The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Handmade Fp Friendly Journal

journal handmade hardback binding coptic color paper fountainpen friendly

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 greensparcs

greensparcs

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 August 2015 - 08:01

Well me and the girl friend just finished up for the night on our handmade hardback journal. It utilizes coptic binding so that no matter what page you are writing on it lays flat, which has always bugged me about most journals and books I have purchased in the past. I have had a blast making this and look forward to making many more! *thanks to the tutorial in the DYI section!*

So with out further adieu,

The book block with 12 signatures and caramel colored flyleafs coming out to 192 pages
RWYsEShh.jpg

Here is the cover getting worked on
Ffwjarwh.jpg

The front cover
fCTy6LGh.jpg

The back cover

fkjtBXFh.jpg

Finally, the book open with matching bookmark ribbon
2QmpE15h.jpg

Still have to finish the spine up with black leather and black leather corners, then attach the book block to the cover and all done. For one night I think its looking pretty good!

Edited by greensparcs, 30 August 2015 - 15:27.

Sponsored Content

#2 fountainpagan

fountainpagan

Poetry soothes and emboldens the soul to accept mystery

• FPN Supporter - Platinum

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,089 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 August 2015 - 08:06

Very beautiful, and fast work.

Congratulations.

Are your going to continue to do others? Do you do it just for you?

WomenWagePeace

SUPORTER OF uh2SgO.jpg

My avatar is a painting by the imense surrealist painter Remedios Varo

#3 greensparcs

greensparcs

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 August 2015 - 08:15

No the goal is to make them and sell them if there are people that want them. Have not worked any pricing out yet as this was a prototype of sorts and to see if anyone was interested.

#4 nosygrammarian

nosygrammarian

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 September 2015 - 17:50

My first thought was, "Ooh. Pretty."

I'd buy one, though I probably can't afford one right now.

If anyone has a spare Hero 812 in white that they're willing to part with, please PM me. I'm trying to find one for my collection.

"He thought the pen was mightier than the sword... Until he went to war and met a soldier with a sword."

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: journal, handmade, hardback, binding, coptic, color, paper, fountainpen friendly

Sponsored Content

|