Uk/eu Source Sailor Nagasawa Pen Style Kobe Monogatari Le Inks

DrRoger

I'm looking for a place to buy the above inks - but cannot find any on any of the usual EU or US sites. Any info appreciated - the gray inks look interesting. Apologies if this is the wrong place to post the topic.

Yours,

Roger

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DrRoger

• AndyYNWA

• Algester

• migo984

I haven't seen them. We can get Kobe's on ebay or at Vaness.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

Try Rakuten too. You get some colors there directly from Nagasawa but if you are looking for someone who ships from the places you mentioned, forget about it.

Oh look, Amber has a new avatar with a ghost.

Tried the Japanese sites I can find but nothing - will check with Vaness too. It's frustrating not being able to get what looks like the perfect color (in truth I saw the gray in an ad for a rather nice Onoto stub nib pen.) Wonder why no EU retailer has gone the way Vaness have and gotten some of these inks? I know it's probably horridly complex but ...

Many thanks to you all for taking the time to comment and I think I should apogise to those who might have thought I'd found a source of said inks - topic could've been clearer.

Yours,

Roger

Tried the Japanese sites I can find but nothing - will check with Vaness too. It's frustrating not being able to get what looks like the perfect color (in truth I saw the gray in an ad for a rather nice Onoto stub nib pen.) Wonder why no EU retailer has gone the way Vaness have and gotten some of these inks? I know it's probably horridly complex but ...

Many thanks to you all for taking the time to comment and I think I should apogise to those who might have thought I'd found a source of said inks - topic could've been clearer.

Yours,

Roger

Apologies if I'm being a bit slow here but are you after one of the standard Kobe Nagasawa inks? If yes, which colour(s)? Each has a number (ranging from #1 to #52) and a name. For example, Kobe #31 Kaigan Stone Grey. If you could be more specific we might be able to assist further.

Verba volant, scripta manent

http://item.rakuten.co.jp/nagasawa/c/0000000757/

I'll be sppon feeding you if you ever decide to set up a system that would allow your fellow EU pen friends finally got these inks easier... but for now take it from the direct source from Nagasawa pens

what can not be covered by Nagasawa pens

2 no longer produced SOL inks

(SOL green and SOL lime green)

6 Limited edition Classical arts color inks

Monet Violet, Turner Brown, Pushkin Pink, Ur Lapis, Van Gogh Cobalt, Vermeer Blue

52 inks (that is part of the standard inks marked by a white label on the short bottle) are covered and will still be increasing as time passes :3

feel free to drop by the sailor ink thread if you want to thread deeper... its in my signature or if you spot some wild ones that I havent covered feel free to add some more

Vaness as far as I know has acquired the inks from shizuoka prefecture (namely Bungbox [ink availability is still limited and may not be able to acquire inks regularly available as limited sets], penne19 is still missing but both these stores ships overseas :3)

Edited by Algester

Is it a limited edition that will be discounted, or is it just an exclusive ink for Nagasawa? Or both....?

YNWA - JFT97

Instagram: inkyandy

limited edition ink that is exclusive to nagasawa... so both if you can count it that way?

even then SOL inks looked bad... I think there was a review here in the depths of the ink reviews back in 2010?

Kobe monogatari series however is standard and main stay if no one ever bother to look at my post edits

Edited by Algester

Migo984 - I'm looking at the gray inks but #31,38, 46 includes what looks like a neat blue too.

AndyYNWA - JFT96 100% with you there.

Have you tried Atsu of cool-japan on ebay?

I had the same thought so I sent the OP a PM with details :-)

Verba volant, scripta manent

JFT96 100% with you there.

I really hope they'll get it some day! But at least it seems to be getting a bit closer every day.

I'm most interested in #23 & #24. But my ink account for this month is already empty, so I will have to wait for the next salary.

YNWA - JFT97

Have you tried Atsu of cool-japan on ebay?

As Saskia noted, your best bet is cool_japan (Atsu) on eBay. I've purchased a dozen inks from him as well as fountain pens--he's the best!

Vanness is sold out of Kobe inks last I checked and, after a buying frenzy back in June or July, their Bungbox selection is now miniscule.

Ink, a drug.

― Vladimir Nabokov, Bend Sinister

Instagram:
a.transient.life

Thanks again to all for advice and suggestions - I will try Cool Japan but tend not to use eBay (no real reason, just don't) however it might well be the best way to get the inks. I appreciate your kindness in taking the time to reply.

R

I just ordered a bottle of #23 Nagata Blue from cool-japan on eBay.

Really hope the color lives up to my expectations. I saw some pictures of the ink after I placed the order and I'm a bit worried it's too pale for me. Unfortunately the pictures in gylyf's review here on FPN is corrupt.

Edited by AndyYNWA

YNWA - JFT97

I've bought many inks and pens from Atsu (cool-japan). He is completely reliable and courteous, and will answer any questions you have about availability of all these inks.

The Japanese must think we are quite mad.

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

• 3 weeks later...