U.s. Traveling Notebook (Small Scale)

sharonspens

So so so fantastic!

Ok! Be on the lookout for a PM thread for addresses!

I've asked Zwack to send the journal to me first, and I'll probably make a first entry... If nothing else a short introductory blurb. Unless anyone objects to that, of course.

Each man delights in the work that suits him best.

-The Odyssey - Homer

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sharonspens

• Laertides

• zwack

• amberleadavis

Let me add my congratulations to Zack on a job well done! The journal looks great!

I look forward to having my turn with it for a few days. I'm watching for your PM for addresses, Laertides.

This is awesome. I'm ready to start whenever you are.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

• 1 month later...

If the shorter page count (but bigger pages) is an issue I will make a second one when the first is almost finished.

Would it be easier to unsew it and add more pages if necessary instead of creating a second one?

So, is the 4th journal traveling now? Inquiring minds want to know!

Sharon in Indiana

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self." Earnest Hemingway

More than that, I have about 7 of them being sent around.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

More than that, I have about 7 of them being sent around.

Oh, I wasn't clear. I meant the fourth one of THIS small scale series. I'm not participating in this one, so I haven't monitored it as closely as the other three.

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self." Earnest Hemingway

Yes, Sharon, the fourth journal we set up here is in circulation! Zwack and Irish Eyes sent it to me, I sent it on to Greebe, and he'll send it on soon!

Each man delights in the work that suits him best.

-The Odyssey - Homer

Yes, Sharon, the fourth journal we set up here is in circulation! Zwack and Irish Eyes sent it to me, I sent it on to Greebe, and he'll send it on soon!

Cool! Glad to hear you all got it off the ground and traveling the countryside!

• 6 months later...

So, how are the travels of the 4th journal coming?

I currently have both yours and this one.

Sweet. That will keep you plenty busy! I'm glad to hear that #4 is still on the road.

For the record, so are the first three!

Sweet. That will keep you plenty busy! I'm glad to hear that #4 is still on the road.

For the record, so are the first three!

I wish these were the only thing keeping me busy these days.

I wish these were the only thing keeping me busy these days.

:D

• 2 years later...

Been a long time since I used this thread. We have three traveling notebooks going strong. Each has lost one of its original members, but the rest of have continued to chat from all across the country.

One of the three is looking to add a member. if you are interested in participating, the rules are pretty simple: we try to hold the journal for no more than 2 weeks before sending it on (though I admit we have stretched that timeline a bit - not a problem as long as we all know what is happening). We can write about whatever we want to share or ask of the others. We have shared about marriages, babies, and deaths, work and family, or just about inks being used at a given time. It allows you to keep up with 3-4 other pen pals all at once. And the journals are scanned once per round so we can all have access.

If you are interested in jumping in, send me a private message.

Sharon in Indiana

I am interested in reviving this group. As you, Sharon, know, I am in one group with you. I was in this one a couple of years ago, and it just seemed to die, much to my sorrow.

I would really like to be involved with another active group (or two or more).

Please, let's get this going again!

Been a long time since I used this thread. We have three traveling notebooks going strong. Each has lost one of its original members, but the rest of have continued to chat from all across the country.

One of the three is looking to add a member. if you are interested in participating, the rules are pretty simple: we try to hold the journal for no more than 2 weeks before sending it on (though I admit we have stretched that timeline a bit - not a problem as long as we all know what is happening). We can write about whatever we want to share or ask of the others. We have shared about marriages, babies, and deaths, work and family, or just about inks being used at a given time. It allows you to keep up with 3-4 other pen pals all at once. And the journals are scanned once per round so we can all have access.

If you are interested in jumping in, send me a private message.

Sharon in Indiana

Bumping this back up into view.

• 2 weeks later...

Bumping this back up into view.

Gonna bump this back one more time.

• 4 months later...

bumping this back because one of my other journals is seeking a new member. If you'd like to join a round robin journal (think penpal with three other people at the same time), send me a message.

sharon in indiana

Edited by sharonspens