The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Mabie Todd Links On The Internet

7 replies to this topic

#1 MarcShiman

MarcShiman

Inspiring Discovery

• FPN Mabie Todd Group Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 867 posts

Posted 27 August 2015 - 08:54

Here's a short list of links I've found up to now. Please feel free to add in reply, and I'll update the list.

Please join the Mabie Todd Swan project where I am trying to sort out the undocumented mess that is American Mabie Todd's from the 1930's. The last pens that MT seemed to advertise were the "Eternal" pens, and then the company put out a wide range of different styles, shapes, sizes and filling systems before eventually closing up shop. I invite you to post your pictures of your American pens

The Mabie Todd Swan Project

Sponsored Content

#2 pen2paper

pen2paper

arty o the irst art

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,639 posts

Posted 27 August 2015 - 14:25

Perhaps the pencil blogs could be included as a resource for MT Fyne Poynt?

emoticon-animal-007.gif~Hi! fountain pen enthusiast here~

#3 MarcShiman

MarcShiman

Inspiring Discovery

• 867 posts

Posted 27 August 2015 - 15:33

Sure... if you know some, please list them.

Please join the Mabie Todd Swan project where I am trying to sort out the undocumented mess that is American Mabie Todd's from the 1930's. The last pens that MT seemed to advertise were the "Eternal" pens, and then the company put out a wide range of different styles, shapes, sizes and filling systems before eventually closing up shop. I invite you to post your pictures of your American pens

#4 MarcShiman

MarcShiman

Inspiring Discovery

• 867 posts

Posted 07 September 2015 - 04:34

The PCA Library has opened up old pen catalogs for free public access 

https://www.pencolle...ica.com/library

Edited by MarcShiman, 07 September 2015 - 05:20.

#5 Goudy

Goudy

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 538 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 September 2015 - 04:41

MT-related patents at fountainpen.it: http://www.fountainp...t_by_brand#Swan

Edited by Goudy, 07 September 2015 - 10:50.

utQ9Ep9.jpg

#6 bleair

bleair

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 July 2016 - 01:01

I've been reading older Pennant magazines and I saw a description of David Moak's book and cd, and I see the link for his website in this thread.

The web site is seems to be down now and I can find very little about the book and CD.

Does anyone know if it's still available?  It sounds like a great resource. I'm just discovering some of the wonderful swan pens.

• www.mabie-todd.com - David Moak's site. This is the foundation knowledge we have on Mabie Todd in America.

#7 Greenie

Greenie

Collectors Item

• 924 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 July 2016 - 23:30

I was told that David Moak sold everything off a few years back.  The book is out of print. It comes up on ebay every month or two.  

I also happen to know that as recently as a few months ago there were two copies of the  book  at The Fountain Pen Shop in Monrovia (I see you are at least in the right state).  Call Fred (owner) on the phone. Great guy. 

https://www.facebook...62422363783133/

http://www.socalpenclub.com/

#8 Goudy

Goudy

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 538 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 September 2016 - 18:47

I've been reading older Pennant magazines and I saw a description of David Moak's book and cd, and I see the link for his website in this thread.

The web site is seems to be down now and I can find very little about the book and CD.

Does anyone know if it's still available?  It sounds like a great resource. I'm just discovering some of the wonderful swan pens.

• www.mabie-todd.com - David Moak's site. This is the foundation knowledge we have on Mabie Todd in America.

The Wayback Machine at archive.org has a final entry for mabie-todd.com on March 27th this year, and you can still browse parts of the site through their last snapshot: http://web.archive.o...ie-todd.com/#st

Edited by Goudy, 17 September 2016 - 18:48.

utQ9Ep9.jpg

Reply to this topic

Sponsored Content

|