The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Diamine Shimmer Set - Blue Lightning

diamine shimmer blue lightning

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#21 ethernautrix

ethernautrix

Be the Pen Posse you want to see in the world.

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,846 posts

Posted 08 September 2015 - 18:32

I need to check that forum out at some point! Blue Pearl is pretty special if you like deep, rich blues. I like Rouge Haematite, but I got the bottleS with no glitter! So I am very annoyed. 

Ouch. The glitter is the whole point of these inks! Perhaps you could send the bottles back for a refund (or maybe it's been too long).

Someone else, jbb, over at fpgeeks posted that she add mica powder to ink after seeing a bunch of these inks. So far, so good. Maybe you could add some mica and use the ink in a Preppy. This is what I'm considering doing with a couple of my inks (e.g., Noodler's Manhattan Blue and Old Manhattan Black).

etherX in To Miasto

Fleekair <--French accent.

Sponsored Content

#22 saskia_madding

saskia_madding

Donor Pen

• FPN Super Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,336 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 September 2015 - 20:46

There's a whole topic about doing just that over in the inky recipes forum.  It's fascinating, and i'm just starting experimenting now.  It's fun!  My P51 didn't love it, but I have a Pelikan Silvexa that is weathering the glitter storm very nicely so far.  :)

#23 Mishka5050

Mishka5050

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 499 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 September 2015 - 05:58

Ohhh this one is an absolute must.
Great pics too! Thank you :)

#24 Bhavna

Bhavna

Inkredibles!

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,404 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 September 2015 - 18:32

Ouch. The glitter is the whole point of these inks! Perhaps you could send the bottles back for a refund (or maybe it's been too long).

Someone else, jbb, over at fpgeeks posted that she add mica powder to ink after seeing a bunch of these inks. So far, so good. Maybe you could add some mica and use the ink in a Preppy. This is what I'm considering doing with a couple of my inks (e.g., Noodler's Manhattan Blue and Old Manhattan Black).

I really appreciate the possible fix - you are right it has been too long, I ordered it due to the hype and I was a newbie in the inky depths. 

If there is righteousness in the heart, There will be beauty in character. If there is beauty in character, There will be harmony in the home. When there is harmony in the home, There will be order in the nation. When there is order in the nation, There will be peace in the world. Bhagawan Shri Satya Sai Baba

#25 Bhavna

Bhavna

Inkredibles!

• Member - Gold

• 1,404 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 September 2015 - 18:33

There's a whole topic about doing just that over in the inky recipes forum.  It's fascinating, and i'm just starting experimenting now.  It's fun!  My P51 didn't love it, but I have a Pelikan Silvexa that is weathering the glitter storm very nicely so far.   :)

That sounds really encouraging, please share a picture. 

If there is righteousness in the heart, There will be beauty in character. If there is beauty in character, There will be harmony in the home. When there is harmony in the home, There will be order in the nation. When there is order in the nation, There will be peace in the world. Bhagawan Shri Satya Sai Baba

#26 Bhavna

Bhavna

Inkredibles!

• Member - Gold

• 1,404 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 September 2015 - 18:34

Ohhh this one is an absolute must.
Great pics too! Thank you :)

Hi Mishka,

Thank you for your kind words, I am glad you liked the images!

#27 nyx_h

nyx_h

Rhodium Trimmed

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 September 2015 - 19:02

I definitely am feeling this ink, and I love it more so without the shimmer! Would anyone be able to help me match the closest Diamine ink to the colour of Blue Lightning sans shimmer - I was thinking maybe Turquoise or Aqua Blue? 

Never pick a fight with people who buy ink by the barrel. 

Mark Twain

----------------

Pen and Inkstagram!

#28 Bhavna

Bhavna

Inkredibles!

• Member - Gold

• 1,404 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 September 2015 - 19:26

I definitely am feeling this ink, and I love it more so without the shimmer! Would anyone be able to help me match the closest Diamine ink to the colour of Blue Lightning sans shimmer - I was thinking maybe Turquoise or Aqua Blue? 

Hello, do try Diamine's Havasu Turquoise, it is very vibrant. Also there is a swatch a few posts back on THIS thread of a couple of comparisons. Perhaps that may help?

#29 xue1012

xue1012

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 November 2015 - 04:53

:wub:  :wub: Wow! Great Sharing ~ Thanks for you review ~ Actually i planning to order this Diammine Shimmering Ink of Red ~ after your review i will try on Gold Sands and Shimmering Seas ~ Thanks  :D

#30 PrimumNonNocere

PrimumNonNocere

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 November 2015 - 06:57

So pretty!!!!
Love it :)

#31 Arctic_Wolf

Arctic_Wolf

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 November 2015 - 21:37

Late to the party, but I'm sold on the Blue Lightening now!

#32 Bhavna

Bhavna

Inkredibles!

• Member - Gold

• 1,404 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 November 2015 - 02:39

Hi Guys, welcome to the party! I hope you all get your hands on this ink in whatever shade makes your hearts sing! Thank you as always, for stopping by and sharing your thoughts.

#33 lizncats

lizncats

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 20 November 2015 - 20:22

My set of Shimmertastic samples from Goulet Pens is supposed to arrive tomorrow.  It's gonna be an inky weekend...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: diamine shimmer, blue lightning

Sponsored Content

|