What Was Your Last Impulsive Pen Acquisition?

lgbpinho

Lamy Safari Petrol extra fine fountain pen and cartridges.

Edited by pajaro

"Don't hurry, don't worry. It's better to be late at the Golden Gate than to arrive in Hell on time."
--Sign in a bar and grill, Ormond Beach, Florida, 1960.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• inkstainedruth

• A Smug Dill

• Misfit

• essayfaire

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Duplicate

Edited by pajaro

"Don't hurry, don't worry. It's better to be late at the Golden Gate than to arrive in Hell on time."
--Sign in a bar and grill, Ormond Beach, Florida, 1960.

Delta Unica in matte black from Goulet and I don't regret it one bit. My new favorite pen, which is saying something since it knocked my F-C p66 down to second place.

Sheaffer Cadet with SM1 nib in Vermillion. Bought it mainly because I'd never seen a Cadet this color for sale on eBay before (never seen an SM1 nib, either).

It's hard work to tell which is Old Harry when everybody's got boots on.

There are two sellers offering Jinhao x450 fountain pens for $0.99 . I have not ordered from either for more than one year. However, I cannot buy, since the message says I am limited to one unit. :angry: So, I got a bit cranky, and began bidding on x450's from other Ebay sellers, "free shipping". I won 7 pens. The total cost is $6.57 USD. Six received. One outstanding. My ire has been sated.

Auf freiem Grund mit freiem Volke stehn.
Zum Augenblicke dürft ich sagen:
Verweile doch, du bist so schön !

Twsbi Eco. I have some very nice pens, and even a pilot ch 92 clear demonstrator piston filler, but for some reason I felt the need to order the twsbi. I'm sick.

After months of Abstinence...I fell off the wagon 5 minutes ago. Bexley Pocket Pal with Accommodation Clip Fine Steel Nib in Water and Lava Blue OrangeSwirl. $99 from Federalist Pens. It was the size, the color, the price, the clip. It punched all my buttons and I couldn't resist. I've been a Berry , Berry Bad Boy. Jim

Is there such a thing as a 'planned' fountain pen buy :) Every pen I buy is one more than I need, or planned to buy = impulsive

My Vintage Montblanc Website--> link

A Lamy Al Star in Ruthenium with a Broad nib; there was just too much talk about the new Safari Petrol for me not to have another Lamy & I caught the pen new from a Dealer's Ebay auction so it wasn't much more than the Petrol. It is kind of a "Grown UP" Safari & the nib is very good looking.

Lamy Imporium, spotted on a well known non-auction international site (and not being sold by a third party) for just £117 - normal price should be some where between £250 and £350. Couldn't resist. Resistance roll failed. Pen due Tuesday.

---edit---

Just looked now, as when I bought it there was just two left. Now one left, but at £272.55.

Edited by dapprman

Is there such a thing as a 'planned' fountain pen buy :) Every pen I buy is one more than I need, or planned to buy = impulsive

You know, this is my thought, as well; once you get past how many you actually need - 3, 4, 5 maybe - for work, school, personal use, they're all impulse buys.

It's hard work to tell which is Old Harry when everybody's got boots on.

Jinhao 992, which is probably going to be my last buy for awhile... mum enforced a ban on getting any new pens :unsure: But she didn't say anything about inks :rolleyes:

Edited by Miaxina

Aren't they all on impulse? :rolleyes:

I got a 3776, sf, black/gold with a bottle of iroshizuku yama-budo. :happycloud9:

...The history, culture and sophistication; the rich, aesthetic beauty; the indulgent, ritualistic sensations of unscrewing the cap and filling from a bottle of ink; the ambient scratch of the ink-stained nib on fine paper; A noble instrument, descendant from a line of ever-refined tools, and the luster of writing,
with a charge from over several millennia of continuing the art of recording man's life.

This 'Special Edition Espressione'. Just this morning. As claimed by the seller its body is made from Celluloid instead of the normal Resin version, but till now I still couldn't find any information about this pen. I'm waiting for Montegrappa and others to confirm that this special edition actually exist :/

Aren't they all on impulse? :rolleyes:

I got a 3776, sf, black/gold with a bottle of iroshizuku yama-budo. :happycloud9:

Nope. Some are planned purchases, where you decide what you want and then scope out the best price (and if it's on eBay you scope out every POSSIBLE listing as well).

Some are semi-planned purchases (like when going to pen shows where you have a want list: "Okay, I really want to get an Emerald Pearl Vac and let's see who's got what this weekend and if they're affordable...").

And some are really spur of the moment, when you wander into an antiques mall where in the past you've found only junkers and come out with a couple of sumgai pens, or you just stop someplace you're driving past on the spur of the moment just to see if they have ANYTHING pen related and find a treasure.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

I decided I should fill out my semi-vintage Auroras with an 88K. I found one BiN on an Italian site a couple of nights ago. Two were watching. When I looked again yesterday, five were watching. I decided they didn't need it.

X

Well, since buying that Welsharp I've gone swimming in the Bay of Evil again, and won this last week: http://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-ESTERBROOK-FOUNTAIN-PEN-2048-NIB-/401316057112?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&nma=true&si=OlUADVmjXleFagpF6WhrjMgDiRE%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

It came in the mail today, and turns out to not only be a full-size J, it *might* have a decent sac in it (well, at any rate, not ossified B)).

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Well, since buying that Welsharp I've gone swimming in the Bay of Evil again, and won this last week: http://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-ESTERBROOK-FOUNTAIN-PEN-2048-NIB-/401316057112?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&nma=true&si=OlUADVmjXleFagpF6WhrjMgDiRE%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

It came in the mail today, and turns out to not only be a full-size J, it *might* have a decent sac in it (well, at any rate, not ossified B)).

Very Nice!

I am always deterred by single item buying due to shipping costs... in your case the shipping cost is double the item price... !

Based on the subject line, I can't actually say; I won't really know until there isn't another one. But my most recent was a MB 149 on eBay. Fair deal, needed a little work, but comes back from the shop tomorrow (Yay for FPH for taking WAY fewer than 4 weeks!).

fpn_1497391483__snailbadge.png