I Know, I Am Not Romantic: I Use Gloves

UncleEnrico

Gloves? Raincoat? HASMAT suit? I don't use any of those. I can't remember the last time I had ink on my fingers. Maybe when I tried to fill my pen on a roller coaster.

Can a calculator understand a cash register?

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paddler

• haruka337

• aeba

• Dragonmaster Lou

This is an awesome idea! Although... I'm kinda proud of my inky mess hands XD But I can see the benefits of using gloves for that last minute 'forgot to ink up a pen and I shoulda been out the door five minutes ago' rush!

There is an easy solution to this problem: Gojo (pumice soap). If it can strip grease from your hands, it should strip ink away just as well

Don't mind me, I like to ramble... A LOT

Two years ago, Mom was in the hospital. We were told that she would be there through the weekend. Late Friday, we got a call that she was ready for discharge. Three brothers descended on the hospital with a couple of black trash bags, and "packed" her things. We took everything, including partial sodas, clean and dirty clothes, all the toiletries, etc. Everything but the bed linen.

When we got home, I sorted clothes for the laundry, and put away food and beverages. I found two cans of disinfectant wipes and two boxes of gloves. Been using them ever since. Like it.

Auf freiem Grund mit freiem Volke stehn.
Zum Augenblicke dürft ich sagen:
Verweile doch, du bist so schön !

I think when doing maintenance or repair work on pens gloves would be good idea, but when filling the pens I don't think it's necessary, I rarely get ink on my hands when filling my pens anyways.

Best regards.

Recite, and your Lord is the most Generous  Who taught by the pen

Taught man that which he knew not (96/3-5)

Snailmail3.png Snail Mail 

I don't mind the inky fingers....I will confess to loving the smell of Noodlers inks..and once, well maybe twice I've smell the bottle a little to enthusiastically and ended up with ink on the tip of my nose.

So does my proctologist

Would it be better if he / she didn't? :huh:

(This is the second time in a few days when I read something about... "behinds" on this site. I'll have to ponder about meaning of that while I go shopping for a bag of crisps.)

You do not have a right to post. You do not have a right to a lawyer. Do you understands these rights you do not have?

Kaweco Supra (titanium B), Al-Sport (steel BB).

Parker: Sonnet (dimonite); Frontier GT; 51 (gray); Vacumatic (amber).

Pelikan: m600 (BB); Rotring ArtPen (1,9mm); Rotring Rive; Cult Pens Mini (the original silver version), Waterman Carene (ultramarine F)

Since I started using dip pens more I find I get more ink on my fingers, especially if I have to dip into a narrow-mouthed bottle like when I was trying out my new bottle of Emerald Chivor last night. Those bottles are NOT meant for dip pens. And that green is VERY staining on the hands. But I love it on the paper.

I don't mind inky fingers as long as it's not so extensive that I look as clumsy as I can be. I wash my hands enough that in a day or so pretty much everything disappears except for around and under my nails.

It's a "look." :)

“When the historians of education do equal and exact justice to all who have contributed toward educational progress, they will devote several pages to those revolutionists who invented steel pens and blackboards.” V.T. Thayer, 1928

Check out my Steel Pen Blog

"No one is exempt from talking nonsense; the mistake is to do it solemnly."

-Montaigne

Gloves? Bah.

Chemical ink removers? Bah.

The only time I really ever care about having ink on my hands is when I have to dress to impress or if I'm going into an unusually formal occasion. Then I use a loofah (spelling is probably wrong there, I'm using phonetic spelling) and normal soap- usually either liquid hand soap or Ivory. Works a treat and the only waste is soap scum, which is biodegradable and I would have produced anyway with washing my hands or taking a shower. Plus it's not hard on the hands like chemicals are.

If gloves and chemicals work for you, have at it. There's no reason why we can't agree to disagree :)

Here to help when I know, learn when I don't, and pass on the information to anyone I can :)

Gloves? Raincoat? HASMAT suit? I don't use any of those. I can't remember the last time I had ink on my fingers. Maybe when I tried to fill my pen on a roller coaster.

Hi,

When doing a chemical clean-up of pens I use eye protection and gloves.

When conjuring a blend: https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/186243-supplies-for-mixing-inks/?p=1879848

:rolleyes:

Bye

S1

The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.

You wear gloves to fill a pen?

Do you want to borrow my five year old daughters craft smock? It has a panda on it and everything.

• 1 month later...

There are those finger only "gloves". They are good for the environment because there's less to throw away. I am considering buying a pair of work gloves for ink changing too. The problem is those rubber gloves are often too loose and they "melt" and stick to itself after a while, which could end up more costly.

I have to agree with Ernst here. Unless the fountain pen is broken or you are doing a restoration, there is no reason for you hands to get inky from filling it.