Chinese Pens Show And Tell.

Ian the Jock

And... what was ordered?

Delike New Moon 2, Penbbbs 308, and Jinhao Wolff (Huafu) 186.

The Delike has three nib options with interchangeable nib units.

The Penbbs pen takes standard #6 nibs, opening a world of possibilities. The Hero has a lovely semi-flex nib.

All are excellent pens I now use more than most of my more expensive ones.

Edited by TruthPil

fpn_1451608922__truthpil_signature_small

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ian the Jock

• Mech-for-i

• Helen350

• truthpil

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Has anyone tried one of these yet?

It's another homage to the Parker 45 (as mentioned in the description) and looks quite nice!

TB2Z3cflJnJ8KJjSszdXXaxuFXa_!!81296406.j

One Mustard Yellow on order and awaiting shipping out to warehouse & consolidated fright, am expecting to get it come weekend or early next week, I'll tell you how it go when it arrives. The Parker 45 / Hero 800 story such an interesting history

One Mustard Yellow on order and awaiting shipping out to warehouse & consolidated fright, am expecting to get it come weekend or early next week, I'll tell you how it go when it arrives. The Parker 45 / Hero 800 story such an interesting history

Looking forward to your report on these! I haven't yet tried any Moonman pens but I like their designs and they seem to be good quality. Since I already have 7 or 8 Parker 45s, I think the only reason I would get one of these is if they take international cartridges.

Well, first off the Hero 800 was released way back in the early 80's and of course long off the catalog; you might still occasionally find NOS on offer here and there. And speaking of such the 800 is never a clone as the Parker literally gave Hero all the engineering drawing etc etc in light ( and somewhat as compensation for work done without Parker paying ) of a broken deal between Hero and Parker where Parker restructure in the early 80's and the 800 and all its variant so to speak, became the official unofficial variants of the Parker 45.

Looking forward to your report on these! I haven't yet tried any Moonman pens but I like their designs and they seem to be good quality. Since I already have 7 or 8 Parker 45s, I think the only reason I would get one of these is if they take international cartridges.

Don't think they will take int'l Cartridge but I will test to see, likely it will take the Hero 2.6mm Converter

A pity it is off the catalogs!

They are still somewhat plentiful on Taobao if you are able to purchase abroad from on there. The price is similar to a new Hero 100 or 200A.

Maybe it's just me, but all of these new demonstrators, and washed out, peely wally colours just aren't buttering my parsnips.

Anyone else feel the same?

Give me a good old solid brass barrelled Jinhao any day. :D

Ian

Ian, Oneill here I have been scratting in my study since Joy and I got back from Xmas in Melbourne not

with the intention of cleaning up just looking around as I am allowed to.I found a very old list of pens that I

used to keep when I was editing for Jinhao Baoer lots of the names I created for Jinhao but you may be interested in some of the others.Here goes.Almazaya.The Executive9009.The Good Faith.1200 series.750 series.903 Red.

Archaic Saint. Confucious.Dragons Descendant.Electric Blue.First Power.Gold 1200.Gold Series250.Great Wall.

Hexagon Dragon Clip.Hitachi.Ivystars Biro.Long March.Music Red Clip.Music Note Clip.Olympic Torch.Orange1200.

Secretary Black 905.X-450 Coffee.X-450Matte-Black. ZHUGELIANG.750 STARDUST.750 IVORY. 750Satin Gold.750 Executive Silver.Dark Chessboard.Tiger.BAOER Orange501A. Dewen3013 Chocolate.Dewen 3013Green Swirl. DUKE. Harlequin Cap.

Regal Harry.Regal Black.LEONARDO. Silver Cross Hatch. I nearly Forgot my Favourite pens The

Abalone. also The Mother of Pearl.Others Toooo numerous to mention,Trust Me Oneill.

Edited by oneill

... It's another homage to the Parker 45 (as mentioned in the description) and looks quite nice!

