The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Unknown Vintage Omas Fountain Pen

omas vintage celluloid

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Murky

Murky

Ink-ready-ble

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 596 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 28 August 2015 - 11:51

I've purchased this pen a while ago from a local flea shop; does anyone know what model this could be, and from what time period? And also, is there any way to disassemble the piston on these pens?

Thanks!

0ZIe8Jj.jpg

wuR2yGM.jpg

aHOjS7P.jpg

"The truth may be puzzling. It may take some work to grapple with. It may be counterintuitive. It may contradict deeply held prejudices. It may not be consonant with what we desperately want to be true. But our preferences do not determine what's true..." (Carl Sagan)

Sponsored Content

#2 roberto v

roberto v

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 382 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 28 August 2015 - 12:05

It's a 55x f model, produced in the 50ies/60ies.

It came in 3 sizes: 555, 556 and 557 being the bigger.

To restore it, you have to remove the pin that goes through the turning knob, unscrew the TK in way to have access to the piston rod, which you have to pull out from the rear. Lathe a new cork, install it and reassemble the pen. Allineating the holes in the rod with those in the turning know will allow you to test you patience in the highest level...

#3 Murky

Murky

Ink-ready-ble

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 596 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 28 August 2015 - 12:32

Thank you for the answer Roberto; I have searched a bit further and found this thread: http://www.fountainp...-extra-faceted/

Is the section on my pen threaded to the barrel as well? I would very much prefer removing the piston rod just like Hari did.

Cheers!

"The truth may be puzzling. It may take some work to grapple with. It may be counterintuitive. It may contradict deeply held prejudices. It may not be consonant with what we desperately want to be true. But our preferences do not determine what's true..." (Carl Sagan)

#4 roberto v

roberto v

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 382 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 28 August 2015 - 13:35

Never opened one from the front so I can't say.

If it is, surely you will need heat to soften the resin Omas used in all pena to avoid leakings

#5 Murky

Murky

Ink-ready-ble

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 596 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 28 August 2015 - 13:42

Yeah, I thought I might need to do so...fortunately I'm getting a hang of it, shouldn't have any issues. Thanks!

#6 mhphoto

mhphoto

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,932 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 November 2015 - 05:01

Beautiful pen! Wish something that good would show up in our antique shops!

fpn_1451747045__img_1999-2.jpg

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: omas, vintage, celluloid

Sponsored Content

|