The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Custom Pen Holder

dip pen holder dip pen custom

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Stanley Howler

Stanley Howler

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 330 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 August 2015 - 13:36

A bit of a query.

I've found I enjoy most of all writing at home with a dip pen; letters, journals, notes and the rest. There are pen holders and ink wells dotted around the house here and there ready to pick up, the kitchen, my writing desk, bedroom... My various holders are all pretty standard affairs, all of different sizes and materials, bone, wood, plastic, pewter. I have been thinking it would be nice to get a custom holder made to the length, weight and diameter I find most comfortable and in some nice materials. I have been toying with the idea of perhaps ebony with a pierced silver overlay and a silver ferrule.

I have been keeping my eyes out for antique holders and gold nibs for sale online but have yet to find something that really appeals to me. I don't want a solid silver holder as I think that will be too heavy for lengthy use but I would like silver to be incorporated. I'm not one for gold or mother of pearl either. Bone and silver are a nice combination.

So my query or rather queries;

Firstly, does anyone know who, in the UK, might make such an animal and, secondly, what other suggestions do people have for designs and a nice combination of materials? 

Dom

Edited to amend 'filigree' to 'pierced', filigree was not what I meant.

Edited by Stanley Howler, 23 August 2015 - 18:41.

Sponsored Content

#2 fountainpagan

fountainpagan

Poetry soothes and emboldens the soul to accept mystery

• FPN Supporter - Platinum

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,089 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 August 2015 - 14:22

She is not in the UK, but Renée from Scriptorium Pens could certainly help you. Just talk to her, she makes costum orders of her pens, so why not her dip holders?

http://scriptoriumpe...ip-nib-holders/

WomenWagePeace

SUPORTER OF uh2SgO.jpg

My avatar is a painting by the imense surrealist painter Remedios Varo

#3 linearM

linearM

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 August 2015 - 14:22

I'm going to suggest a place you can look for some very nice pen holders with exotic woods.  If you go to dippens.net you will find some beautifully made penholders.  I own two that were made by dippers and really enjoy them.  It sounds like you might be wanting something a bit more elaborate but take a look you might find something to your liking.

Also I agree with fountainpagan regarding Scriptorium Pens.  Renée could possibly fix you up with a holder with silver bands and has some great pen making materials.  I just had her make me a custom fountain pen called the Inkling.  She does wonderful work.

Edited by linearM, 24 August 2015 - 13:49.

#4 Stanley Howler

Stanley Howler

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 330 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 August 2015 - 15:30

Thank you both for the ideas. I will take a look at dippers linearM and see what Renèe can come up with. I had been looking on her site to see whether she offered any silver filigree options but hadn't seen anything.

#5 linearM

linearM

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 August 2015 - 15:55

I noticed I goofed!  It is supposed to be  http://dippens.net.  Sorry about that.

#6 fountainpagan

fountainpagan

Poetry soothes and emboldens the soul to accept mystery

• FPN Supporter - Platinum

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,089 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 August 2015 - 17:02

I had been looking on her site to see whether she offered any silver filigree options but hadn't seen anything.

That is why it would be suitable for you to talk to her ;)

WomenWagePeace

SUPORTER OF uh2SgO.jpg

My avatar is a painting by the imense surrealist painter Remedios Varo

#7 httpmom

httpmom

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 393 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 August 2015 - 20:37

I'm going to suggest a place you can look for some very nice pen holders with exotic woods.  If you go to dippers.net you will find some beautifully made penholders.  I own two that were made by dippers and really enjoy them.  It sounds like you might be wanting something a bit more elaborate but take a look you might find something to your liking.

Also I agree with fountainpagan regarding Scriptorium Pens.  Renée could possibly fix you up with a holder with silver bands and has some great pen making materials.  I just had her make me a custom fountain pen called the Inkling.  She does wonderful work.

Well dippers.net was rather interesting.

Edited by httpmom, 23 August 2015 - 20:38.

"You mustn’t be afraid to dream a little bigger darling.” "Forever optimistic with a theme and purpose." "My other pen is oblique and dippy."

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: dip pen holder, dip, pen, custom

Sponsored Content

|