Packing A Punch: Click "bamboo" Half Ebonite

Sagarb

post-120844-0-54796000-1441702476_thumb.jpg

My passion for collecting fountain pens is not too old. It is hardly been there for 9 or 10 months;and as a new comer in FPN world, writing a review of any fountain pen is not an easy task for me. Perhaps, it wouldn’t have been, had it not been for two reasons:

First: I have been surfing FPN regularly over the past month and a half. Except the Tulip Demonstrator, I haven’t seen any fountain pen from Click has been reviewed(Vaibhab Mehandiratta wrote a fantastic review of it) or discussed. Though there were several products by Click which were review-worthy.

Second: When I came across Click pens in ASA’s website whatever reason I ignored them at that time. Perhaps their low prices made me a bit confused. I had a doubt how their quality would be! This was a mistake which I realized later. When I started writing with my first Click product-a tulip piston filler, I felt it was no less than top quality Indian fountain pens and my interest was built up for Click pens since then.

After using few products of Click, I have found that they are uniformly good in quality and maintaining this in such a low price is just amazing!

I was keen to collect some ebonites from them and surprisingly last week I got this Bamboo half Ebonite from my partner(another fountain pen enthusiast) with a brand new color.After writing with this pen I am so impressed that I have no choice but to write this review.

post-120844-0-50837900-1441702903_thumb.jpg

Click Bamboo Half Ebonite FP

Appearance and design: 4/5

Click bamboo is a flat top Half ebonite(note only the barrel is ebonite other parts are CAB resin)fountain pen with gold trim. I really like the smart appearance of this pen.

post-120844-0-72912800-1441703264_thumb.jpg

uncapped

Though it is identical to Sheaffer No- Nonsense, its simple look attracts me as well.. In my opinion chrome trim would have made it better look than gold trim. Gold trim made its look a bit cheaper. The pen is straight shaped design which tapers slightly towards the end of the bottom. The cap is flat but there is a slight curve in the barrel end.

post-120844-0-67525000-1441703472_thumb.jpg

The grip section and the cap are made of black CAB resin. Threads are not sharp to touch. Those who likes to hold the pen little higher ,

they can hold it quite comfortably. There are no marks or scratch on the clip as such, the barrel is very nice and smooth ebonite finish .

post-120844-0-00229000-1441703660_thumb.jpg

Cap and grip section

It is really a stylish pen. Overall the combination of its ebonite barrel and black resin cap it look so beautiful.

Balance: 5/5

The Balance of the pen is really good because of its straight shape.

post-120844-0-04834300-1441703840_thumb.jpg

The length of the pen is 13.8 cm when capped and 12.7cm when uncapped including the nib.

post-120844-0-46007700-1441704851_thumb.jpgpost-120844-0-17939800-1441704853_thumb.jpg

And when cap is posted it is around 16.8cm long. The cap diameter is 13mm dia and barrel thickness is 10 mm and grip section thickness is 9 mm.

post-120844-0-87464300-1441704887_thumb.jpg

post-120844-0-10225900-1441707152_thumb.jpg

From Left- Bamboo, Guider and Asa Forever

post-120844-0-48309800-1441707218_thumb.jpg

From left- Airmail, Bamboo and Asa Forever

In a long run it writes so well, whether posted or not.

Nib and Ink Filling: 4/5

The nib is dual tone iridium point tipped nib and it writes fine.

post-120844-0-11332300-1441705933_thumb.jpg

In the beginning the ink didn't flow properly, after adjusting a bit and washing the feeder, it writes perfect now.

The nibs of any Click pens which I have used never gave me any problem as such.I am happy with this part.

post-120844-0-79314200-1441706533_thumb.jpg

The feed is made of ebonite and the pen writes neither wet not fine but with a nice flow.

The ink filling system is an eyedropper and hold 3 ml of ink. Writing sample:

post-120844-0-51230500-1441707374_thumb.jpg

Conclusion:

I just loved this pen and in future I would love to collect other colors too. Waiting for their new stock and new design..

It's a budget pen..anyone can afford them especially those without a brand obsession.

Edited by Sagarb

Sagar Bhowmick

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sagarb

• hari317

• Dhruv_Sood

• anil_jain

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That's not good. What if you feel like switching ink in between? :)

I don't think Indian Eyedroppers give a good flow if they are not completely filled. Completely filled when filling the ink, not during usage.

This one is similar to oliver Karma eyedropper

Yes, I think the main design came from Sheaffer No- Nonsense..

Sagar Bhowmick

• 2 weeks later...

How is the drying time of this pen (when capped and unused) ? ,I get frustated when my FP`s doesn`t start within 2-3 days when kept ideal.

I haven't checked it yet, but I am sure it won't dry in 2-3 days..Other FP s from "Click" I have been using never comes dry easily..

Sagar Bhowmick

I haven't checked it yet, but I am sure it won't dry in 2-3 days..Other FP s from "Click" I have been using never comes dry easily..

Thanks Sagar for the above information, I will surely grab one.