Lamy Imporium - New Lamy On The Market?

visvamitra

I've found this image on this site. As you see you can buy it.

http://imageshack.com/a/img540/9800/ReXcSt.jpg

I'm surprised it's not even on Lamy internet site, especially that september is just ahead of us. Have anyone hear heard about this model that looks like Lamy Persona doppelganger? The one with golden / black nib isn't bad but the price seems steep.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Algester

• finansista

• A1979

• rafapa

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The same info was posted on the other forum a few hours back and there seems to be the same lack of knowledge about this new pen there as well. Seems to have been kept very quiet by Lamy for some reason.

It is very expensive compared to the current prices of the original Persona.

Verba volant, scripta manent

The nib seems very distinctive, and the clip appears to be redesigned. Lamy is probably looking for a way into the higher end market, but as a consumer, I'm not convinced that this model actually offers more than the 2000

"If you can spend a perfectly useless afternoon in a perfectly useless manner, you have learned how to live."

– Lin Yu-T'ang

Hopefully this new model will help bring down the price of the Personas a bit, the current prices seem to be sky high.

In case you wish to write to me, pls use ONLY email by clicking here. I do not check PMs. Thank you.

Hopefully this new model will help bring down the price of the Personas a bit, the current prices seem to be sky high.

I feel it may be the other way round - the original model will be even more desirable.

I feel it may be the other way round - the original model will be even more desirable.

I agree.

Verba volant, scripta manent

There's a Persona lying on my desk right now ... if Lamy really wants to introduce this new model, I hope they'll do something about the nib. That is plain ugly, IMHO!

Interestingly, it was not a hot seller at all at the time. I got mine at a steep discount. Edited by jthole

Lamy Persona Mk II

Not my cup of tea design-wise and in my opinion not worth the price premium over all other Lamy pens.

They stopped production of the Persona 10 years ago, so why bring it back now.

Lamy Persona Mk II

Not my cup of tea design-wise and in my opinion not worth the price premium over all other Lamy pens.

They stopped production of the Persona 10 years ago, so why bring it back now.

Well, with the discontinuation of the Persona and the Lady (I have both), an iconic line of pens disappeared.

But I agree that the introduction of a Persona Mk II does not seem sensible ... why would it sell better now than in the 20th century?

Interestingly, it was not a hot seller at all at the time. I got mine at a steep discount.

true, but many sought after items today were flops when introduced. Pilot Myu for example.

In case you wish to write to me, pls use ONLY email by clicking here. I do not check PMs. Thank you.

true, but many sought after items today were flops when introduced. Pilot Myu for example.

wait how was the Myu a flop? unless it came toe to toe with the Elite long short I would understand

back to discussion... september... the only important day to any FP user on this month would be the 25th in Japan... I guess they will unveil it there?

Edited by Algester

There must be something in the air causing these fashion-pens. MB announced this pen. Looks like a Lamy-style clip and the nib has Lamy echo too. Designed by an Apple designer.

http://g.fastcompany.net/multisite_files/fastcompany/imagecache/inline-large/inline/2015/08/3049822-inline-i-1-apples-marc-newson-designs-a-space-age-fountain-pen-copy.jpg

Edited by OCArt

We Are Our Ancestors’ Wildest Dreams

Could you please tell us where you found your information about this pen? Was it at a show? website? I love everything Lamy, and would like more info.

"Today will be gone in less than 24 hours. When it is gone, it is gone. Be wise, but enjoy! - anonymous today

• 2 weeks later...

There must be something in the air causing these fashion-pens. MB announced this pen. Looks like a Lamy-style clip and the nib has Lamy echo too. Designed by an Apple designer.

http://g.fastcompany.net/multisite_files/fastcompany/imagecache/inline-large/inline/2015/08/3049822-inline-i-1-apples-marc-newson-designs-a-space-age-fountain-pen-copy.jpg

Crossover! Like this look, except for the step, and looks to be heavy and for a large hand.

The Lamy, on the other hand, I want to like this, but no italic gold nib? and the plain cap, sort of looks like Pilot Varsity, on a slimmed down Michelin Man body.*

Again, looks like made for a larger hand. Wonder if upcoming show will have test drives?

*sorry to sound harsh.

I agree 100%

Different strokes for different folks I guess - I love the look of that nib! I hope this pen will actually be released... I'm in!

It's quite nice out here in the sunshine...

• 2 weeks later...