TB2Z3cflJnJ8KJjSszdXXaxuFXa_!!81296406.j

So the pen Moonman 80 arrived Sunday evening ; mine the Mustard Yellow with the rhombus pattern cap, look exactly like the photo above the color and all. Actually looking nicer than the photo; first impression : VERY VERY impressed. the fit, finishing and all just gorgeous and presented in a beautiful presentation box. Of course first ting first I fish out my 3 different Parker 45 and the old Hero 800 and made a comparison. IMHO this is even more close to the original P45 than the Hero. The new tooling and material benefit the pen. it feel more solid than the P45 I had ( one US, one UK, both plastic barrel, the third a flighter ). The cap and clip had a good polished finish, definitely a match or even better than the normal P45. Still slip and seal with inner cap and the leaf springs. Sorry it will not take Int'l cartridge as its using the same old Parker / Hero wide mouth converter. Just dip and write a page or so, the nib feel , well , harder but smoother than my P45.I will tell you guys how it actually write when I got time to flush and actually ink this up.

So the pen Moonman 80 arrived Sunday evening ; mine the Mustard Yellow with the rhombus pattern cap, look exactly like the photo above the color and all. Actually looking nicer than the photo; first impression : VERY VERY impressed. the fit, finishing and all just gorgeous and presented in a beautiful presentation box. Of course first ting first I fish out my 3 different Parker 45 and the old Hero 800 and made a comparison. IMHO this is even more close to the original P45 than the Hero. The new tooling and material benefit the pen. it feel more solid than the P45 I had ( one US, one UK, both plastic barrel, the third a flighter ). The cap and clip had a good polished finish, definitely a match or even better than the normal P45. Still slip and seal with inner cap and the leaf springs. Sorry it will not take Int'l cartridge as its using the same old Parker / Hero wide mouth converter. Just dip and write a page or so, the nib feel , well , harder but smoother than my P45.I will tell you guys how it actually write when I got time to flush and actually ink this up.

Thanks for the update! It wouldn't surprise me if it was a little better built than the original P45....materials and technology have advanced a lot over the past couple decades! That's also good to know about the nib. For this kind of pen I prefer hard and smooth than soft and "feedback." Looking forward to reading more of your experiences with the pen! I think I may need to grab one of these the next time they are on sale.

Thanks for the update! It wouldn't surprise me if it was a little better built than the original P45....materials and technology have advanced a lot over the past couple decades! That's also good to know about the nib. For this kind of pen I prefer hard and smooth than soft and "feedback." Looking forward to reading more of your experiences with the pen! I think I may need to grab one of these the next time they are on sale.

They are up on Ebay right now, but no doubt are cheaper to buy in country.

Edited by DasKaltblut

What do you got when you X-over a dip pen with a fountain pen in a student pen package ... answer M&G AFPM0601 ... this is already my 3rd time purchasing this pen and I think its worth a mention for the fun actor ( and cost )

39720348051_0754edbbbe_k.jpg

M&G AFPM0601 fountain pens by Mech for i, on Flickr

M&G's student pens are well student pens and in general do not interest me much. But last year they start to revamp the range with a style that's best be termed taking away the hood from the hooded nib. The first few models all have teen hot color combo and triangular grip which I am not too keen on, but they come up with the AFPM0601 mid 2017 and I am hooked. Its a no frill styling , basic colors, your basic hooded nib ( OK might be we should call it tubular nib instead since its no longer hooded, but its the same sized nib as those used in all the Wing Sung past and present and are used in many current hooded nib pens ).

Its made with the kind of soft PU material that's commonly seen on student stationary so when they are drop or forced, they do not break, instead they deform. It come standard with a converter piston plunge type ( de facto Hero 2.6m opening ) ; pen itself is

172mm capped

168mm uncapped ( don't think posting is even considered by the Mfr )

10.5mm on the barrel tapering to the end with a step to the section

8.5mm section, then another step to 7.2mm and taper to the nib end

10.5mm total section length excluding nib

30.7mm cap length , clear hard plastic but with color matched inner cap of same soft PU material that serve to seal the nib when snapped on ( the snap ridge on the clear part )

