Any Pelikans That You Wish Were Available In A Different Size?

Lam1

I'm having a lazy afternoon and thought of asking this just for fun :) .

So, are there any Pelikans that are/were made in one model/size and that you wish they were available in a different size/model? For me there are two that, should they exist, I would absolutely "need" to have

- M800 White Tortoise: I've read in some thread (I can't remember which one) a member mentioning a similar wish and since then it stuck with me. M800s are a very nice size for me and the white tortoise is, in my opinion, one of the most beautiful finishes in the Pelikan line.

- M1005 Anthracite Stresseman: At first I wasn't so enthusiastic about the M805 in this finish, but my wife convinced me to acquire it and I love it. It is a very understated and classic beauty and I think it would go very well in the M100x range.

What are the ones you wish?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lam1

• jmccarty3

• Nelson Sousa

• Runnin_Ute

M1000 Brown Tortoise

Pelikan 140 EF | Pelikan 140 OBB | Pelikan M205 0.4mm stub | Pilot Custom Heritage 912 PO | Pilot Metropolitan M | TWSBI 580 EF | Waterman 52 1/2v

A red stripe M1000. 400, 600 and 800 series nibs that are as soft as the 1000 nibs.

"In times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act."

~ George Orwell

I think the biggest lament I see is the fact that some of the M800 finishes never get translated to the M600 line. I personally get along with pens all along the range so I'm not quite as bothered by a finish not being offered in a certain size. A lot of people wanted an anthracite M600.

PELIKAN - Too many birds in the flock to count. My pen chest has proven to be a most fertile breeding ground.

fpn_1508261203__fpn_logo_300x150.jpg

THE PELIKAN'S PERCH - A growing reference site for all things Pelikan

I think the biggest lament I see is the fact that some of the M800 finishes never get translated to the M600 line. I personally get along with pens all along the range so I'm not quite as bothered by a finish not being offered in a certain size. A lot of people wanted an anthracite M600.

I also get along with all the Pelikan range, from M200 to M1000 they all feel very comfortable for me and I never post any of them (I guess we are lucky: we can have all of them :) ). I do, however, have a preference for the M800 size and weight, so that's why I would love a M800 white tortoise (that and the fact that I missed the M600, and in the rare occasions they show up the asking price is more than for a new M1000 :( ).

As for the desire for a M1005 anthracite, I can't really be objective on why. I guess I want a M1005 and that one is very beautiful, so it fits the bill :).

Edited by Lam1

- M800 White Tortoise:

- M1005 Anthracite Stresseman:

My sentiments exactly. I would buy both of these.

My sentiments exactly. I would buy both of these.

I have a feeling that we wouldn't be the only ones ;)

Perhaps we will get lucky and see at least the M1005 some day...

I'd echo the M1005 Anthracite combo. A M1000 has been on my wishlist for a while but none of the available finishes wow me.

In dream terms... An M800 in the translucent orange material that was used on the M320's would drive me to an instant purchase, although I'd have to locate a 14C nib for it and have it modified for additional spring/flex for the ultimate dream machine. The upcoming Burnt Orange is nice but for my own personal preference I'd have prefered it in striped orange rather than solid, something about the lack of anyway to see the remaining ink level bugs me.

"...using a fountain pen should feel like riding a unicorn through a field of cupcakes during a rainstorm of scotch while eating bacon" - Dan Smith

"Never trust a man who, when left alone in a room with a tea cosy, doesn't try it on" - Billy Connolly

I dont own a M1000 but I wish, it was available in all the variants of the 800/805 including Stresemann.

I guess I'll stick my neck out and say that I'd like to see some of these finishes in the M400 size. In particular, the burnt orange and the Stresseman.

Jeff

I would love to own:-

1. M800 brown tortoise in red cap & knob;

2. M800 brown tortoise in both cap & barrel; and

3. M800 creme or grey lizard (same colour of 1930-40s era & not the M101N!) in both cap & barrel.

I have the M805 Stresemann and I love it,

But would love to have one in M605 or M405

Julio MX

Edited by JulioPB

I'll certainly go along with an M1005 Stresemann, and I would dearly love to see M800 nibs that are springy like the M1000s.

What I would drool over would be an M800 in the Grand Place finish.

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

I would like to see a M600 Brown Tortoise*. I have the M400 in Brown, and love it. Now, if it were just a little longer...

I can't do the M600 White Tortoise cause I'll go mad seeing ink on the white parts - OCD acting up.

And I'll like more transparency in that Tortoise. This M400 of mine doesn't show the ink level all that well - definitely not as clearly as a White Tortoise.

*In today's size. There was a pre 1997 M600 Brown Tortoise released for the Japanese market that was the same length as a M400.

~Epic

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1348/557449480_2f02cc3cbb_m.jpg http://null.aleturo.com/Dumatborlon/Badges/5EH4/letter.png

A sincere man am I
From the land where palm trees grow,
And I want before I die
My soul's verses to bestow.

All those moments will be lost in time.
Like tears in rain.
Time to die.

Now, if it were just a little longer...

A universal sentiment. B)

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

I'd go opposite to what some people here have posted. *I'd* love to have a Stresseman in an M400 (the grey stripe binde is just really classy and elegant).

Also, a red tortoise in a 400 size. And, well, affordable.... :angry:

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Raden Sunlight in either M800 (I know this was done as the Kyokko some time back, but I missed it) or M600 size.

Those would certainly be stunning, but I fear way out of my league.

I'd echo the M1005 Anthracite combo. A M1000 has been on my wishlist for a while but none of the available finishes wow me.

In dream terms... An M800 in the translucent orange material that was used on the M320's would drive me to an instant purchase, although I'd have to locate a 14C nib for it and have it modified for additional spring/flex for the ultimate dream machine. The upcoming Burnt Orange is nice but for my own personal preference I'd have prefered it in striped orange rather than solid, something about the lack of anyway to see the remaining ink level bugs me.

The translucent orange would be great. I do like the Burnt Orange and probably will pick it up at some point, but I agree that the lack of ink window is not ideal.

I dont own a M1000 but I wish, it was available in all the variants of the 800/805 including Stresemann.

Yeah, I also would like to see more color options in the M1000 size. Edited by Lam1