Chinese Pens Show And Tell.

Ian the Jock

Many thanks to Members Mech-for-i & Engelbrecht for their posts about the new Delike Alpha in resin.

After discovering the pen & the added appeal of possible swap of the nib for that of the Kaweco Sport I ordered a "Maple Leaf"/ Amber flecked as shown in previous posts, on June 2. The Seller, "office_supplies_pen," promptly shipped the pen & I received it today; the pen is surely comparable to my Kaweco Art Sport in Amber, which I considered the handsomest of the Kaweco Sport pens I enjoy.

I was concerned the Kaweco nib didn't "seat" as far into the section as the Delike nib but it seems to perform as expected, despite the seating of the nib. A converter that reminds me of a Platinum (converter) was included & because of the pen's added length, fits quite well.

A handsome pen & I am glad to have followed this post to make one mine!

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ian the Jock

• Mech-for-i

• Helen350

• truthpil

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well though I've been keep saying I am not too keen on the modern / contemporary hooded nib all the Chinese Mfr had with that updated hood section and am more endeared with the traditional somewhat chubby one like the one on the old 616, there is times though I do find some quite attractive. So after the 9630 which I've shown previously, I am going to introduce you guys to the Hero 9317 circa ( roughly ) 2013-2015 ( but you can certainly still find stock )

28917950918_74ffe5fd56_k.jpgHero 9317, on Flickr

136.5mm capped

114mm uncapped ( excluding the nib )

142mm posted ( excluding the nib )

11mm at the barrel / section junction ( right above that trim ring on the barrel ) taper down to 8.8mm ( right above the cap snap ring on the section )

C/C filling

Just as all contemporary models, the hooded nib spotted an integral feed / collector, the hood while updated and had that ridge for the snap on cap is still curved and profiled and as you can see textured on the grip. Finishing vise its all metal all over and lacquered, The Cream Yellow actually look paler in real world and looking every bit retro. The Baby Pink is one of those rare case that the Mfr actually do get the color right, a pale , pastel light baby pink, the Tiffany Blue is just that .. I count Hero doing the color very well this time around. Nice rose gold trim ; despite relatively compact, still feel very solid. Write pretty smooth. Not a light weight though.

Edited by Mech-for-i

41102847350_fbaac43bc9_k.jpgHero 616+, on Flickr

My Hero 616 Plus actually arrived quite a few days ago, and I am having a blast getting to know it , but here's the Sky Blue with a ( current production ) gold plated cap pirated off an old 616 and a vintage 616 box ( the pens come in shelf hang plastic sleeves with 1 ink cartridge and converter ) Its now fully C/C filling for those who really hate the Aerometric

Caveat Emptor : check the inner working thread, if you intent to swap nib for this particular pen ; and I should probably mention this also, the barrel though externally look and measure exactly like that of the 616 is indeed a new molding with 4 internal re enforcement rib but require the mold to be 3 pieces and now spotted a ( polished but still can be felt and seen ) mold line down the length of the barrel ( both side )

Edited by Mech-for-i

My Hero 616 Plus actually arrived quite a few days ago, and I am having a blast getting to know it , but here's the Sky Blue with a ( current production ) gold plated cap pirated off an old 616 and a vintage 616 box ( the pens come in shelf hang plastic sleeves with 1 ink cartridge and converter ) Its now fully C/C filling for those who really hate the Aerometric

Is the direct link available? So far I have found the regular 616, the jumbo, and the Mk II, the difference is that the Mk II has silver/gold cap, unlike this one.

Also the size looks the same as the jumbo model, is it so?

Any other colours available?

Thanks for the update. Looks great! That was exactly what I was going to do... Get the blue one and put a gold cap on it. Now I know it will look fantastic.

fpn_1451608922__truthpil_signature_small

Is the direct link available? So far I have found the regular 616, the jumbo, and the Mk II, the difference is that the Mk II has silver/gold cap, unlike this one.

Also the size looks the same as the jumbo model, is it so?

Any other colours available?

Just google Hero 616Plus ; its of the standard aka Medium aka Jumbo size ; they come with regular chromed finish cap ( this one is a retrofit ) colous come in ... well take a look at this ( click on the pic, link to Tmall online shop item page )

TB23biJvwmTBuNjy1XbXXaMrVXa_!!2912164915

Edited by Mech-for-i

Hero 616+, on Flickr

Awesome news! My prayers have been answered!

fpn_1502425191__letter-mini.png

I know, right? After decades of people wanting a C/C 616, Hero finally gave in.

