Bhavna

fpn_1440711343__diamine_shimmering_seas_

Ooh la la

fpn_1440711390__diamine_shimmering_seas_

In natural sunlight

fpn_1440711445__diamine_shimmering_seas_

fpn_1440711501__diamine_shimmering_seas_

fpn_1440710880__diamine_shimmer_set_swat

If there is righteousness in the heart, There will be beauty in character. If there is beauty in character, There will be harmony in the home. When there is harmony in the home, There will be order in the nation. When there is order in the nation, There will be peace in the world. Bhagawan Shri Satya Sai Baba

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bhavna

• Bo Bo Olson

• inkstainedruth

• Newjelan

Thanks for the review.

This one I'd want to see a side-by-side with the reformulated Herbin Bleu Ocean, to see how the underlying colors compare.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

This one is brilliant. I think it will be perfect in my Pilot VP which is blue with the gold trim and nib.

Thanks for the review.

This one I'd want to see a side-by-side with the reformulated Herbin Bleu Ocean, to see how the underlying colors compare.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

You are welcome. You know, Bleu Ocean never captured me, so unfortunately I can't offer a side by side for you. The underlying blue here is on it's way to blue-black which is lovely and shades!

If there is righteousness in the heart, There will be beauty in character. If there is beauty in character, There will be harmony in the home. When there is harmony in the home, There will be order in the nation. When there is order in the nation, There will be peace in the world. Bhagawan Shri Satya Sai Baba

This one is brilliant.

I agree, it is special indeed, especially because of the gold!

I really like the underlying blue of this ink. The gold shimmer just makes it better!

Your script in the heading of your review is lovely!

Edited by Portia of Belmont

I really like the underlying blue of this ink. The gold shimmer just makes it better!

Your script in the heading of your review is lovely!

I couldn't agree more Portia. Thank you for your kind comments re my handwriting. I SO want to learn Spencerian Script - it is on my to do list.

• 2 years later...

Of the three reviews I decided to put it here in I see it as some shading.....but my glitter is not so brilliant as shown....even if I shook the bottle. It is there and in some places if the paper is tilted, lots.

I bought the ink and some what I hoped to be great paper...that was only good. So I've posted this in paper....and one needs good paper for the ink to dance on.

Shimmering Seas is in the latter part of the post.

There was no write up on this paper, and search showed only one or two mentions of someone going to get some. I'm not going to make this a review.

If you have some of this paper, your thoughts would be appreciated.

I still haven't gotten Clairefontaine Triumph, in my B&M don't carry it, but could be ordered. I'm forgetful often....or foolish to be there just for ink. :wallbash:

They had a half ream; 250 sheets of 120g Clairalfa :happyberet: then when tested..... :( A mix between good, and not quite.

I keep making the mistake of buying laser & ink jet paper. :doh: There has to be a compromise for that, in Ink Jet needs faster absorption; which is bad for fountain pens. :gaah:

The paper has some structure, is not slick. Not bad to write on.....could be used in a printer if needed, at least some of it until I get some 80g. It is adequate and nothing more for fountain pens....as OCD as I am. That's a bit too tough........just have to find out which inks dance on it. Some do!

Grumble...was hoping for a bit more, in normally with good to better paper Pelikan 4001 green has a clear line.

I'm very much against woolly lines and or feathering. This paper gives woolly lines, with some inks. I have my own grading system.

BEF- Bare Eyed Feathering/Woolly line, while sitting....stick in the copier ASAP.

NEF- Held Near Eyes Feathering/Woolly line. If feathering, printer. Depending on the grade of woolly line with different inks.....could be used if one don't go AR OCD and stare at it too long.

After that I use a Honking Big Magnifying Glass with 1.6 inch thick or 2.7cm glass.....and no, using a 10X loupe don't work, in all inks and papers will show a woolly line with a 10 X loupe.

Mag F......shows Feathering or Woolly line under Honking Big Magnifying Glass.....a good ink, or good ink and paper match. Worth buying again!

No Mag F.......no Feathering or Woolly line......buy that ink again, buy the ink on the black market, smuggle it in your self. Buy that paper also....a ream at least.

So, with a superflex 52 using Lamy Turquoise. No Mag F. :thumbup:

L'Artison Brown Ours....an Ink I have only as a sample for my new Marble Brown Pelikan EF. Again, No Mag F.

Kaweco semi-flex oblique KM, with the discontinued Pelikan Brilliant 4001 Green. Slight woolly line NEF.......some Mag F woolly line.....not bad, not perfect.

Could be I was using a bit too much pen....a 1.0 stub 605 by Fountainble.....perhaps a M might have shown more shading. M's and F's are often good shading nibs in regular flex.

And I'd not normally buy Diamine/Akkermann, because I find them, Diamine a bit more than Akkermann, a bit too featherly or woolly lined....but had been looking for shading in a glitter ink.

Shimmering Seas. some NEF not as much as I expect from the 5-6 Diamine inks I've tried....not much shading. :( It was listed as great shading once, 2 X some shading....they were right. :(

On my best paper, Gmund 'Blanc Beige' creme 170g, with Diamine Shimmering Seas I had to look hard for traces of NEF, and under the glass, Mag F was slight :thumbup: .....paper makes such a difference. Medium shading; a couple words per sentence to half the words, depending on the words. Better glitter on the better paper.

My B&M was down to only five Diamine glitter inks and Shimmering Seas was the best shading ink they had (The Red Luster is listed as great shading ink....would have to get cartridges in red is bad for piston pens with ink windows).....next time if they have it, I'll get the silver Tropical Glow, which is listed as a good shading ink.

In reference to P. T. Barnum; to advise for free is foolish, ........busybodies are ill liked by both factions.

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.

• 6 years later...

Years later another post reminded me I had four Diamine glitter inks. ....the blue ink is dark and dull, with no shading...and I hoped being dark the gold flakes would show up more.. On good paper, it is a tilt to catch the light  ink.. It will be given away.

I tested lively Tropical Glow also, and it too is a tilt to see the silver, but he ink is more lively and shades. Will be kept.

In reference to P. T. Barnum; to advise for free is foolish, ........busybodies are ill liked by both factions.

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.