• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• da vinci

• migo984

• 1962falcon

• _Stormin_

After 3 years of the Hobonichi, I'm going for the Cousin for the second time. I quite like that it's in Japanese, although it does have English days of the week marked. I like the extra room so I can use it as a daily writing journal. I'm expecting it to be delivered early next week.

It does mean I have unused A6 covers but as they're standard International Standard they'll fit lots of other notebooks, like my A6 Midori MD.

Verba volant, scripta manent

After 3 years of the Hobonichi, I'm going for the Cousin for the second time. I quite like that it's in Japanese, although it does have English days of the week marked. I like the extra room so I can use it as a daily writing journal. I'm expecting it to be delivered early next week.

It does mean I have unused A6 covers but as they're standard International Standard they'll fit lots of other notebooks, like my A6 Midori MD.

Migo, my understanding is that the days in the page per day section are not in English but the days in the monthly planner are. Do you know if thats right?

Thanks.

Migo, my understanding is that the days in the page per day section are not in English but the days in the monthly planner are. Do you know if thats right?

Thanks.

New for 2016 are days of the week in English in the weekly calendar and daily pages/ monthly header pages.

Shown here.

http://www.1101.com/store/techo/2016/planner/all_about/cousin/about10.html

http://www.1101.com/store/techo/2016/planner/all_about/cousin/about05.html

Edited by migo984

The English A6 arrived today. Sometime in Dec/January will order the Mar to Mar Japanese version both A5 and A6. I use all 3 right. Honesty compels me that even without speaking the language I much prefer the Japanese version.....

Edited by sarahfar

Gave the Japanese version a shot this year. It will be a while before it gets here, but my Techo for 2015 is still going just fine. :-)

Arrived today - my 2016 Hobonichi Cousin (A5 Japanese version) & cover. I've gone floral this year; I don't normally like 'pretty' but I think this Liberty print is classy and I love the contrast with the muted yellow faux leather interior.

I can confirm that the days of the week are definitely also shown in English this year, for the first time. Here are some photos, plus a comparison with the English A6 version - for those who can't make up their mind ;-) Somehow the A5 version suits the thickness of the planner better; the proportions make it seem less bulky to me (if that makes sense?!)

Not shown are my additional purchases: the packs of slim A5 notebooks (with gridded Tomoe paper) to tuck into the back of the cover, plus a variety of accessories. I'm building up quite a collection of Hobonichi 'treasures' - various covers and other bits & pieces :-)

Thanks to the OP for the heads up on the 2016 Hobo store being open. Have placed an order for both the 2016 A5 Cousin and the English A6 version; just heard they are on the way..... I keep the Cousin at home and the A6 is my every day carry planner/journal.

Falcon

While I was out doing my shopping yesterday I popped into my stationers and picked up my 2016 Hobonichi. I'm not sure if I'll get another cover this year, I think I'll probably just stick with my blue leather. I've found myself using the 2015 planner more over the course of the year, so I think I'll get more into it as time goes on.

• 11 months later...

Is the Tomoe River paper white or cream? I haven't been able to find this information out anywhere, and to me it makes a difference.