The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

New Ink Review Diamine Shimmertastic Night Sky

diamine inks shimmer inks shimmertastic inks black ink night sky

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Chrissy

Chrissy

Ancient Artifact

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,179 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 28 August 2015 - 06:27

Following on from my thread announcing the launch of Diamine Shimmertastic inks I am happy to post my reviews of them.

This one is Night Sky.  This ink is black with a great silver sheen

My reviews show you my experiences with these inks in several of my pens. I’ve experimented by having these inks in my pens for weeks, and have intermittently written with them to see how they start, and how they write. I must say I’m pleasantly surprised. I’ve experienced no feathering with any of them, and they have all behaved really well for me.

Diamine recommend that you gently agitate the bottle to mix the particles through the ink before filling your pen. They also recommend that you gently agitate your pen to mix the particles with the ink in your pen when starting a new writing session.

I recommend good FP maintenance when using ink that contains particles. I suggest you clean your pens out a little more frequently than you might do with normal ink.

These inks will come in 50ml glass bottles, and they have either gold or silver particles in them.

fpn_1440743013__diamine_night_sky1.jpegfpn_1440743032__diamine_night_sky2.jpgfpn_1440743053__diamine_night_sky3.jpgfpn_1440743069__diamine_night_sky4.jpgfpn_1440743085__diamine_night_sky5.jpg

flying-letter-exc.png

Sponsored Content

#2 MalcolmH

MalcolmH

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,875 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 28 August 2015 - 07:26

Hi Chrissy, thanks for the review.

Is the Night Sky ink more of a dark grey than a black?

#3 Portia of Belmont

Portia of Belmont

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 28 August 2015 - 14:00

This one doesn't grab me so much. I love J. Herbin Stormy Grey because I think the gold is a nice contrast. This silver looks a little flat to me.

#4 saskia_madding

saskia_madding

Donor Pen

• FPN Super Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,316 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 28 August 2015 - 14:41

I, on the other hand, LOVE the silver.  I don't generally like gray/black inks, but with silver shimmer?  sign me up!

#5 Lgsoltek

Lgsoltek

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,466 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 28 August 2015 - 15:14

I, on the other hand, LOVE the silver.  I don't generally like gray/black inks, but with silver shimmer?  sign me up!

Me too!

#6 perfaddict

perfaddict

Collectors Item

• FPN Supporter - Rhodium

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 860 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 28 August 2015 - 16:05

Nice pioneering review. I actually prefer the silver sheen to gold.

I hope Diamine will be very successful with this line.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: diamine inks, shimmer inks, shimmertastic inks, black ink, night sky

Sponsored Content

|