How Many Different Inks Do You Own? Samples And Bottles?

DrDebG

O.K. I just responded to a great discussion on the amount of money spent on pens versus the amount of money spent on inks. I know I have spent far more on pens, but, since ink is generally less expensive than pens, how many different inks does everyone own, not including duplicates? This includes samples as well as bottles.

I presently have about 40 samples (mostly from Goulet), and over a dozen bottles.

"Today will be gone in less than 24 hours. When it is gone, it is gone. Be wise, but enjoy! - anonymous today

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• amberleadavis

• Dhruv_Sood

• DrDebG

• migo984

I don't count samples since I give those away, so those things are a bit too transient to count, nor do I count cartridges.

I currently have 62 bottles at last count with more on the way. No duplicates. However, before the year is out, my ink inventory will likely hover closer to 100. :)

Ink, a drug.

― Vladimir Nabokov, Bend Sinister

Instagram:
a.transient.life

2 bottles and their duplicates.

Expecting a shipment of 11 different bottles next week.

And a shipment 6 bottles with duplicates at september end

Edit: Oh, I forgot PR and chelpark. So 4 bottles of ink currently with 2 of them having duplicates.

Edited by Dhruv_Sood

I think at this point about 180-200 different inks. Mind you, that's including both inks that I only got as samples, and inks I only got as bottles. And does also include the occasional change in formulation (such as the reformulated and "back to the original" versions of Noodler's Army Green, and the wildly different bottles of what I think is vintage Quink Permanent Brown (which is pretty red leaning) and Washable Brown (which has a sort of mustard color undertone (we're talking Gulden's Spicy Brown Mustard, not [anyone's yellow mustard...).

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

28 Bottles of ink, 23 which are unique....I have more inks coming as well, I need to start finding a way to store these inks, they're currently taking up about a third of my desk!

15 bottles of samples of varying amounts.

Those who hurt me were not only someone else,

but also those who pretended not to notice. It was my friend.

3 iroshizuku inks that I bought specifically for fountain pen use.

5 toucan mixing inks that I bought back in art school and have since found out are suitable for fountain pens too.

I don't like to collect things and what I have now seems more than sufficient.

10 samples.

No bottles yet, but soon.

3 iroshizuku inks that I bought specifically for fountain pen use.

5 toucan mixing inks that I bought back in art school and have since found out are suitable for fountain pens too.

I don't like to collect things and what I have now seems more than sufficient.

Nice to see that I am not the only one with less ink. Now to look for members who have less pens like I do. Edited by Dhruv_Sood

Nice too see that I am not the only one with less ink. Now too look for members who have less pens like I do.

Surprising (it really shouldn't be, should it?) and refreshing!

I have 25 bottles (including 2 dip pen inks), and I probably should count Waterman Purple/R&K Cassia and Herbin Vert Pré/Diamine Kelly Green as duplicates. And… I am getting the whole set of 1670 inks as soon as my local B&M gets the teal monster…

"We are one."

– G'Kar, The Declaration of Principles

16 bottles + 4 samples for fountain pens

3 bottles for dip pens

Most of my bottles are the 30 ml Diamine thingies. Surprised I had a few. Only use one or two.

Surprising (it really shouldn't be, should it?) and refreshing!

I have 25 bottles (including 2 dip pen inks), and I probably should count Waterman Purple/R&K Cassia and Herbin Vert Pré/Diamine Kelly Green as duplicates. And I am getting the whole set of 1670 inks as soon as my local B&M gets the teal monster

Well, yeah. I don't see any sense in keeping 100+ bottles of ink. With EF and UEF nibs I use, I estimate that I will be able to write about 1800 sides from a bottle of ink with 50ml capacity.

The inks which are supposed to arrive in September end are 1670 anniversary inks. Plus 2 custom/special inks. :)

Plus I may be buying 5000 sheets of tomoe River paper to get that sheen. Can't get that sheen on copier paper.

Edited by Dhruv_Sood

Samples - probably about 8

Bottles - 327, split between 2 continents.

Jeez, I know shops that don't have that many ! :)

Jeez, I know shops that don't have that many ! :)

It's two 'collections' that have been amalgamated (well, that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!) ;-)

Verba volant, scripta manent

Samples - probably about 8

Bottles - 327, split between 2 continents.

How does that work? Kept at 2 homes in 2 different continents or inks from 2 different continents?