What Was Your Last Impulsive Pen Acquisition?

lgbpinho

Ordered a Nakaya Naka-ai this morning...

"Words can light fires in the minds of men. Words can wring tears from the hardest hearts." - Patrick Rothfuss

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• inkstainedruth

• A Smug Dill

• Misfit

• JonSzanto

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

montblanc 90th anniversary 146... i saw what i considered a good deal and wanted a pen. Took the plunge.

I really like the rose gold. Enjoy!

My Vintage Montblanc Website--> link

Namiki Nippon Art Dragon with Cumulus Clouds from Anderson Pens at the Philadelphia Pen Show. It was the most money I've every paid for a pen since usually I buy from Europe or pre-owned. It is a fantastic pen and actually gets better with use. The nib is terrific and the pen is beautiful. Lots of my colleagues have said its their favorite of my pens they've seen.

There is no such word as impulsive here.

Reviews from the entire net are harvested from multiple sources where each pen is then conscientiously and meticulously scrutinised under a fine hypercritical comb.

There is no such word as impulsive here.

Reviews from the entire net are harvested from multiple sources where each pen is then conscientiously and meticulously scrutinised under a fine hypercritical comb.

without having the pen in your hand? :P

• 1 month later...

Can't remember... a Wyvern Deluxe or an unnamed 30s looking number for about $7. Haven't received either of them yet.

Hi, I'm Mat

:)

Platinum 3776 Chartres Blue with a Soft Fine Nib and a Sailor Profit Standard MF with a 21k nib. Clicking "Place Order" was just so easy...! never go past "Checkout"!

Saw some nice flexy shading of Noodler's Brexit on an instagram post. Didn't want to give up the black in my 9128-equipped Estie J, so I ordered an Ahab. Should be here today. :)

Visconti Van Gogh Irises. For a year, I convinced myself not to get it (metal section, nib QC, overpriced). Last month I came across one with a nice color palette and pattern, and a bit less overpriced. Placed the order within 24 hours.

For me it was a cute little mini-pen, found in an antiques mall outside Clarion PA last week. No pix yet (sorry), but the nib says "Wel-Sharp" and the cap ring looks like that of some pens I then scoped out on eBay when I got home. The nib appeared to be in decent shape (much better than that on a Peter Pan in another booth, ticketed at $75 US -- i.e., for WAAAY more than the pen I bought. So now I have to figure out what size sac it's gonna need; plus, how best to clean the pen (it's sort of pearl white in color, and clearly had black ink in it in the past) because I can't tell if the barrel and cap are celluloid or casein.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Platinum President (Rhodium) with C nib.

What's "impulsive"? :)

Wancher's limited maki-e pen...

Really impulsive on that one. I found it on an auction site and had 3 minutes left before the bid closed.

It was a good deal in terms of price, but I probably didn't need it.

It's only later on where I found somewhere in FPN posts that this pen has a poor quality in writing...

I think I will make this a christmas gift (possibly a white elephant gift at the office).

Dream, take one step at a time and achieve. :)

Namiki Falcon, but I have not regretted :)

Alfredo

I've tried it and it's really nice.

I was going to get it but the pen store didn't have the black color I wanted...

I was not patient enough and went ahead and got a different pen :P

Dream, take one step at a time and achieve. :)

A Sailor 1911 Demonstator with a Broad nib. Why? Because I've never owned a Sailor and I was curious. I saw it online when ordering my Lamy Safari Petrol and associated inks. Well they arrived today and I'm in love with the Sailor. I'm glad I ordered a B nib as it's finer than a typical B. The 14k nib is smooth with a little tooth. Despite the fact I'm not a fan of yellow gold trims on clear demos, the pen looks nice and I love the feel of it in my hand. The only downside is that I have way too many pens and I'm sure this won't be my last Sailor.

BTW, the Lamy Safari Petrol is a great colour and I love the ink too.

My last impulse buy was about five minutes ago. I bought a Pilot VP from Goulet. White with matte black trim and black nib