Pilot’S Pocket Pen: Elite 95S Review

sannidh

i hope you are enjoying your lil bundle of joy the elite 95s i got mine from jsubculture after reading Haris review of the pen for about 75 usd

Ravi, I think we both had purchased the first elites during the same time only :)

Very nice nib..

Lovely review. I had a 95s for a short while. I loved the form and the feel of the pen, but the M nib was just too narrow for my taste. I keep hoping a B or bigger nib will be released for this pen, but I don't think its practical in a pen this small. Well wear.

Thank you..It's more of fun with the small pen. Also slips inside the MTN pen holder :)

You have come to earth to entertain and to be entertained - P.Y

Some Pen & Paraphernalia Reviews

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sannidh

• Newjelan

• hari317

• pgd84

Omg! This pen a amazing beyond words.....was lucky enough to use Sonik's pen, the subject of this review, and what a joy! I just couldnt beleive it, all it took is to write one alphabet to fall in love!! Cant wait to receive mine...

Thank you Sonik for the oppurtinity to try this one out.

And you had ordered it before even trying it it. :P

Agree on the Medium broadish nib but delightful in flow and smoothness :)

Edited by soniknitr

Think weather might be a problem & water dip isn't long term, just takes the joy out of the pen. Mine works really well in Indian temperatures.

I don't think so, climate here varies from hot to cold, high to low humidity. I have about 80 or so pens and the Elite is the only one with this problem.

I don't think so, climate here varies from hot to cold, high to low humidity. I have about 80 or so pens and the Elite is the only one with this problem.

Oh I see! Then the problem seems to be with the piece only. Does Pilot Australia have good customer service?

OH the LEGEND.

I didn't know this was a limited edition. Only leads to more indecisiveness. Thanks?

Thanks.

Thanks Sahil :)

You might consider getting it, not really LE but limited run & stop, from whatever info I got.

Pradeep's buying a dozen :P

Oh I see! Then the problem seems to be with the piece only. Does Pilot Australia have good customer service?

Very limited service support unfortunately. I've emailed them but haven't heard back yet. I think it just needs a tighter cap but I won't hold my breath as Pilot in Australia only have the Capless/Decimo and Varsity fountain pens on their Australian website.

I also have this pen with a M nib and although it does write more like a broad, I really like it. I hardly use the pen though because mine is a hard starter and as I'm out and about a great deal, so using water to help start it isn't an option.

perhaps a defective piece? I own several pilots and hard start is not typical of them.

I feel the problem may have something to do with the nib setting...

In case you wish to write to me, pls use ONLY email by clicking here. I do not check PMs. Thank you.

perhaps a defective piece? I own several pilots and hard start is not typical of them.

Yes, I own about 10 or so other Pilot fountain pens and they're all perfect. Pilot is my favourite brand and the nib on my Elite is excellent when it does write.

Thanks Sahil :)

You might consider getting it, not really LE but limited run & stop, from whatever info I got.

Pradeep's buying a dozen :P

Hahaha would that i could, it seems to be the the perfect pocket pen! I wish i could try an F as well for that juicy medium line...

When I grow up, I want to be a great lawyer. Until then, I practice. - A.Davis

I agree - this is not typical of Pilot pens. I, too, have a medium and it writes buttery smooth with no hard start issues. All of my Pilots write great, with the exception of a Prera. Constant problems with start up and skips. Turned me off to Preras, even though I'm sure that I just got a lemon. Just goes to show that no pen company is perfect with every product. It doesn't dampen my enthusiasm for Pilot pens though. Pilot has established a great reputation.

Edited by Blue_Moon

Franklin-Christoph, Italix, and Pilot pens are the best!
Iroshizuku, Diamine, and Waterman inks are my favorites!

Apica, Rhodia, and Clairefontaine make great paper!

I agree - this is not typical of Pilot pens. I, too, have a medium and it writes buttery smooth with no hard start issues. All of my Pilots write great, with the exception of a Prera. Constant problems with start up and skips. Turned me off to Preras, even though I'm sure that I just got a lemon. Just goes to show that no pen company is perfect with every product. It doesn't dampen my enthusiasm for Pilot pens though. Pilot has established a great reputation.

Mine is buttery smooth once it starts. I love how it writes, just hate the hard start. All my other Pilots are perfect but I just realised I've had no response fro Pilot (Australia) customer service. So I'm glad the other pens are all fine.

Hi Sonik,

Congrats! Beautiful pen. As far I have observed, you and fellow members would agree, all Pilots are very good quality pens and fine writers even after many years of use.

Enjoy! :)

Hi Sonik,

Congrats! Beautiful pen. As far I have observed, you and fellow members would agree, all Pilots are very good quality pens and fine writers even after many years of use.

Enjoy! :)

Hey Sudeep,

Thank you. I feel they are the best value for money pen be it the 845 or the Elite or a Custom 74.

But for the best pen really, pilot raises the bar with Namiki.

Thanks