Tool Box With Drawers

FOUR X FOUR

Clean that puppy up and let's see some pics

Not the best picture in the world, but here it is. It's going to work great for me, although I may need to buy some of those pen holder insert thingies. I did the cardstock fan fold which works fine, but I find sort of tedious.

i-9dfPSkz-X2.jpg

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FOUR X FOUR

• PaperQueen

• TheOtherBart

• fountainpagan

Ooooooh.... I like this. Will be tuning in as well. Do you mind if I ask how you got the hardware off?

Ditto to what LuMA asked---was it difficult removing the hardware?

Why are there fourteen samples of dark plum ink on my desk? Because I still haven't found the right shade.

Is that a problem...??? : : : sigh : : :

Update: Great. Finally found one I love (Lamy Dark Lilac) but I can't get more. Ah, life in my inky world....

fpn_1441293505__wood_tool_chest.jpg

Looks like I'm in...! :bunny01:

EDIT:

If you purchase one of these at the store (Harbor Freight, in my case), be sure to open it up, completely, and inspect it before paying. Mine had obviously been dropped (from the roof?), breaking off the drawer guides for the bottom two drawers, wedging the drawers in at such a tight, steep angle, they'd be impossible to remove without further damage.

Also...for LuMA and anyone else wondering....

All hardware is attached using Phillps head screws. Will be very easy to remove, then reattach, if you're planning to paint or refinish.

Edited by PaperQueen

Why are there fourteen samples of dark plum ink on my desk? Because I still haven't found the right shade.

Update: Great. Finally found one I love (Lamy Dark Lilac) but I can't get more. Ah, life in my inky world....

• 2 months later...

Alrighty, hers a very small update. I generally pretty busy with other things, like trying to take over the world that I just don't have that much time to devote to pen casesattachicon.gifimage.jpg Sky Boo my Saint Bernard had to approve this one before I could upload it.attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Tomorrow, if I can I will buy some black paint, for the inside. Then things oughta start taking shapeattachicon.gifimage.jpg

FOUR X FOUR, the suspense is killing me. How's the pen cabinet coming along? Would love to see photos. :happyberet:

Hey PaperQueen. I'm sorry. This project wound up taking a backseat. Here are a few pics of where it is now. It looks pretty ruff, right now but it's coming. The hardware is going to be a matte finish. Similar to the color of a charcoal Lamy.

Not the best picture in the world, but here it is. It's going to work great for me, although I may need to buy some of those pen holder insert thingies. I did the cardstock fan fold which works fine, but I find sort of tedious.

i-9dfPSkz-X2.jpg

This looks just like mine. Only a different color

This looks just like mine. Only a different color

Very similar, but mine is all steel with a brown wrinkle-coat finish. It's exactly the same Kennedy box all the machinists had back when I was in aerospace engineering.

Due to a couple of family events, mine took a back seat too (yes, I'm going to keep this, plus the inherited "pen condo" so the non-fountain pens have a home). Just need an extra eight hours each day....

Thanks for the update, FOUR X FOUR!

(To see the "pen condo," check out post #15, here.)

Edited by PaperQueen

• 2 weeks later...

Thanx, PaperQueen. Your case is pretty sweet. I changed my mind on the color. The red is nice but it's too loud. My previous pics were of the finish color. The color was matte because I sanded between coats. I'm gonna go with blue. I primed everything again. I'll sand everything with 320 grit and then spray the blue. The finished product will be matte. The red would have been hi gloss. For this, I think matte is better. The hardware is already sprayed. The few pieces in these pics are their color. Dark grey.

I'm sorry about that, everybody. I keep forgetting to turn the iPad side ways when I take the picture

You've been busy, FOUR X FOUR! The case is looking great; anxious to see it finished with hardware attached.

Thanks for sharing the pics---it's fun to watch the birth of a fabulous new pen cabinet. :)

I'm sorry about that, everybody. I keep forgetting to turn the iPad side ways when I take the picture

Easy fix on the iPad:

1. Photos app > locate the photo

2. Tap Edit

3. Tap the Cropping icon (looks like a couple of corner squares with tiny arrows around them)

4. Look for the little white square with one counterclockwise arrow above it (will be in the black area, outside your photo)

5. Tapping it will rotate the image 90 degrees counterclockwise. Keep tapping until the image is right side up

6. When finished, tap Done

Ta-da! Perfection. :)