The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Franklin-Christoph Pocket 40 On Massdrop

franklin-christoph pocket

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 PaperQueen

PaperQueen

Hand over the chocolate and no one gets hurt

• Member - Silver

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 280 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 31 August 2015 - 18:36

I've been following this for a while, and see Massdrop just added a second color option for the Franklin-Christoph Pocket 40:

https://www.massdrop.com/r/8DRCZ3

Having never owned an F-C, is this a good pen? Good track record? I'm tempted by the Ice with violet, but having just ordered an Edison (yippee!), it's tough to justify yet another pen unless it's a really great opportunity.

(Mods: If posting the link violates any rules, please feel free to remove it.)

Why are there fourteen samples of dark plum ink on my desk? Because I still haven't found the right shade.

Is that a problem...???  : : : sigh : : : 

Update: Great. Finally found one I love (Lamy Dark Lilac) but I can't get more. Ah, life in my inky world....

Sponsored Content

#2 ian1964

ian1964

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 705 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 September 2015 - 00:48

Not that I need another pen!  But, I like the italic nib choice on offer with this pen, so I'm in  :D

#3 PaperQueen

PaperQueen

Hand over the chocolate and no one gets hurt

• Member - Silver

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 280 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 September 2015 - 01:26

Not that I need another pen!  But, I like the italic nib choice on offer with this pen, so I'm in  :D

Same nib I'm looking at. (We're in the same "need another pen" boat...sigh....)   :wallbash:

Why are there fourteen samples of dark plum ink on my desk? Because I still haven't found the right shade.

Is that a problem...???  : : : sigh : : : 

Update: Great. Finally found one I love (Lamy Dark Lilac) but I can't get more. Ah, life in my inky world....

#4 dms525

dms525

Antique

• FPN Supporter - Platinum

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,388 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 September 2015 - 04:58

Yes. It's a "good pen." It is meant to be a pocket pen. I had a clip put on mine but still do mostly use it as a pocket pen. In my opinion, it is best used as an eyedropper filled pen, and it pretty much has to be used posted. Mine has a Masuyama-ground "broad" (really pretty fine) steel nib. It's a nice writer. If I didn't also have a couple Stipula Passaportos and a cupful of Kaweco Sports, I would grab another Model 40P in an instant.

David

#5 Jamerelbe

Jamerelbe

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,789 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 September 2015 - 05:25

Yes. It's a "good pen." It is meant to be a pocket pen. I had a clip put on mine but still do mostly use it as a pocket pen. In my opinion, it is best used as an eyedropper filled pen, and it pretty much has to be used posted. Mine has a Masuyama-ground "broad" (really pretty fine) steel nib. It's a nice writer. If I didn't also have a couple Stipula Passaportos and a cupful of Kaweco Sports, I would grab another Model 40P in an instant.

David

Thanks for this David, you've encapsulated my uncertainty over this pen: I've just received two Massdrop Passaportos (one of which I'm putting into storage for now; the other is inked up and running!), and I own four Kaweco Sports.  I'd love to add a Franklin Christoph pen to my collection, and this is a great price... but maybe another pocket pen would be overkill?  I've got another 13 days or so to make up my mind, I guess - but I'm starting to lean towards 'maybe not'.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: franklin-christoph, pocket

Sponsored Content

|