• Mech-for-i

• Helen350

• truthpil

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

AWWWWWWWWWW NAWWWWWWWWW!!!! :crybaby: :crybaby:

No pen funds until after my mid Oct holiday :wallbash: :wallbash:

Mech-for-i

I believe you may have opened a can of worms.

Get a load of these guys, available on ebay China.

fpn_1506087396__zbbs2.jpg

They just had to do one of these didn't they

fpn_1506087470__zbbs1.jpg

An original design, hand made acrylic pen with such beauty for £20 shipped.

LAURA! (shouts) CANCEL THAT HOLIDAY

Actually they add 2 more pattern to the lineup with the introduction of the model 308 ... ( grinning devilishly )

Hahaha Rub it in why don't you. :D

I particularly like the section/cap/threads set up, with the threads on the front of the sculpted section.

Asa pens had a similar set up on one of their pens, which I liked, I think it may have been the Nauka.

Folks are regularly saying that Chinese pens lack originality.

WELL! HELLO

Ian

AWWWWWWWWWW NAWWWWWWWWW!!!! :crybaby: :crybaby:

No pen funds until after my mid Oct holiday :wallbash: :wallbash:

Mech-for-i

I believe you may have opened a can of worms.

Get a load of these guys, available on ebay China.

fpn_1506087396__zbbs2.jpg

They just had to do one of these didn't they

fpn_1506087470__zbbs1.jpg

An original design, hand made acrylic pen with such beauty for £20 shipped.

LAURA! (shouts) CANCEL THAT HOLIDAY

I just received mine today! I got it from taobao using an agent, final price is about the same. I got the teal one (there were not many options available)

As Mech-for-i mentioned, the tip is slightly bent upwards and overall it gives a quality feeling for the price paid.

Since there are people talking about it, I figure I show my PenBBS Type 266 model 308 in the Cedrus acrylic pattern ( sorry for the exposure, need to tone it down so the color and the golden sparkle in the light brown swirl would show )

37208939932_a69f9116e9_k.jpgPenBBS Type 266 model 308 Cedrus by Mech for i, on Flickr

Mech, I like the looks of that pen!!! I've been trying to stay away from pen purchasing (at least for awhile), but this is really a temptation B)

I just received mine today! I got it from taobao using an agent, final price is about the same. I got the teal one (there were not many options available)

As Mech-for-i mentioned, the tip is slightly bent upwards and overall it gives a quality feeling for the price paid.

Those are totally unfair! :blush: :blush: I want one - I want one. :gaah:

I am thinking about the Jinhao 886 too (great video review MontPelikan!)

Mine is a 0.7mm cursive italic ordered from an ebay seller in Singapore who is regrinding the the nibs of various Chinese pens before offering them up for auction. No one bid against me so I got a bargain - which is kinda sad - because the nib is nicely done. I also received a handwritten note with little illustrations showing how the pen is best held.

post-132839-0-08183100-1506213659_thumb.jpg

Edited by AmandaW

Will work for pens... :unsure:

Yes

I have a few, all older 80s-90s pens, which write well enough, but are not even close to the quality of the 3 pens you have been considering.

I can't speak for the "new" Wing Sungs as not being a big demonstrator fan I have not indulged as of yet, but they have had positive reviews by many of the folks on here.

Ian

my order wing sung 698 just arrived few days ago but i mistakenly order EF nib and i really dont like EF nib. i dont know what to do now haha. if only i buy it with F nib, i would gladly using it as everyday pen.

my order wing sung 698 just arrived few days ago but i mistakenly order EF nib and i really dont like EF nib. i dont know what to do now haha. if only i buy it with F nib, i would gladly using it as everyday pen.

I made the same mistake ordering Penton F12s, but they use a standard #5 nib.

The 698 uses a pilot style nib (metropolitan, plumix, kakuno). Pilot doesn't sell spare nibs, but Wing Sung does:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/3-Wings-659-Fountain-Pen-Spare-Nib-Replacement-Nibs-Fine-Perfectly-For-Pilot-78G-/401089324697

Some other vendors may be cheaper, but I like mentag, he is a good vendor. The listing description and photos are confusing. You get three nibs - so you can custom grind a couple and keep a spare fine.

