What Was Your Last Impulsive Pen Acquisition?

lgbpinho

You are right, the sealed cartridges are pretty new.

I think the red school pen has an inset nib, (similar to the Imperial I.)

The red pen should be fine with new cartridges.

For the blister-packed pen, I would recommend you sand the back end of a new cartridge, and try to fit it into the pen.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• inkstainedruth

• A Smug Dill

• Misfit

• JonSzanto

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ooo. My HongDian arrived. Immediately loaded it with Aurora black (from a sample) and am ecstatic. Incredible value for £19.99 delivered.

Ok, I'm going to need lessons in how to use a fude nib but the EF nib is gloriously smooth and lovely and wet. :wub:

I have a cheap Guanleming pen with a fude nib. It's very nice for doing calligraphy, especially with more problematic inks (like old formula J Herbin 1670 Rouge Hematite, with the big gold flakes) and doing stuff in a hand like Uncial.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Ooo. My HongDian arrived. Immediately loaded it with Aurora black (from a sample) and am ecstatic. Incredible value for £19.99 delivered.

Ok, I'm going to need lessons in how to use a fude nib but the EF nib is gloriously smooth and lovely and wet. :wub:

Practice. They are fun.

"Today will be gone in less than 24 hours. When it is gone, it is gone. Be wise, but enjoy! - anonymous today

So, I decided to dip my little toe into the world of Visconti. I have been considering a Visconti fp for some time and was debating between a Rembrandt, Mirage or Breeze. The answer came when I spotted a good deal on a purple Rembrandt with a medium nib. It should be here by Tuesday. So, it was a bit of an impulsive purchase.

And I did get my Montblanc Starwalker back from my "pen wizard" and now it writes very nicely.

"Today will be gone in less than 24 hours. When it is gone, it is gone. Be wise, but enjoy! - anonymous today

I am this close to impulsively buying either an orange Edison Collier or a sea-foam green Aurora Duo Cart. So far, I have resisted.

So far.

• 2 weeks later...

Every one of my pens has been an impulse buy, the last one being a Scriptorium (ordered 10/18, rec’d 3/20). Beautiful pen.

Platinum Curidas in blue.

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

Most recent? A sterling silver filigree Morrison ringtop on eBay. New listing, nobody else watching it, I let the clock run down and then bid the minimum with a minute and a half to go.

I've actually been wanting one of these for several years, to go along with the gold-filled filigree ones. According to the tracking info, I should be getting the pen on Monday. :D

Of course then I have to wait to get the pen re-sacced.... :wallbash:

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

I bought an unused blue M800 (F) on r/pen_swap yesterday. I was so excited about the great price.

Then I looked up cultpens, and I would have only paid about $15 more from them. So not the greatest deal ever. But still, I saved a small few bucks and will no doubt get the pen a lot sooner than waiting from England.

I see now what happened. The guy mentioned selling it before having to return it. So he figured he would convert it to quick cash instead of waiting for it to ship all the way overseas before he got his refund. :P

Of course, now that I have this fancy big Pelikan coming, I "need" a special new ink. So I ordered a bottle of Edelstein Topaz from endlesspens, along with a bottle each of Waterman Inspired Blue and 4001 Blue Black. (cuz you can't just buy one bottle of ink, or the shipping hurts your discounted price LOL)

Edited by NumberSix

Eehm, is there a thread for impulse selling? Because: Over the weekend I came across a "Wanted!"-thread in a German forum asking for a Montblanc 144 F which I had & did not use as much as it deserved so I sold it.

Over the weekend I also got a message there asking for the feel of a Mini Sailor Pro Gear Slim I had shown on a pic in an ink review. To my own surprise it felt okay to let this one go, too.

Against my better judgment, I purchased another pen on the "e-Unmentionable" auction website. But this pen was coming from a recognized pen seller (at least I think so since I had purchased from him a few years ago). It is a Geha with a 14k broad nib. It should be here next week some time.

No impulsive selling, all ready to go. Buying is like getting married where an impulsive one is possible. Selling is like divorce, all reached the point of out of here, whether you admit it or not. :D

Eehm, is there a thread for impulse selling? Because: Over the weekend I came across a "Wanted!"-thread in a German forum asking for a Montblanc 144 F which I had & did not use as much as it deserved so I sold it.

Over the weekend I also got a message there asking for the feel of a Mini Sailor Pro Gear Slim I had shown on a pic in an ink review. To my own surprise it felt okay to let this one go, too.

I somehow ended up in a trade for a NOS vacumatic. I don't even think I dare to use a NOS pen... I might resell and buy a used one.

I'm going to "break the rules" and say what isn't/wasn't my last impulsive pen acquisition. I had a Sailor Blue Dwarf (Professional Gear Slim) with Music nib sitting in the cart for an excellent, heavily discounted unit price of under US$101, but ended up spending what I would have had to pay — including shipping — on thirty also heavily discounted Paperblanks (midi and ultra sized) notebooks for myself, my wife, and also as gifts for friends' children. US$101 for a "limited edition" Sailor gold-nibbed pen is fantastic, but less than US$5 (actually, US$4.35 on average) for each Paperblanks notebook just trumps that.

Maybe I'll come to regret not getting yet another pen on overridden impulse!

I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present, when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable; and link to third-party content where I can, when I make a claim or refute a statement of fact in a thread. If there is something you can verify for yourself, I entreat you to do so, and judge for yourself what is right, correct, and valid. I may be wrong, and my position or say-so is no more authoritative and carries no more weight than anyone else's here.

A brown lamy safari for an Embarrassing Price. Now I need to get to the post before my girlfriend

Pelikan M101N Bright Red. Fahrneys priced them to move, and I moved one right into my collection.