Bhavna

Isn't it quite close to 54th Mass.? At least the color.

Hi Andy, no, its closer to Legal Lapis. 54th Mass is very different.

If there is righteousness in the heart, There will be beauty in character. If there is beauty in character, There will be harmony in the home. When there is harmony in the home, There will be order in the nation. When there is order in the nation, There will be peace in the world. Bhagawan Shri Satya Sai Baba

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bhavna

• amberleadavis

• AndyYNWA

• truthpil

Didn't even know this existed. A teal leaning blue/black that is bulletproof, eternal and sheens in a wet nib? This may be worth a sample, at least.

Oh, at least... and then the hunger for the whole bottle will follow! I would have never bought this ink, but, I had to get an extra sample etc, etc and well, I got the bottle!

If there is righteousness in the heart, There will be beauty in character. If there is beauty in character, There will be harmony in the home. When there is harmony in the home, There will be order in the nation. When there is order in the nation, There will be peace in the world. Bhagawan Shri Satya Sai Baba

Wow! That would be worth buying, just to have the label to look at every now and again.

(Oh, and the ink looks pretty good, too :D )

Hi Dave, it is really lovely! I adore the way Mr Tardiff (yes, he is my elder) makes each label so unique and quirky! Btw, I love your collection of pens!

• 3 months later...

This color isn't on the list of available colors I downloaded from the Noodler's site weeks & weeks ago. You say it is bulletproof? Waterproof too? It is a great color.

but I don't need or want any more ink right now

Are you feeling better?

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

Are you feeling better?

slightly

I picked up a small sample bottle of JHerbin Bleu Pervenche that I ran across in a curio store last night

slightly

I picked up a small sample bottle of JHerbin Bleu Pervenche that I ran across in a curio store last night

I am relieved, I was concerned we'd need to do an Inky-Vention.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

Don't forget that when you want a new ink, and for whatever reason (i.e. credit card ran away and hid after Chrissy shopping) you can't buy a new one, you can always blend a new ink from whatever you have on hand.

Examples -

Noodler's La Couleur Royale + Noodler's Navajo Turquoise = Sibling for Parker Penman Sapphire | Noodler's Liberty's Elysium

Pelikan Edelstein Sapphire + Pelikan Edelstein Topaz = Faux Edelstein Aquamarine

Sheaffer Skrip Blue + Sheaffer Skrip Black = Your Perfect Blue-Black (ratios adjusted for your preferences, start with 20 pts Blue to 1 part Black)

Parker Quink Blue + Parker Quink Black = a much better Blue-Black than current Parker product (see above for ratios)

fpn_1412827311__pg_d_104def64.gif

“Them as can do has to do for them as can’t.

And someone has to speak up for them as has no voices.”

Granny Aching

Don't forget that when you want a new ink, and for whatever reason (i.e. credit card ran away and hid after Chrissy shopping) you can't buy a new one, you can always blend a new ink from whatever you have on hand.

Examples -

Noodler's La Couleur Royale + Noodler's Navajo Turquoise = Sibling for Parker Penman Sapphire | Noodler's Liberty's Elysium

Pelikan Edelstein Sapphire + Pelikan Edelstein Topaz = Faux Edelstein Aquamarine

Sheaffer Skrip Blue + Sheaffer Skrip Black = Your Perfect Blue-Black (ratios adjusted for your preferences, start with 20 pts Blue to 1 part Black)

Parker Quink Blue + Parker Quink Black = a much better Blue-Black than current Parker product (see above for ratios)

Thank you for the timely inky reminder. :)

Do we need an ink blend form for the Faux Edelstein Aquamarine?

Granny Aching

It doesn't hurt.

It doesn't hurt.

Will work on it. Currently trying to get my Raspberry Pi to use a pair of thumb drives as a Raid array.

14 hrs later :- Done. See here.

Edited by dcwaites

Granny Aching

• 9 months later...

Would it be safe to consider PotC a truly waterproof version of Air Corps or are there noticeable differences?

There used to be a comparison posted on FPN but the image is no longer up. :(

If PotC has that bit of green tinge like ACBB and the waterproofness of 54th Mass without its chalkiness, then my days of searching for the perfect blue-black are over.

fpn_1451608922__truthpil_signature_small

Would it be safe to consider PotC a truly waterproof version of Air Corps or are there noticeable differences?

If PotC has that bit of green tinge like ACBB and the waterproofness of 54th Mass without its chalkiness, then my days of searching for the perfect blue-black are over.

I think PotC is probably a bit darker than Air Corps, but they are both very nice dark teal-black inks.

It's a quite green teal. I can verify that it's waterproof.

YNWA - JFT97

Instagram: inkyandy

Sounds good enough for me! Excited about this one.

Does anyone have both PotC and ACBB and can scan a brief comparison of the two?

Edited by TruthPil

I am an ancient one who was raised to think that true ink could only be some shade or degree of black. I admit that this has never been a problem for me . . . until a few months ago when I suddenly was struck with the desire to write with a blue ink for some unreasonable reason. Now, these months later, I remain overwhelmed by the many possible blue inks available and unable to make myself truly consider ordering one. Now, you Bhavna, to whom I have never knowingly given offense, present this beautiful ink. I love it and I want it and those so seemingly knowing in matters of ink like it for their reasons, but can I honestly order it and truly say I am not just ordering another basically black ink? Admittedly, it is not a pure, out-and-out blue ink, but it is beautiful and it is not basically black ink, is it? Is it enough that I can order it and say, with a somewhat straight face, that I am moving toward a blue ink a millimeter at a time?

By the way, thank you for the great ink review.

-David (Estie).

No matter how much you push the envelope, it will still be stationery. -Anon.

A backward poet writes inverse. -Anon.

I am an ancient one who was raised to think that true ink could only be some shade or degree of black. I admit that this has never been a problem for me . . . until a few months ago when I suddenly was struck with the desire to write with a blue ink for some unreasonable reason. Now, these months later, I remain overwhelmed by the many possible blue inks available and unable to make myself truly consider ordering one. Now, you Bhavna, to whom I have never knowingly given offense, present this beautiful ink. I love it and I want it and those so seemingly knowing in matters of ink like it for their reasons, but can I honestly order it and truly say I am not just ordering another basically black ink? Admittedly, it is not a pure, out-and-out blue ink, but it is beautiful and it is not basically black ink, is it? Is it enough that I can order it and say, with a somewhat straight face, that I am moving toward a blue ink a millimeter at a time?

By the way, thank you for the great ink review.

-David (Estie).

Nice to hear that you have discovered other colors than black. You are aware that it might kill your piggy bank when you get into inks... ;)

Anyway, this ink is more of a green dark teal, than a blue. However, it's definitely not black, don't worry about that.

YNWA - JFT97

Instagram: inkyandy

Nice to hear that you have discovered other colors than black. You are aware that it might kill your piggy bank when you get into inks... ;)

That's the truth....the day I discovered that there were inks other than Noodler's Black (still the best black ink in existence IMHO) is the day by bank account began to suffer. I just surpassed the 50 inks mark and am still in search of "the one" for each main color. I'm hoping with Prime of the Commons that my search for "the one blue-black" will come to an end.

• 3 weeks later...

My sample of PotC finally came in the mail today. It's a little lighter and bluer than Air Corp--not to mention juicier, more feather-prone, and harder to clean out--but its water resistance is superb. I'll post a comparison of the two inks as soon as I get a chance and have some decent natural light.

Edited by TruthPil