The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Pilot Falcon- Everyday Carry?

pilot falcon everyday carry workhorse

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 cveilleux

cveilleux

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 August 2015 - 16:01

Thanks all for the great information!

To anybody here with one- how would you say the Falcon compares to the Justus 95? Although I love the look of the Falcon nib, the adjustable nib also looks to be useful for use on the hard setting when taking notes and jotting down simple things, and then set to soft when it's time for a little fun. Also, how does the flex compare between the two?

Edited by cveilleux, 27 August 2015 - 16:01.

Sponsored Content

#22 Algester

Algester

(´Д⊂ヽ

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,763 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 September 2015 - 19:19

While the metal elabo might be ok as an edc I would opt to go for the cheaper alternative with the likes of the custom 74 and or heritage 91 unless that doesnt fit your bill (besides the soft ef and soft broad they offer almost the same nibs as their bigger counter parts custom 74 in black has more nibbage options than its black flat top cousin)
The only down side if you like a springy ef nib then this pen is for you

#23 tragique

tragique

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 19 September 2015 - 01:22

I often carry one of my metal Falcons with me. They make great sturdy EDC pens, and the nibs are rigid enough that if I want no line variation they behave like any other nib.

#24 Bounce792

Bounce792

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 September 2015 - 16:33

Personally, I would not use that for an EDC pen, especially NOT in school.

I consider school a high risk environment for loss, damage or theft.

Also taking notes in school is not the place to be playing with a springy/flexy nib.  Priority 1, get the notes down on paper, play with the nib later.  If you cannot take notes FAST with a soft nib, forget the soft nib and just use a nail.

Having worked as a teacher, I must agree.  On occasion, I would lend my low-end (Metropolitan or inexpensive Chinese pens) to students whom I trusted.  I got them back because I vetted who received the pens.  However, when lending ballpoints, Pilot G2s and pencils, I had (at best) a 50% chance of getting them back.

Use the Metro IN school, use your high-ender for homework.  That's my advice regarding usage.

Thanks all for the great information!

To anybody here with one- how would you say the Falcon compares to the Justus 95? Although I love the look of the Falcon nib, the adjustable nib also looks to be useful for use on the hard setting when taking notes and jotting down simple things, and then set to soft when it's time for a little fun. Also, how does the flex compare between the two?

Dan Smith's video above is the best resource.

My opinion would be that the Justus is the better pen.  It is extremely comfortable, smooth and reliable.  I spent $270 on it and consider every dollar well spent.  There's a fellow selling a Justus w/ Fine nib for $180, which is a great deal.

http://www.fountainp...ilot-justus-95/

round-letter-exc.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pilot, falcon, everyday, carry, workhorse

Sponsored Content

|