I'm expecting to look out the window and see pigs flying by any minute....

fpn_1451608922__truthpil_signature_small

I've maintained that some of the better current cataloged / production had always been with the Hero range so I figure I should at least show some of those and here's Hero 2061 , all aluminum ( except section, which is thin brass with permanently sealed in plastic sleeve to hold feed / nib and constitute the C/C receptacle ) , C/C filling, no.5 nib , not shown is a nice embossed Hero logo on top of the cap finale, available in Black ( as shown ) and Aluminum, The aluminum had exactly the opposite finishing, all aluminum satin finish including section with black trimming. Size pretty much the same as the older Hero 395 but slight bit longer

42900237932_25e8771e33_k.jpgHero-2061, on Flickr

Edited by Mech-for-i

Well I don't know but such C/C filling hooded nib had been around for quite some times already , I suppose just less known, but the Wing Sung 613 is certainly well discussed around this forum , any way you might want to check my thread regarding their inner working and decide if its for you.

Well I don't know but such C/C filling hooded nib had been around for quite some times already , I suppose just less known, but the Wing Sung 613 is certainly well discussed around this forum , any way you might want to check my thread regarding their inner working and decide if its for you.

I had I read more praises about the Hero 616 in comparison to the Wing Sung 613, so I tried the Hero 616 first. It's a good pen, but the aerometric converter doesn't agree with me.

fpn_1502425191__letter-mini.png

I've maintained that some of the better current cataloged / production had always been with the Hero range so I figure I should at least show some of those and here's Hero 2061 , all aluminum ( except section, which is thin brass with permanently sealed in plastic sleeve to hold feed / nib and constitute the C/C receptacle ) , C/C filling, no.5 nib , not shown is a nice embossed Hero logo on top of the cap finale, available in Black ( as shown ) and Aluminum, The aluminum had exactly the opposite finishing, all aluminum satin finish including section with black trimming. Size pretty much the same as the older Hero 395 but slight bit longer

Hero-2061, on Flickr

That's looking very German in style - like a Lamy or Rotring (apart from the nib), which I quite like.

I can't see them yet on ebay - do you know when/if they will be available?

That's looking very German in style - like a Lamy or Rotring (apart from the nib), which I quite like.

I can't see them yet on ebay - do you know when/if they will be available?

No idea, this will all depend on those eBay / on line retail sellers, but here's a promo shoot showing both finishes

fpn_1529837474__hero-2061.jpg

Edited by Mech-for-i

Hmmmm , HERO 616 ?

616Plus

616 Jumbo

616_2

Are they all the same pen ?

Hmm .. I figure its kind of daunting for new comers who are not familiar with the 616 ; anyway, forgetting all those not in production there is only 3 variants of the 616 .. the 616 Mid size ( also refer to Doctor, Jumbo, Large .. etc etc ... ) actually Hero term it mid size not because the 616 had various sizes , the mid size is referring to general fountain pen size ... and likewise there is the 616 small size , which is also what the 616-2 base on ( 616-2 just different color and trim ). The 616 Plus is all new and while dimension, profile and external appearance totally the same as the 616 mid size ( except colors ) its a totally different pen where pen parts goes ( pls go have a read about them in the inner working thread ) The 616 mid and small size basically use the same pen parts and mechanism

Edited by Mech-for-i

Here's one that's relatively new also, got it for only couple of months ago , the Hero 981-1 , don't know why but almost always wrongly referred to as the 981 or 981H. An all aluminum brushed + anodized dark gun grey finish, C/C filling, No.5 nib, and a very interesting snap on cap utilizing the 3 spring tab ( like the Lamy 2000 ) you can see the little wire spring tab on the photo. There is also a yellowish champagne finish option. And regarding the wrong model naming its probably due to Hero's having catalog code vs actual model name. And upon that there is an actual model 981 which is the same as this 981-1 but with the pen constructed of Acrylic Resin and having the typical glossy polished finish of such material. All the 981 and the 981-1 champagne had bright chromed trim, only the said displayed option had the black chromed trim

42900238802_427e0643be_k.jpgHero-981-1, on Flickr

Edited by Mech-for-i

looks nice

how big is it?

that 981-1 I suppose, well, widest part 13mm , roughly 120mm uncapped, 138mm capped, 149mm posted, and 27g weight

Edited by Mech-for-i

that 981-1 I suppose, well, widest part 13mm , roughly 120mm uncapped, 138mm capped, 149mm posted, and 27g weight

nice size

thanks