The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Plastic Step Down On Invincia Deluxe Chrome?

plastic monteverde invincia carbon fiber chrome deluxe

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Ichiro

Ichiro

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 05 September 2015 - 21:56

Decided to step up from my flaking Jinhao x750. Decided on a Monteverde invincia deluxe chrome. I had read here about finish issues on the all black models so decided on chrome.

All of the pics I have seen online had an all chrome grip and step down. What I received from a retailer with a black plastic step down. It is a sharp edge screw in type that has a larger diameter than the grip. Quite annoying on such a beautiful pen.

Is this something new?

Attached Images

• image.jpg

Edited by Ichiro, 06 September 2015 - 18:54.

Sponsored Content

#2 Ichiro

Ichiro

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 12 September 2015 - 22:34

Well I contacted the retailer and they Compared my pic with their stock and never saw a plastic screw on step like mine so they offered to exchange for me (whew!)

It was so uncomfortable and the chrome couldn't recap flush because of the annoying black plastic.

Then I noticed that the black plastic piece would unscrew. Strange.
I looked inside the cap and saw a space between the white inner sleeve and the mouth. So used a decent amount of pressure then forced the black plastic thing in. Now the cap screws on. Didn't quite close flush so I pushed a little further ( carefully so not to crack the white inner piece. Then Viola! My pen is now perfect and screws flush without any annoying plastic piece.

I have a feeling the manufacturer meant for this piece to be in the cap but for some reason it was left uninstalled and screwed to the body instead.

The pen works like butter. I have the black 1.1 nib and it writes smoothly with a little feedback. I'm so happy😍

Attached Images

• image.jpg

Edited by Ichiro, 12 September 2015 - 22:48.

#3 Ichiro

Ichiro

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 12 September 2015 - 22:36

Notice the difference in the step down now. All chrome

Attached Images

• image.jpg

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: plastic, monteverde, invincia, carbon, fiber, chrome, deluxe

Sponsored Content

|