Edited by frankb3

7j,

The Wingsung 659 uses nibs that interchange with the 698. The 659 often comes with two nibs, an F and an EF, so you could swap one with the Wingsung 698. Also, Wingsung 3001A nibs interchange with the 698. But I have only seen the 3001A nibs in EF. Both the Wingsung 659 and 3001A cost considerably less than the 698.

Great username, by the way, 7j !

Ian,

Thank you for pointing out those Nauka-like forward threads on the Penbbs 266. It looks like the original 266 offers them, but the Penbbs 266 Model 308 has the threads in the more conventional location.

Reviews and articles on Fountain Pen Network

CHINA, JAPAN, AND INDIA

Hua Hong Blue Belter | Penbbs 456 | Stationery | ASA Nauka in Dartmoor and Ebonite | ASA Azaadi | ASA Bheeshma | ASA Halwa | Ranga Model 8 and 8b | Ranga Emperor

ITALY AND THE UK

FILCAO Roxi | FILCAO Atlantica | Italix Churchman's Prescriptor

USA, INK, AND EXPERIMENTS

Bexley Prometheus | Route 54 Motor Oil | Black Swan in Icelandic Minty Bathwater | Robert Oster Aqua | Diamine Emerald Green | Mr. Pen Radiant Blue | Three Oysters Giwa | Flex Nib Modifications | Rollstoppers

hi Ian

i love big very big pens like the MB149, which one you could recomend me in chinisse pens?

i have the Hommo Sapiens Visconti and really love it theres somo chinesse pens in that size?

many thaxs for your help

Saludos desde Mexico, "el respeto al derecho ajeno es la paz entre los hombres"

hi Ian

i love big very big pens like the MB149, which one you could recomend me in chinisse pens?

i have the Hommo Sapiens Visconti and really love it theres somo chinesse pens in that size?

many thaxs for your help

The Jinhao 159 is a cheeky copy of the MB 149.

I made the same mistake ordering Penton F12s, but they use a standard #5 nib.

The 698 uses a pilot style nib (metropolitan, plumix, kakuno). Pilot doesn't sell spare nibs, but Wing Sung does:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/3-Wings-659-Fountain-Pen-Spare-Nib-Replacement-Nibs-Fine-Perfectly-For-Pilot-78G-/401089324697

Some other vendors may be cheaper, but I like mentag, he is a good vendor. The listing description and photos are confusing. You get three nibs - so you can custom grind a couple and keep a spare fine.

OMG i dont know about that, i just sold my pen with cheaper price. what a waste haha. and now im confused to stay order new wing sung 698/618 or look to other brand like picasso 917.

7j,

The Wingsung 659 uses nibs that interchange with the 698. The 659 often comes with two nibs, an F and an EF, so you could swap one with the Wingsung 698. Also, Wingsung 3001A nibs interchange with the 698. But I have only seen the 3001A nibs in EF. Both the Wingsung 659 and 3001A cost considerably less than the 698.

Great username, by the way, 7j !

Ian,

Thank you for pointing out those Nauka-like forward threads on the Penbbs 266. It looks like the original 266 offers them, but the Penbbs 266 Model 308 has the threads in the more conventional location.

if only you guys replied my post faster, maybe my ex-pen still with me hahaha. thank you for the explanation both of you also i just lucky with my username thank you for the compliment mr bob, have a nice day.

maybe you can help me to decide what new chinese pen i should buy.

ps: already have pilot metro.

The Jinhao 159 is a cheeky copy of the MB 149.

Yip, the 159 would meet your "big pen" needs.

Also

Have a look at the Yiren 827

It's a hefty pen and looks somewhat Homo Sapien-esque, good pen too. :thumbup:

Ian

Rose Gold Wing Sung 235, and further education.

My much anticipated Wing Sung 235 with the triumph style nib arrived on Saturday morning, and a clamber to the doormat ensued. (It’s usually a race between myself, the dog, and my son Lewis)

On this occasion, I was the victor.

