Montblanc Permanent Black In Cartridges

jhataway

Hello,

My previous try with the permanent black found that it was not permanent. The blue version was permanent. Montblanc kindly sent me a pack of blue cartridges to replace the black. After several months, I decided to give the black another try. The ink was better than the first experience, but about half washed off in water after letting the ink dry thoroughly first. I contacted Montblanc customer service, and will receive another pack of blue cartridges as replacements. I'll have sufficient blue cartridges for some time to come, and I appreciate their willingness to help. Below is the e-mail I received from Montblanc:

Dear Mr. Hataway,

Thank you for your message.

We are sorry to hear that you are not satisfied with the permanent black
ink cartridges. We would be happy to send you a package of the permanent
blue cartridges to replace these.

As a friendly disclaimer, we feel need to mention that our permanent ink
is designed to withstand the effects of time, moisture, and light, we
would not suggest immersing signed documents in water.

We will send you a package of permanent blue cartridges in the mail soon.

My only comment back to them was that both the black and blue inks claim ISO certification, and that the blue ink seems to comply. Noodle's black would probably comply if Nathan was ever inclined to obtain the certification (don't see any reason to do that however).

Has anyone else had these experiences? Thanks.

Jim

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jhataway

• cybaea

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello,

My previous try with the permanent black found that it was not permanent. The blue version was permanent. Montblanc kindly sent me a pack of blue cartridges to replace the black. After several months, I decided to give the black another try. The ink was better than the first experience, but about half washed off in water after letting the ink dry thoroughly first. I contacted Montblanc customer service, and will receive another pack of blue cartridges as replacements. I'll have sufficient blue cartridges for some time to come, and I appreciate their willingness to help. Below is the e-mail I received from Montblanc:

Dear Mr. Hataway,

Thank you for your message.

We are sorry to hear that you are not satisfied with the permanent black

ink cartridges. We would be happy to send you a package of the permanent

blue cartridges to replace these.

As a friendly disclaimer, we feel need to mention that our permanent ink

is designed to withstand the effects of time, moisture, and light, we

would not suggest immersing signed documents in water.

We will send you a package of permanent blue cartridges in the mail soon.

My only comment back to them was that both the black and blue inks claim ISO certification, and that the blue ink seems to comply. Noodle's black would probably comply if Nathan was ever inclined to obtain the certification (don't see any reason to do that however).

Has anyone else had these experiences? Thanks.

Jim

Was the text still readable? That is all the (rollerball) ISO standard requires; after 24 hours in water, "The line shall remain visible..."

(Yes, I purchased a copy of the standards document. it is pretty pathetic....)

I am no longer very active on FPN but feel free to message me. Or send me a postal letter!

Well, I didn't leave the paper under water for 24 hours, but I suspect it would still be readable. So the ISO standard has little to do with absolute permanence. But I am still wondering how the black ink from a bottle in "Big Eddie's " review showed permanence after immersion in water. Oh well, I'll just stay with Noodler's black.