Any Pen Shops In Verona, Milano And Roma

royyc

Hi All,

I live in Thailand and just started interested in fountain pen. I have been collecting fountain pen but mostly from Japan. I will have a trip to Italy in October starting from Verona, Milano and few days in Roma.

The only pen I know from Italy is Omas but I am sure there are other brands worth looking while I am there.

Can someone guide me to the pen shops in those city please? Appreciate all the help.

Regards,

Royy

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beechwood

• royyc

• philipLondon

• EricaTX

Verona is one of the most beautiful cities in Europe and with superb Roman buildings, I would really doubt that you will find pen shops so I would just enjoy the many sights, perhaps prepare a letter to Juliet Capulet. You will find that many Japanese tourists will write on the walls of Juliet's House, try and see the movie before you go

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xz43rtBUVA0

I travel to Italy a fair amount and can recommend these shops:

Ercolessi in Milan (good selection of Italian / European pens)

Novelli in Rome (great selection and very helpful)

In Verona there is a small pen shop on Via Mazzini (the pedestrian street linking Piazza Erbe and the Arena) but it does not have the wide selection that the other shops have in Milan & Rome.

Hope that helps and enjoy!

In Milano I suggest to visit also La Stilografica in addition to Ercolessi. Both are nice shops.

In Roma I bought something from Stilo & Stile, but online, and I never visited the shop.

In case you will visit Bologna, also a very nice city, you can visit Vecchietti.

Manella in Verona has two shops: Vicolo Samaritana 1/A and Via Mazzini 5/A. They have quite a lot, and they are nice and knowledgable. I bought a wonderful Delta Journal when I came by.

Italian Brands are very good: OMAS you already know. You should also look for Delta, Visconti and Aurora. All of them make wonderful pens.

Another visit would be Lazzaroni in Brescia. He has quite a lot of OMAS, but also the other brands. (Brescia is between Verona and Milano) He knows very much and is able to fit a pen for you. I had a nice discussion about nibs in this store.

Hope that helps. Enjoy your stay in this wonderful area of Europe.

Edited by drjokl

I have been to the shop in Via Mazzini 5/A (Nov. 2014). Has a selection of fountain pens, including pelikan, omas, delta, aurora and other brands. some inks too. Well stocked place. Prices are not the lowest. There are other stores too that had many Italian fountain pens. But nothing you cannot find online at a better price if I recall.

Verona is one of the most beautiful areas of Italy and of Europe. I enjoyed every single moment of the 9 days I spent with my wife there last year. If you like Opera, definately have a look at the performances in the Arena and the Teatro Philarmonico (we were there for La Boheme). The experience is really worth it. Furthermore if you are mobile (car) and you like wine, you can drive to the Valpolicella wine region which is nearby. Local wineries have stores in the factory where you can pick up very good wines at much lower prices than what you would find in central Verona. And again dont miss Lake Garda, if you can, drive the road that circumvents the whole lake. Limone is a highlight on that route, though as the winter comes it can be pretty empty. Would visit the region again with no hesitation if given the chance. Also.. Venice is about 2 hours by train. If you have time and you have never been to Venice... you can jump on the train which will take you directly to Venezia Santa Lucia. We did that to refresh our memories from a previous trip to Venice.

Edited by fplover01

I'd recommend Stilo Fetti in Rome (www.stilofetti.it), which is very close to the Pantheon (must see) and Tazza d'Oro (must try espresso and/or granita di caffè). They are really helpful an knowledgable, I even like them better than Novelli.

In any case, enjoy your trip and try to soak some of the italian dolce vita.

I wasn't into fountain pens the last time I went to Verona or Rome, but I love good paper. I can tell you that there is a wonderful little journal shop in Rome, in Piazza Novona. It's in a corner. If you stand with the Fountain of Four Rivers (fountain/statue) on your right and the church on your left, walk forward. It'll be in the left hand corner.

On a different note, Verona is one of my favorite cities. So much better than Rome.