Chinese Pens Show And Tell.

Ian the Jock

I have a blue and a pink 616+ - *very* nice pens, especially for the price! I was never a fan of the aerometric converters in the original 616 - so the converter makes a big difference. Better fit and finish too - and mine both wrote very nicely (a fairly fine line) straight out of the packaging (once I'd inserted ink that is...).

Was just about to order one, and then watched Chrisrap52's YouTube video and decided not at this time. I currently use the Hero 616 Doctor's pen, though I am not a big fan of hooded nibs. Instead of buying the 616 Plus, I decided, at the last moment, to order a Fuliwen 016. Probably did this because it reminds me of the Platinum Koi (which I cannot afford). Will order the yellow 616 Plus in the near future--to add to my yellow pen stash. Good to see you gave it a good review.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ian the Jock

• Mech-for-i

• Helen350

• truthpil

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Will order the yellow 616 Plus in the near future--to add to my yellow pen stash.

You have a yellow pen stash too? Last year I got totally into yellow pens and really enjoy them!

fpn_1451608922__truthpil_signature_small

Wait.... what?! There are counterfeit 616s?

Yes, they can often be hard to detect too because even the packaging will be similar. Since the 616 is the most popular fountain pen in China, a lot of other manufacturers made counterfeits. The 616 Plus hasn't been counterfeited yet though. They are really nice pens and I find the new filling system to be much better and solved some problems I have with ink leaking on the original 616s. I just wish they would start selling them in more traditional colors.

A strong vote for the Picasso 915. I have the red and love it. The green and black have silver trims while the red has golden trims. All three look very classy.

A strong vote for the Picasso 915. I have the red and love it. The green and black have silver trims while the red has golden trims. All three look very classy.

The nib on the Picasso 915 red is very unique! Very stylish pen. :wub:

fpn_1500666284__picasso915nib.jpg

I've been struggling between getting the green or red one for as long as I've known about the 915! Some day I'll just have to decide...

I've been struggling between getting the green or red one for as long as I've known about the 915! Some day I'll just have to decide...

I have to say the red one is a must for your initial Picasso 915 purchase TruthPil (LOL) The deep red and gold just look so classy I don't believe you will be disappointed. I have had mine since July 2017. The snap was from my initial purchase.

fpn_1500664439__picasso915b72117.jpg

TruthPil - another nice Picasso pen is the Avignon #933. Looks like it is worth much more than it cost. You might want to do some research on that one. My nib was smooth right out of the box, and did not require any smoothing. Both the 915 and the 933 nibs were smooth (for a non-gold nib).

fpn_1500952492__picasso933sampleb.jpg

fpn_1500926328__picasso933pencap.jpg

Swiri is not a well known brand even in its home country but the brand is well known among older Chinese fountain pen aficionados. Actually the brand is the commercial branch of the ( 上海制笔工业研究所 ) Shanghai Writing Instrument Research Institute ( short for S.W.I.R.I. and thus Swiri ) , needless to say the name say it all. Its not actually a commercial entity, but half funded by the local government as an organization to promote the industry and do multiple industry functions say testing , certification etc etc , and was setup then in collaboration wit Hero ( Hero is responsible for most of Swiri products actual manufacturing ) and also other in the industry and locale. Its responsible for many of the 90's pen models in its conception and prototyping ( and not just fountain pen ). As a side note it had its own range of product released under the brand Swiri ; and since its purpose is to test the water, not to made money their product tend to be sometime off beat and sometime just amazing but generally they are unique ( when released ) so to speak ..

And here's SWIRI 2456 , using the large size two tone triumph nib, with fixed aerometric filling and all brass construction ( heavy duty ), pearlescent grey lacquered body with gold plated appointments; if you want the best in 90's Chinese fountain pen with a triumph nib and do not mind the weight, this is the one to go for

29384077188_444b285641_k.jpgSWIRI 2456 circa early 90's

Edited by Mech-for-i

Helen, you post beautiful pictures

Thank you and Jolly Cynic for your kind comment.

Delike New Moon 3. M. Nib. Ink: Sheaffer Skrip Green

fpn_1548363810__delikenewmoon312419b.jpg

Haolilai - M. nib. Ink: Monteverde. Have had this pen since 2009. Have rarely used this pen since purchasing. Decided to pull it out tonite and ink it up and put it to work. Smooth nib. No longer seen on Ebay.

fpn_1548391538__haolilaifp.jpg

TruthPil - another nice Picasso pen is the Avignon #933. Looks like it is worth much more than it cost. You might want to do some research on that one. My nib was smooth right out of the box, and did not require any smoothing. Both the 915 and the 933 nibs were smooth (for a non-gold nib).

fpn_1500952492__picasso933sampleb.jpg

fpn_1500926328__picasso933pencap.jpg

Thanks Helen! I'm going to try to track this down on Taobao.

received today my dirty cheap Moonman M100, i had a few concerns about buying it but everything turned out to be perfect, at first i was trying to find any flaws in it or in packaging but couldn't find any, except the fact that pen was a little bit dirty in dust and nib unit wasn't sitting tight enough, which I fixed pretty fast :3 Also at first i thought that pen wasn't rich enough in terms of color and that's it's actually not that bright red as i expected it, more like the color it called after "Dark Rose" but actually all it was needed a little bit better light conditions and it's started to play with colors right away, photo pretty much shows it. In love with the nib also, it's so smooth, and produces true F line, filled it with Diamine Syrah that i bought recently :wub:
rG860OU.png

received today my dirty cheap Moonman M100, i had a few concerns about buying it but everything turned out to be perfect, at first i was trying to find any flaws in it or in packaging but couldn't find any, except the fact that pen was a little bit dirty in dust and nib unit wasn't sitting tight enough, which I fixed pretty fast :3 Also at first i thought that pen wasn't rich enough in terms of color and that's it's actually not that bright red as i expected it, more like the color it called after "Dark Rose" but actually all it was needed a little bit better light conditions and it's started to play with colors right away, photo pretty much shows it. In love with the nib also, it's so smooth, and produces true F line, filled it with Diamine Syrah that i bought recently :wub:

rG860OU.png

Like the looks of that Moonman pen! Looking forward to being able to add one to my small collection.

I have the same pen. Very attractive but the cap threads on mine weren't cut well and it mis-threads half the time.

We Are Our Ancestors’ Wildest Dreams

I just finished the second fill on my brown M100. It's not only as gorgeous as a vintage Sheaffer Balance, but feels fantastic in my hand. I just wish it posted a little more securely and had a larger nib for aesthetic purposes.