The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Namisu 'orion' Fountain Pen On Massdrop

massdrop namisu nexus orion

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Jamerelbe

Jamerelbe

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,463 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 August 2015 - 01:50

For those of you who signed up to the Kickstarter campaign for the Namisu 'nexus' (and probably more so for those who didn't!), it appears Namisu.com are now co-operating with Massdrop to sell a modified version of the pen - now rebranded the 'Orion'.  

According to the Massdrop page (https://www.massdrop...uy/namisu-orion), the pen is slightly shorter, with fewer threads on the pen cap, and redesigned to allow the cap to post.  Nib options have also been changed (EF, F and B instead of F, M and B in the Kickstarter campaign), which I think is a smart move.  Oh, and there are fewer, shallower grooves at the gripping point of the pen, to provide a more comfortable writing experience (though I've had no complaints, personally, with the original design).

The Kickstarter campaign for this pen was pretty shambolic, on a number of levels - poor communication, supply delays which led to delivery delays, the list goes on...  but the pen itself was (and is) pretty nice.  And the price on Massdrop is pretty competitive too!

I'm not up for another Namisu pen (no complaints, just don't need 2) - but thought I'd mention it here for anyone who missed out.  

Sponsored Content

#2 Prads

Prads

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 87 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 September 2015 - 14:03

I have booked one in black, fingers crossed!! 

When I grow up, I want to be a great lawyer. Until then, I practice. - A.Davis

#3 jjlax10

jjlax10

Nib Maven

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 801 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 September 2015 - 16:00

I was told mine shipped.

President, Big Apple Pen Club
Follow us on Instagram @big_apple_pen_club

"Let other pens dwell on guilt and misery."

J.J. Lax Pen Co.
www.jjlaxpenco.com

#4 anomalogue

anomalogue

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 October 2015 - 17:41

I've been using my Orion for awhile. It is a oddly perfect object, especially for the price. I'm surprised how often I reach for it.

#5 httpmom

httpmom

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 393 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 December 2015 - 21:25

Thanks for this!  I have placed an order for the black medium (since it writes like a fine in my understanding) when it gets to the lowest price.

"You mustn’t be afraid to dream a little bigger darling.” "Forever optimistic with a theme and purpose." "My other pen is oblique and dippy."

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: massdrop, namisu, nexus, orion

Sponsored Content

|