The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Diamine Shimmer Set - Sparkling Shadows

diamine ink grey ink grey and gold ink

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Bhavna

Bhavna

Inkredibles!

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,205 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 August 2015 - 22:05

fpn_1440712853__diamine_sparkling_shadow

Glittering in the sun:

fpn_1440712976__diamine_sparkling_shadow

fpn_1440713038__diamine_sparkling_shadow

fpn_1440710880__diamine_shimmer_set_swat

If there is righteousness in the heart, There will be beauty in character. If there is beauty in character, There will be harmony in the home. When there is harmony in the home, There will be order in the nation. When there is order in the nation, There will be peace in the world. Bhagawan Shri Satya Sai Baba

Sponsored Content

#2 inkstainedruth

inkstainedruth

Ancient Artifact

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,538 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 28 August 2015 - 00:43

Thanks for the review.

Not sure what to make of this one.  It seems awfully close to the Herbin Stormy Grey, which is a pretty dark grey for the underlying ink.

So far, the count is one "yes" (Blue Lighning), one "no" (Magical Forest) and one "maybe" (Sparkling Shadows)....

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

#3 visvamitra

visvamitra

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,224 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 28 August 2015 - 05:28

Maybe. Just maybe.

#4 Lgsoltek

Lgsoltek

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• 3,304 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 28 August 2015 - 07:01

This one doesn't look too different from Gris orage. Why don't they put silver particles in this one?

#5 migo984

migo984

Bihemispherical Global Nomad

• Member - Gold

• 3,300 posts

Posted 28 August 2015 - 07:35

I'm sure there will be endless reviews of these inks popping up just about everywhere, but as you've been involved with trialling these inks for the last year I consider your reviews as the definitive ones.

Verba volant, scripta manent

#6 Bhavna

Bhavna

Inkredibles!

• Member - Gold

• 1,205 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 28 August 2015 - 07:50

Thanks for the review.

Not sure what to make of this one.  It seems awfully close to the Herbin Stormy Grey, which is a pretty dark grey for the underlying ink.

So far, the count is one "yes" (Blue Lighning), one "no" (Magical Forest) and one "maybe" (Sparkling Shadows)....

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

Hi Ruth,

I found Sparkling Shadows to be lighter than Stormy Grey and as such produced incredible shading that I just loved, esp being outside during reviewing.  :wub:  Hope that helps.

If there is righteousness in the heart, There will be beauty in character. If there is beauty in character, There will be harmony in the home. When there is harmony in the home, There will be order in the nation. When there is order in the nation, There will be peace in the world. Bhagawan Shri Satya Sai Baba

#7 Bhavna

Bhavna

Inkredibles!

• Member - Gold

• 1,205 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 28 August 2015 - 07:52

This one doesn't look too different from Gris orage. Why don't they put silver particles in this one?

Hi, I believe that was one of the test combinations that didn't make the grade, so to speak. There wasn't much contrast and the ink (IMHO) looked washed out. Out of the two, I really feel this one has so much more character and usability.

#8 Bhavna

Bhavna

Inkredibles!

• Member - Gold

• 1,205 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 28 August 2015 - 07:54

I'm sure there will be endless reviews of these inks popping up just about everywhere, but as you've been involved with trialling these inks for the last year I consider your reviews as the definitive ones.

Thank you for that honour. I love (trialling) inks and it is a great responsibility to be trusted with someone's 'precious baby' so to speak, so it really feels wonderful to be a part of something this special. 

#9 Pira

Pira

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 19 October 2015 - 11:01

Thank-you for a nice review :)

While it reminds me of  Stormy grey it's not exactly the same (note to sell to do a side by each comparison)....and I was surprised at how nice it actually is.  Pointless to share an entire tree image since I can't capture the shimmer, so here is a close up that does. 

21661925033_2783ba2b48_b.jpgDiamine ~ Sparkling Shadows by Pira Urosevic, on Flickr

#10 PAKMAN

PAKMAN

Say that again, I have a pen here somewhere...

• FPN Super Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,076 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 October 2015 - 15:57

Stink, now I'm going to have to get these!

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif             fpn_1321906507__vanness_sign.jpg 

My Favorite Pen Restorer                            My favorite Brick and Mortar              

now selling online!

#11 FayeV

FayeV

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 638 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 October 2015 - 16:30

Very nice! I'll need to add a few of these two my collection.

Everyone should be respected as an individual, but no one idolized. -- Albert Einstein

#12 Bo Bo Olson

Bo Bo Olson

Ancient Artifact

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,300 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 19:51

Perhaps because of Herbin Stormy Gray?

Wisdom of the Founders, and their check and balances system is more a wonder than I thought. 

Due to Mauricio's improved definition of Super-flex, I try not use the term Easy Full Flex, but fail...sigh.

Semi-flex is an “almost” flex; not a ‘flex’ nib. It is great for regular writing with a touch of flair. It can give you some fancy; but it is not made for real fancy writing. For bit more of that get a maxi-semi-flex. Both spread tines 3X.  Those are not "Flex" nibs. 

Wider than Normal does not exist. Wider than Japanese does. Every company has it's very own standard + slop/tolerance. Developed from the users of it's pens and inks only; not the users or inks of other companies pens. The size you grind a nib to, is your standard only. Paper and ink matter to nib width. Thank god for 1/2 sizes or it would be boring.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: diamine ink, grey ink, grey and gold ink

Sponsored Content

|