The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Looking For A Well-Behaved Black Ink For A Fine Nib?

black ink wet monteverde

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 KnightsWritingCo

KnightsWritingCo

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 August 2015 - 20:44

I've personally had recent success with J. Herbin's Perle Noire with a fine nib. I like this black as it is quite fluid with some shading. I find the ink fairly watery. For a much darker (to my eye at least) black I do like Waterman's Intense Black. But I do have a particular affinity to Pilot Namiki Black I have to say. I love it with any nib type - again to my eye it just seems like a super dark luscious black and lays itself down on the paper really nicely.

Graeme M Knight 

Sponsored Content

#22 weltyj

weltyj

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 90 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 August 2015 - 20:59

+1 for Perle Noire. There are blacker blacks out there and more waterproof inks and much wetter inks, but as an all purpose black which behaves well under any circumstances I've found no better ink.

another +1, especially for a fine nib.

#23 torstar

torstar

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,243 posts

Posted 25 August 2015 - 21:07

Aurora has never given me a problem.  Neither has Waterman (but it isn't the best shade of black...)

#24 FinalEleven

FinalEleven

Ultimate Despair

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 207 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 August 2015 - 00:56

Sailor Kiwa-guro.

Very lubricating, water-proof, color-fast; never had difficulty cleaning it out of any pen myself.

Pilot Iroshizuku Take-sumi is another fine choice. A wet ink that is water resistant and, much like Sailor Kiwa-guro, this black ink has a lot of depth and shading. These are my current go-to black inks.

+1 on Both Inks.

I currently have Take-Sumi in my Parker Vacumatic. They're both very good acting black inks.

Those who hurt me were not only someone else,
but also those who pretended not to notice. It was my friend.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: black, ink, wet, monteverde

Sponsored Content

|