The Flock Is Growning

gordonhooker

Will keep my eye open for Sailor Grenada and Chesterfield. Thanks for the info....

Nature is the one song of praise that never stops singing. - Richard Rohr

Poets don't draw. They unravel their handwriting and then tie it up again, but differently. - Jean Cocteau

Ο Θεός μ 'αγαπάς

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• gordonhooker

• Christopher Godfrey

• Lam1

• zuhandensein

I checked the roost this morning and my lovely little White and tortoise shell hatchling had arrived, it has a medium nib but seems more a little then my other M400 medium nib, unless it is just the ink. So now the flock consists of:

Green 600 Souveran with a fine nib,

Red 600 Souveran with a medium nib,

Red M205 that I have put an M400 medium nib on, and

White and tortoise shell Souveran 400 with a medium nib...

I like the medium nibs....

Poets don't draw. They unravel their handwriting and then tie it up again, but differently. - Jean Cocteau

Ο Θεός μ 'αγαπάς

The flock thus far: :) :) :)

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa33/gordonhooker/20150922_141736_zpspcsqz0ev.jpg

Ο Θεός μ 'αγαπάς

Yes I love the white/tortoise shell... the nib that came with it is so smooth I love it.

Ο Θεός μ 'αγαπάς

My first 805 flew in this morning - a little larger than my other Pelikans (205, 400 and 600) I like that it feels comfortable un-posted as I have to post my others for better balance. The new bird is the "Pelikan - M805 Anthracite Fountain Pen". I will post a pic when I get a chance.

Ο Θεός μ 'αγαπάς

<...will post a pic when I get a chance...>

Ja, make sure you do, Gordon -- and post it the right way up! ;^)

Your flock is looking most attractive -- and very colourful! Complements to you, mate.

The Diamine Red Dragon recommendation is a good one. My son likes that very much and introduced me to that and to Diamine's "Ancient Copper," another winner with a reddish cast. Get a sample of each and have a go at them.

I'm going to mention something else now: my son bought me a some J. Herbin 1670 Rouge Hematite. It's beautiful, but not very water-stable. Come to think of it, I don't recall you making any additional requirements beyond a request for a dark red.

I cannot get a decent photo of my new bird using the camera in my phone the dark colour of the pen just makes the whole pen look dark even using a flash.

So I have just laid out the flock on a pad, starting at the closest:

M808 Black and Grey - med nib

M600 Red - med nib

M205 Red - med nib from M400

M600 Green - fine nib

M400 Tortoise Shell - med nib

Vintage 400 with an EF nib - this one is waiting to go into hospital to have the filler fixed as it is jammed.

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa33/gordonhooker/20151002_140506_zpsf3qeat7m.jpg

Edited by GordonOZ

Ο Θεός μ 'αγαπάς

Gordon...my all time favorite dark red is Diamine Red Dragon, but I also like Cult Pens Deep Dark Red (made for them by Diamine) and DeAtrementis Black Red.

Enjoy your new Pelikan! I just also purchased the same pen as a M600 and really like it.

Mary

ETA: I was taught that dark pens photograph best on dark backgrounds.

Thanks for the tip about the dark back ground and the recommendation for the ink.

Ο Θεός μ 'αγαπάς

Beautiful flock! And fast breeding too! Just be careful with those M80xs, they tend to breed even faster than the smaller birds (don't ask me how I know that ;) ).

• 1 month later...

I am not very happy with one of our members from China - he posted pictures of a Pelikan 700 Toledo - now I want one, problem is I don't have that sort of money at the moment. I have really got a taste for all things Pelikan fountain pen now.... Yikes I am doomed doomed the pain the pain......

Ο Θεός μ 'αγαπάς

I am not very happy with one of our members from China - he posted pictures of a Pelikan 700 Toledo - now I want one, problem is I don't have that sort of money at the moment. I have really got a taste for all things Pelikan fountain pen now.... Yikes I am doomed doomed the pain the pain......

I know how you feel, because I also would love to have a Toledo. Since I Don't have that kind of money, I started saving for it, and all was going well until I saw the burnt orange with an italic broad nib... Now I have to start it all over! :(

By the way, beautiful collection. And a fast growing one too! It seems that your house is a good environment for bird reproduction :).

I know how you feel, because I also would love to have a Toledo. Since I Don't have that kind of money, I started saving for it, and all was going well until I saw the burnt orange with an italic broad nib... Now I have to start it all over! :(

By the way, beautiful collection. And a fast growing one too! It seems that your house is a good environment for bird reproduction :).

Just the right weather conditions, close to the sea (our unit block backs onto Moreton Bay.... and plenty of fresh fish and mud crabs around to feed the young.... The burnt orange bird with the broad italic beak sounds nice.... :)

Ο Θεός μ 'αγαπάς

< I started saving for it, and all was going well until I saw the burnt orange with an italic broad nib... Now I have to start it all over>

I know the feeling all too well, Lam1!

Gordon, you think <you've> got a problem? You want a 700 Toledo: <I> want a vintage 100 Toledo -- now <those> are very big bucks (if they ever turn up)! Oy, vey... :(

Edited by Christopher Godfrey

<I> want a vintage 100 Toledo -- now <those> are very big bucks (if they ever turn up)! Oy, vey... :(

Ouch! That is serious money!

And I wouldn't even know where to start looking for them...

I hope you get one. Good luck.

< I started saving for it, and all was going well until I saw the burnt orange with an italic broad nib... Now I have to start it all over>

I know the feeling all too well, Lam1!

Gordon, you think <you've> got a problem? You want a 700 Toledo: <I> want a vintage 100 Toledo -- now <those> are very big bucks (if they ever turn up)! Oy, vey... :(

I was hoping to win the AU$70 million on the Power Ball Lotto last night so I could have gone mad with Pelikan purchases but, alas it wasn't to be - back to saving up for my next Pelikan.... :)

Ο Θεός μ 'αγαπάς

Just ran across this thread and had to laugh at the typo in the subject line....

Are they growning (groaning) because you're not feeding them enough? Or because they all want to be the center of attentions? :lol:

Seriously, though, nice collection you've got going there.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Ruth you win the chocolate - it was a play on words and you were the only one who got it..... :) These birds have cost me a lot of money.....

Ο Θεός μ 'αγαπάς