The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Waldmann Solon And (Xetra) Vienna

waldmann solon vienna xetra vienna xetra sterling silver

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 n_doerner

n_doerner

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 September 2015 - 09:10

Hi, 

I'm currently interested in Wladmann pens, especially the Waldmann Solon, Vienna and Xetra Vienna.

So far, I couldn't find any reviews or info saying more than Waldmann is doing on their homepage on the web (I only found some posts about the Tango and like one post about the Manager).

So, my question is whether anyone here could pictures of how these pens look in the flesh and maybe write about his/her experiences with these pens.

Looking forward to your replies! :)

Sponsored Content

#2 Ursus

Ursus

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 September 2015 - 09:36

:W2FPN:

I'm looking forward to see what people will write, as I have also wondered about those mysterious pens myself...

#3 VivienR

VivienR

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,228 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 28 November 2015 - 20:00

Waldmann started to get some inertia here... I'm playing with the idea, about buying a Waldmann Xtera Vienna... maybe next year, for this year, I'm already spent my pen budget. Hopefully till time someone will post some review about this pen.

#4 Bo Bo Olson

Bo Bo Olson

Pen Dust

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,262 posts

Posted 04 December 2015 - 18:42

If it wasn't for the fact they have nail nibs, the factory is close enough to Heidelberg to think of going down to look at their show room. Why don't you see where it is....It might be close enough to go to, or to detour if you are going somewhere near by or passing it.

The Vienna finish is supposed to be rare in today's world.

I don't care for nail nibs.

German vintage '50-70 semi-flex stubs and those in oblique give the real thing in On Demand line variation. Modern Oblique is a waste of money for a shadow of line variation. Being too lazy to Hunt for affordable vintage oblique pens, lets you 'hunt' for line variation instead of having it.

www.nibs.com/blog/nibster-writes/nibs-germany & https://www.peter-bo...cts/nib-systems,

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.

#5 pkotrcka

pkotrcka

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 July 2016 - 14:43

Hello, new user of Waldmann Solon here. I just bought it 3 hours ago, so no review yet, but first impression is extremely great, nib (F) is smooth with a bit of nice feedback, not scratchy, not toothy, just a feedback that your nib is on a paper. For that price (120 € here with taxes), I would buy it again, no doubts about that.

... I believe in purple ink

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: waldmann, solon, vienna, xetra vienna, xetra, sterling, silver

Sponsored Content

|