I'm looking for suggestions for ink for grading/marking student papers.
- I need to avoid feathering and bleed-through on a very wide range of papers used by students. I can't control their paper choices.
- Drying time is less critical, but still important. I'd like to be able to make a comment, turn the page, and go on reading and writing, not necessarily in a fraction of a second, but within a second or two.
- I don't want to use black or blue, because students often use these colors themselves.
- I don't want to use red, because students perceive red comments as hostile, even when they are not.
- Green, purple, or brown are good color choices, but if you have just the perfect ink in pink or orange or plaid or whatever, do, please, suggest it.
Fountain pens are very much my favorite writing implements, but I'm not at all a collector of pens or of inks, though I celebrate those of you who are. I can't afford to experiment with a dozen different pens and inks, so I'm hoping something that will just work will emerge from this obviously stupendously informed body.
I'm currently using Waterman Tender Purple ink and an extra-fine nib. This works much of the time, but I still have to switch to a roller-ball much more commonly than I would like.
Thanks in advance,