The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Lubricating A Vac 700

twsbi vac700 vac 700 maintenance

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Portamenti

Portamenti

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 05 September 2015 - 15:53

Good Morning Everyone, 

Sorry if this is covered anywhere else... I haven't found it anywhere in my searches. 

I have a Vac 700 that is getting stiff to plunge for refills. I'm wondering where exactly I should be applying the grease that came with the pen? Do I pull out the plunger, and lubricate the shaft? Do I need to lubricate the o-ring, and if so, how do I go about doing this?

Thanks so much in advance, 

-Portamenti

Sponsored Content

#2 Portamenti

Portamenti

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 06 September 2015 - 03:59

Bueller... Bueller... Bueller...

In all seriousness, from what I keep reading about other twsbi pens, it seems I just need to lubricate the plunger seal. I'm thinking I won't do any damage by doing so, and I'll see if this solves my problem.

Is my logic flawed?

Edited by Portamenti, 06 September 2015 - 03:59.

#3 R531

R531

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 September 2015 - 22:17

Frye, Frye, Frye ...

pretty sound logic to me ....
I guess the o ring if dried out could go hard so silicone grease is probably the best bet for it.

“Rome wasn’t built in a day, but then again I wasn’t on that particular job.”  - Brian Clough

#4 NobleDel

NobleDel

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 September 2015 - 23:55

Bueller... Bueller... Bueller...

In all seriousness, from what I keep reading about other twsbi pens, it seems I just need to lubricate the plunger seal. I'm thinking I won't do any damage by doing so, and I'll see if this solves my problem.

Is my logic flawed?

That's what I do with my 700.

#5 Portamenti

Portamenti

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 07 September 2015 - 11:37

Thanks for the replies. Do you add silicone anywhere else?

#6 Aetius

Aetius

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 September 2015 - 05:10

I've always had luck just putting silicone on the metal rod itself.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: twsbi, vac700, vac 700, maintenance

Sponsored Content

|