The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Does Anyone Here Use Mechanical Keyboards?

• Please log in to reply
86 replies to this topic

#81 Claudiu

Claudiu

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 October 2017 - 09:15

I'm using das keyboard Model S Professional and it's the best keyboard I ever touched. It was a bit pricey, but I don't regret a cent, it worths every money, because it will probably stick with me for a long, long time.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.

Sponsored Content

#82 JasonF2

JasonF2

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 November 2017 - 02:19

I have a dozen or so odd mechs, including an IBM Model M that I've had for almost twenty years now, some Apple Extended Keyboard and II's (ALPS!), POK3R, Whitefox, Leopold Topre board, and a bunch of other sundry boards. The one I use most is the Leopold FC660C, followed by the WhiteFox (MX Clear), then the AEII (with ADB to USB adapter). I have a lot of different keysets, including the old Round 4 Spherical, Ivan's GMK, Dolch, Granite, and who knows what else off the top of my head  :huh:  In all honesty I need to go through put a bunch of it up for sale as I'm not using them all and it's wasting space that could be better served for my ink collection! Don't tell anyone, but I have been using my Apple Magic Keyboard and Magic Trackpad a lot lately too  :blush:

#83 gregamckinney

gregamckinney

he's just this guy, you know?

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,028 posts

Posted 01 November 2017 - 12:31

While I wait for my Keyboard.io (late December, sob,) I picked up a WASD keyboard with cherry mx GREENs.  I had always found blues to be too soft, and the greens are great.  Clicky and really firm.

greg

Don't feel bad. I'm old; I'm meh about most things.

#84 amberleadavis

amberleadavis

Inky! En-Abe-Lawyer

• FPN Super Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,273 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 November 2017 - 02:50

I have a dozen or so odd mechs, including an IBM Model M that I've had for almost twenty years now, some Apple Extended Keyboard and II's (ALPS!), POK3R, Whitefox, Leopold Topre board, and a bunch of other sundry boards. The one I use most is the Leopold FC660C, followed by the WhiteFox (MX Clear), then the AEII (with ADB to USB adapter). I have a lot of different keysets, including the old Round 4 Spherical, Ivan's GMK, Dolch, Granite, and who knows what else off the top of my head  :huh:  In all honesty I need to go through put a bunch of it up for sale as I'm not using them all and it's wasting space that could be better served for my ink collection! Don't tell anyone, but I have been using my Apple Magic Keyboard and Magic Trackpad a lot lately too  :blush:

Jason, you should come to Las Vegas, bring your keyboards to visit my inks.  I'll learn about keyboards and you can enjoy lots of inks.

If you see one of my posts and an image is missing, please copy the the URL or the link to the post and send me a PM (Private Message) so that I can upload the images. I changed hosting companies and not all of the images were uploaded.

Want to get a special letter / gift from me, then create a Ghostly Avatar?  

Get a chance to try out pens look at the TWSBI Loaners  and  Estie Loaners

Ink comparisons:  The Great PPS Comparison  366 Inks in 2016

Check out inks sorted by color:  Blue Purple Brown  Red Green Orange Black  Pinks  Yellows  Blue-Blacks

Fountain pens are my PREFERRED ADVANCED COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas.

#85 The Real Yossarian

The Real Yossarian

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 November 2017 - 15:40

I have two mechanical keyboards.

My work keyboard is a Das 4 professional, with Cherry browns, and PBT replacement caps. For the home office I have a K70 RGB, with browns, and o-rings.

#86 DanielWS

DanielWS

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 07 November 2017 - 21:05

My mechanical keyboard (?) is a 1955 Olympia SM-3 portable typewriter.

I've been working in I.T. professionally for 40 years and spent a few years at the university using keyboards.  I have grown to hate almost all of the the cheap, flimsy plastic keyboards but the best I have ever used is an old HP keyboard I scrounged from the company computer scrap pile.  I've been using it for over a decade and love it but I love my typewriter even more.

"My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness." The Dalai Lama

#87 Dickkooty2

Dickkooty2

That Dick in Hood River

• FPN Supporter - Platinum

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 November 2017 - 01:14

My mechanical keyboard (?) is a 1955 Olympia SM-3 portable typewriter.

Just for fun...

fpn_1510103601__screen_shot_2017-11-07_a

Upper L  Olympia MS3,, Upper R Olympia MS9.

The book is about the MS9 and its owner,

Sponsored Content

|