The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Which Pen? Can't Make Up My Mind!

pilot premium sailor lamy prera cool balance procolor

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#21 AndyYNWA

AndyYNWA

Collectors Item

• FPN Supporter - Rhodium

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,423 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 August 2015 - 06:16

The con-20 is ugly, crude, and you can't see the ink remaining, but it holds more ink than the Con-50, and works reasonably well. The Con-50 is cooler, looks good in a clear pen, you can see the ink level...but doesn't hold a lot of ink. The good news is that if you are going to use the fine nib, you're not going to be going through ink fast.

Being able to see how much ink is in the converter is quite important to me. I guess the CON-20 would make me frustrated..

YNWA     JFT96

Instagram: inkyandy

Sponsored Content

#22 sirgilbert357

sirgilbert357

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,690 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 August 2015 - 16:57

The best of both worlds is to just use a Pilot cartridge...they are easily refillable, clear and hold way more ink than the CON-50. Either use the ink in them and then rinse and fill with your choice or dump them out and go from there...this is what I do in my Pilot Decimo. Much better than the piddly .5 ml capacity of the CON-50.

Edited by sirgilbert357, 20 August 2015 - 16:58.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pilot, premium, sailor, lamy, prera, cool, balance, procolor

Sponsored Content

|