The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Chinese Pens Show And Tell.

• Please log in to reply
1447 replies to this topic

#1441 TSherbs

TSherbs

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,683 posts

Posted 17 June 2019 - 19:38

Just got my Moonman 80s mini. Nib is &$#+. I am working on it so it will at least write.

Sponsored Content

#1442 penzel_washinkton

penzel_washinkton

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 855 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 June 2019 - 22:04

It is very dry I assume?

I tinkered mine by making it wetter but it just doesn't appease me. More like the feed issue to me though rather than the nib.

#1443 TSherbs

TSherbs

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,683 posts

Posted 18 June 2019 - 01:36

It is very dry I assume?
I tinkered mine by making it wetter but it just doesn't appease me. More like the feed issue to me though rather than the nib.

Yes, but my work with a brass shim between the tines and between the nib and feed now has it writing pretty well. I also buffed the nib a bit to smooth it out.

#1444 Mech-for-i

Mech-for-i

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,702 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 July 2019 - 05:39

Just to show how anything goes, yes there is a tactical pen clone of the Safari ... actually quite a number of them, from Steel to Titanium to straight copy of the Al-Star ; this one here is 6061 T4 and at least some extra added to the body, come with extra section to hold a Gel Pen refill had O ring seal on the section that's now hidden under the barrel / section mating thread, O ring seal also at the capping thread and the window breaker end, I had fashion a Lamy F nib onto it , look that bit meaner and its writing a bit Asian FM ( more leaning to M but not quite there )

fpn_1563773482__tactical-safari.jpg

#1445 Helen350

Helen350

Antique

• FPN Supporter - Platinum

• 2,218 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 July 2019 - 02:53

My Moonman M600S arrived today.  Has a medium nib, and inked with Noodler's Walnut.  Did quite a

bit of writing in my Prayer Journal this afternoon, and toroughly enjoyed this Moonman.  Somewhat of

a military-type look.  The staff at the Post Office wanted to hold onto my new pen acquisition!! :rolleyes:

fpn_1563849836__moonman_m600s72219.jpg

#1446 TruthPil

TruthPil

Flexy obliqueness!

• Member - Gold

• 2,217 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 July 2019 - 07:02

Tactical Safari....how ugly but interesting haha. I saw so many of those tactical pens with ballpoints in China, but never a fountain pen version.

Just to show how anything goes, yes there is a tactical pen clone of the Safari ... actually quite a number of them, from Steel to Titanium to straight copy of the Al-Star ; this one here is 6061 T4 and at least some extra added to the body, come with extra section to hold a Gel Pen refill had O ring seal on the section that's now hidden under the barrel / section mating thread, O ring seal also at the capping thread and the window breaker end, I had fashion a Lamy F nib onto it , look that bit meaner and its writing a bit Asian FM ( more leaning to M but not quite there )

fpn_1563773482__tactical-safari.jpg

Moonman really is making a name for themselves, aren't they? That is a beautiful pen!! My fountain pens also get the most work in my morning prayer journals....they are a perfect match for it!

My Moonman M600S arrived today.  Has a medium nib, and inked with Noodler's Walnut.  Did quite a

bit of writing in my Prayer Journal this afternoon, and toroughly enjoyed this Moonman.  Somewhat of

a military-type look.  The staff at the Post Office wanted to hold onto my new pen acquisition!! :rolleyes:

fpn_1563849836__moonman_m600s72219.jpg

fpn_1451608922__truthpil_signature_small

#1447 Mech-for-i

Mech-for-i

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 1,702 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 July 2019 - 09:53

one of those rare to be seen outside of China mid range workhorse Hero , here is my Hero 3081 ; it looks impressive on the photo but its actually a tiny bit slimmer and slightly shorter than the 616 , with a sort of hooded standard no.5 ( aka type 26 ) two tone nib which as typical of Hero today write a wet FM ; its sort of the style like the old Aurora 98 / Duocart. The pen is all brass , lacquered black , section also with a single trim ring serving as the clutch to the snap on cap which had a plain top polished gold plated button jewel ; and of course that wide center band which had the Hero logo and model number on one side and the Doctor ( a Hero sub brand ) motif on the other. This model had been on the catalog for years , my older sample is a 2012 manufactured sample and this one is a 2018 manufactured one and AFAIK its still on the catalog. To actually enjoy some of the for real Chinese fountain pen I always recommend people to look for these mid range Hero which might be priced somewhere like YMB50.00 to say 250.00 ; that include pretty much all the non school / non vintage models and the better steel and 10K gold nib models 

48360777562_b6cb2d15a1_k.jpgHero 3081, on Flickr

#1448 Helen350

Helen350

Antique

• FPN Supporter - Platinum

• 2,218 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 July 2019 - 18:36

Natami Inception - F. nib.  Ink:  Akkerman Rood Pluche.   My Natami Inception arrived today from Bobby.

The color reminds me of my Platinum 3776 Bourgogne.  Cap band, clip, ring at the top of the section and

nib are rose gold in color.  Nib is smooth with some feedback.  Might consider just a bit of micromesh. 

Both body and cap are smoothly, multi-faceted.  Section is not faceted.  Screw cap, with smooth threads.

Top of body does not have the usual FP finial; is rounded, with evidence of very small molding indent,

For the money, this pen is well made, and has the look of a more costly FP.  Cap finial has an inner

lining.  Though my hands are small, prefer writing with this pen capped.  Capping requires a bit of careful

placing.  Nib size - 5+.  Engraved on nib:  Natami - The Flight of Time.  Not a wet nib. Wide cap band

with Flight of Time" 1919 engraved on it.  Clip is snug, and will fit on a shirt pocket without any trouble..  

BODY LENGTH:  From nib to top of body - 4 3/4"

CAP LENGTH:     2 1/2"

LENGTH CAPPED:  6 1/2" 

fpn_1563991822__natamiinception72419.jpg

Sponsored Content

|