sannidh

Nice review and beautiful pen!

I really like the smooth transition from section to barrel.

I like that too, the woodwork and the metalwork are very well synced for this pen. Thank you littala.

You have come to earth to entertain and to be entertained - P.Y

Some Pen & Paraphernalia Reviews

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sannidh

• Dhruv_Sood

• maverink

• hari317

What a beauty! I'm hankering for a wooden pen and have been thinking of posting a thread asking for suggestions. This one would be in for some serious consideration were it not above my price point. :puddle:

Conid R DCB DB FT Ti & Montblanc 146 stub nib | Lamy 2000; Vista | Montblanc 90th Anni Legrand | Pelikan M800 Burnt Orange; M805 Stresemann | Pilot Prera; VP Guilloche | Visconti Fiorenza Lava LE; Homo Sapiens Bronze

What a beauty! I'm hankering for a wooden pen and have been thinking of posting a thread asking for suggestions. This one would be in for some serious consideration were it not above my price point. :puddle:

Thank you so much. I think it was maverink who mentioned the pilot kaede, with a size#10 nib. Is quite a value for money pen for USD 130-140.

Another superb review by the excellent soniknitr. Congratulations on your new pen.

Your photographs, passion for pens, and commentary, always makes for a great presentation. :)

Whilst it isn't difficult to appreciate such pens, I personally have a (mental) problem with the lack of piston-fillers; my much preferred filling system.

I have just one Nakaya (portable writer) and a Platinum President and, as well as they write, they tend to find themselves quickly relegated to their boxes. The President in particular feels as though its nib is much more deserving of a better quality pen body, whilst my Nakaya feels as though it is more deserving of a better filling system (my stupid prejudices :blush: ).

However, your excellent review and the subsequent comments have served to remind me that those two Japanese pens of mine, have gone unused for far too long and as such, given time, I shall look to rescue them from their boxes this evening and give those nibs a well deserved run out.

Thank you for sharing so generously soniknitr.

Pavoni.

Another superb review by the excellent soniknitr. Congratulations on your new pen.

Your photographs, passion for pens, and commentary, always makes for a great presentation. :)

Whilst it isn't difficult to appreciate such pens, I personally have a (mental) problem with the lack of piston-fillers; my much preferred filling system.

I have just one Nakaya (portable writer) and a Platinum President and, as well as they write, they tend to find themselves quickly relegated to their boxes. The President in particular feels as though its nib is much more deserving of a better quality pen body, whilst my Nakaya feels as though it is more deserving of a better filling system (my stupid prejudices :blush: ).

However, your excellent review and the subsequent comments have served to remind me that those two Japanese pens of mine, have gone unused for far too long and as such, given time, I shall look to rescue them from their boxes this evening and give those nibs a well deserved run out.

Pavoni.

Pavoni.

I too share some of your prejudice & always carry a piston-filler in my pen case which holds a lot of my preferred ink. Not very sure about the president, but I guess your Nakaya deserves another second chance :rolleyes: (Platinum Cartridges could carry some more ink, but I am not sure if your prefer those) . Hope the rescue operation worked :)

I always love to read your posts multiple times, since they always tell a story from a different perspective.

Thank you for your gracious feedback Pavoni.

One more thing pilot has going for it as compared to platinum/Nakaya. Bigger converters which hold more ink. It won't bother the EF/F Nib users much like me but with BB or C nibs, they tend to finish that 0.6ml pretty fast.

You can't just keep using cartridges since they aren't very cost effective in the long term. I still have all 10 cartridges from Nakaya lying unused whereas I haven't used any other ink apart from Pilot Iroshizuku tsuki-yo in it. That's gonna change soon though since I am getting 11 different sailor inks tomorrow or on Monday. :)

Edited by Dhruv_Sood

One more thing pilot has going for it as compared to platinum/Nakaya. Bigger converters which hold more ink. It won't bother the EF/F Nib users much like me but with BB or C nibs, they tend to finish that 0.6ml pretty fast.

You can't just keep using cartridges since they aren't very cost effective in the long term. I still have all 10 cartridges from Nakaya lying unused whereas I haven't used any other ink apart from Pilot Iroshizuku tsuki-yo in it. That's gonna change soon though since I am getting 11 different sailor inks tomorrow or on Monday. :)

You are right for the CON-70 one, but with 11 different sailor inks :puddle: , you might like platinum converters more.

Edited by soniknitr

sonik you are bang on target about the platinum convertor it stores less ink and hence you can change inks frequently wish they gave more choices on converters like pilot

Pilot custom heritage 74 all nibs, 742 Fa and PO nibs, 823 F 92 F,M, 3776 FM,EF,1911F

And all indian pens

I have one for myself and it is a stunning pen for sure

These pens are very reliable and never had ink feed problems

Althought the feeder is plastic , the ink feeding works perfect , much better than quite some ebonite bla bla feeders that should perform better!

sonik you are bang on target about the platinum convertor it stores less ink and hence you can change inks frequently wish they gave more choices on converters like pilot

Ravi, I am not sure if a Schmidt converter be used with the international adapters which came with platinum pens earlier. They were meant to take international short cartridges. They could give upto 0.9 - 1 mL capacity. (same as FCD ones).

I have one for myself and it is a stunning pen for sure

These pens are very reliable and never had ink feed problems

Althought the feeder is plastic , the ink feeding works perfect , much better than quite some ebonite bla bla feeders that should perform better!

That's true for sure. Pen's a stunner.

You are right for the CON-70 one, but with 11 different sailor inks :puddle: , you might like platinum converters more.

I thought you would like to see this, just came in half an hour ago.

http://i.minus.com/j6OewzyN4bw2G.JPG

I thought you would like to see this, just came in half an hour ago.

http://i.minus.com/j6OewzyN4bw2G.JPG

That's quite a stack!! :rolleyes: Guess the first 2 are pigment inks..

Yep, the dark blue and black boxes are for pigment inks. :)

Should have ordered 4 more, would have been able to make a perfect pyramid. ;)

nice ink haul @dhruv whats the source pricing n shipping cost,

Pilot custom heritage 74 all nibs, 742 Fa and PO nibs, 823 F 92 F,M, 3776 FM,EF,1911F

And all indian pens

^send me a PM if you want to know. No more derailing the thread.

@soniknitr: can I fill the platinum converter with a syringe like the one used to give shots by the doctor?

I have a few samples in vials which too less to dip the converter or nib but can be easily taken via syringe.

Inexplicably, I occasionally lose my senses and buy pens that I really don't need; hard to imagine, I know. Over the past 3-4 years, I have collected all of the pens in the Izumo line and don't regret doing so at all...nope, not even the tiniest pang of regret...

You've done well my friend...

May you and those you love, be always blessed with peace and never ending joy.

Roger

^send me a PM if you want to know. No more derailing the thread.

@soniknitr: can I fill the platinum converter with a syringe like the one used to give shots by the doctor?

I have a few samples in vials which too less to dip the converter or nib but can be easily taken via syringe.

I guess you can, I did the same with pilot converter :)