Its a $2.00 ( US ) per pack of 4 but can be bought single, as well as in pack of 10, box of 20 and box of 50 ; while its fun to write with this pen and explore how the hooded nib will behave when its no longer hooded. Its more fun to hack the pen and get to know something about the pen

fpn_1516102667__afpm0601-disassembly.jpg

This is the pen disassembled, minus the converter; all the parts are friction fit and here we can see something interesting one usually hidden under the hood ( literally ) You can see the nib and the integral collector / feed that's more common on todays new hooded nib models, the feed got a step that prevent the nib from being pushed in too far and the feed itself got some elaborate cut of ink channel / air feed. Above that you can see the section and the coupler ( the one with all the abuse shown ) . The feed actually go into the coupler ( the narrow end ) and it will sit all inside exposing only the part that will mate with the nib. The coupler got the converter seat molded in ; and all of these nib/feed/coupler are pushed onto the section from the converter end ; as you can see now why you cannot get the feed off from the front on these. The coupler got a ridge mid length that engage the section inner surface and an index tab that prevent it from rotating when pushed in seating everything and sealing them. The inner cap just push into the clear cap, and the barrel is just a single molded piece, and before anyone ask , yes it ca be converted to ED so long yo got an O ring onto the section and applied amount of silicone grease. I personally recommend against doing that as its not very secure a seal.

Since the nib is now exposed, its way easier to exchange the nib and this made it my top choice for playing around with my collection of various hooded nib of this size including different calligraphy nibs

Edited by Mech-for-i

mech,

I have seen some Chinese vendors offering "dip pens" which were basically these common tubular nibs stuck to the ends of wooden sticks...

No, I am not going to list my pens here.

I suppose you mean those student dip pen set with the mapping nib, pretty commonly seen & used for both Art and Technical drawing. I do know people put just the nominal fountain pen nib onto them and used them as is but usually the mapping nib that came with them are much harder, much sharper, and also quite a lot cheaper when replacement are asked for and those are practical ly a weapon.

Moonman 80 seems that it is not good enough like Wing Sung 601. I am waiting for other new pens so that they can be packed to send to me.

dip pen.... there are some sellers selling old stock dip pen nib on taobao.

I have some.

I like Dengta 126 dip pen nib, however, I do not have it now.

Edited by Tefolium

Moonman 80 seems that it is not good enough like Wing Sung 601. I am waiting for other new pens so that they can be packed to send to me.

Don't really think so, tough I personally still waiting out for a better, properly put together 601; I had been able to examine at least half a dozen of them. I personally do not think any of the two are actually superior to the others. They are after all different design, for sure, but overall material, they differ little, might be even a little edge given to the MM80, and its got a proven filling , no frill, but also no surprise. The nib is all about preference. both of the steel nibs are good but not great. Unfortunately that also speak of the gold nib on the 601. he 601 might win out on sentimentality, but the MM80 are not too bad behind either.

The one thing 601 dearly need is consistency,a consistency to the final putting together , the components , the part that will made it work proper and work along ... this is where 601 still suffering.

Don't really think so, tough I personally still waiting out for a better, properly put together 601; I had been able to examine at least half a dozen of them. I personally do not think any of the two are actually superior to the others. They are after all different design, for sure, but overall material, they differ little, might be even a little edge given to the MM80, and its got a proven filling , no frill, but also no surprise. The nib is all about preference. both of the steel nibs are good but not great. Unfortunately that also speak of the gold nib on the 601. he 601 might win out on sentimentality, but the MM80 are not too bad behind either.

The one thing 601 dearly need is consistency,a consistency to the final putting together , the components , the part that will made it work proper and work along ... this is where 601 still suffering.

I am also waiting for the improved 601 and the moonman 80. I'd like to judge 80 by my self.

Ughh... I keep coming across more Chinese pens that are hitting the market and the quality keeps improving.

Has anyone tried either of these and have any thoughts about them?

"Live in you" MiTu (acrylic with Schmidt #5 nib unit):

tb2n2lzlr_0ukfjy1xaxxbkfxxa-2199056866.j

Delike Aspirin (JoWo feed with NOS Chinese nib):

TB2ZA_se26H8KJjy0FjXXaXepXa_!!81296406.j

TB2xmm_e_nI8KJjSszgXXc8ApXa_!!81296406.j

Babeli:

TB2pPadmhHI8KJjy1zbXXaxdpXa_!!81296406.j

I forgot to ask a very important question... with the MM80 take the nib and feed unit of the Parker 45?

That would be a big plus!

Edited by TruthPil