I retained the package that I knew to be a pen, and handed the rest to Lewis.

I’m going to be brutally honest, and state that when I opened the package and took the pen out, I was somewhat disappointed.

It was light, very light, in fact very, very light, and as my normal preference is for larger, girthier, heftier pens, I didn’t hold out much hope.

It was quite a nice looking pen, with the Rose Gold being particularly striking, but it weighed next to nothing, as the metal felt like aluminium or some such flimsy alloy or material, and certainly wasn’t abound with robustitude.

fpn_1506433751__wing_sung_235_1.jpg

Anyway, as the pen was bought for the nib, I uncapped it for a look and was suitably impressed, as the nib is indeed a gorgeous looking thing, with the tip being ever so slightly upturned, as is the norm with Chinese pens produced for writing (thanks Mech-for-I).

Now as I have stated previously, I am not really a fan of fine nibs, and prefer broads, or italics, but hey, I love pens of all shapes and sizes so why not nibs of all shapes and sizes and I was remaining open minded, also, the pen did look particularly nice posted.

fpn_1506433807__wing_sung_235_nib.jpg

fpn_1506433842__wing_sung_235_nib_2.jpg

So where are we at?

Ok

I have a very, very light pen (I’m not keen on lightweight pens generally)

It has a flimsy, going to dent/scratch/fall apart easily feeling about it (I prefer robust pens, with a feeling of solidity and lastability)

It has a fine nib (I generally like blah, blah, blah, you get the picture)

So, all in all, not looking particularly promising, and the pen very nearly went straight into the pen wallet unlinked, but for a wee voice in my head saying

“c’mon big man, give the wee pen a chance”

fpn_1506433900__wsw1.jpg

Oh My!

It was like a completely different writing experience to anything I had encountered previously.

All along I had been going about this “don’t like fine nibs” thing completely wrong.

Most, if not all, of my fine nibs tend to be in heavier, bulkier pens and that’s where I’ve been falling over.

For me, this piece of further education has taught me that…

Fine nib + featherweight pen = WOW!

fpn_1506433947__wsw2.jpg

I genuinely feel that I have discovered something new, and I am having difficulty keeping my hands off the pen.

I never, ever, thought I’d be this enthused over a pen with a fine nib.

Is it the pen?

Is it the nib?

Is it the weight, or lack of?

Or is it the whole writing experience, with the combination of all of the above, that makes it so different and enjoyable?

Who knows? but I know 1 thing......I'M LUVVIN' IT. :thumbup:

fpn_1506434066__wsw3.jpg

fpn_1506434118__wing_sung_235_2.jpg

Ian

Hey, there seems to be a clue that the nib on the Wing Sung 235 is MADE IN CHINA.

Nice photography as always. “Abound with robustitude.” You Scots excel in the linguistitudinal arts.

Reviews and articles on Fountain Pen Network

CHINA, JAPAN, AND INDIA

Hua Hong Blue Belter | Penbbs 456 | Stationery | ASA Nauka in Dartmoor and Ebonite | ASA Azaadi | ASA Bheeshma | ASA Halwa | Ranga Model 8 and 8b | Ranga Emperor

ITALY AND THE UK

FILCAO Roxi | FILCAO Atlantica | Italix Churchman's Prescriptor

USA, INK, AND EXPERIMENTS

Bexley Prometheus | Route 54 Motor Oil | Black Swan in Icelandic Minty Bathwater | Robert Oster Aqua | Diamine Emerald Green | Mr. Pen Radiant Blue | Three Oysters Giwa | Flex Nib Modifications | Rollstoppers

:D :D :D

Thanks Bob, I sometimes wonder if folks read my ramblings, and think "Eh! What is this madman talking about"

And you're right, there's no iridium tipped Germany caper going on with this nib :D I do believe it was Made in China.

I'm suitably impressed with this pen and nib, to the extent that there are a couple of further lighweight triumph nibbed Johnnies in the pipeline.

I knew Mech-for-i had started something.

Ian