The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Twsbi Eco Cap Falling Off

twsbi eco cap

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#61 Drone

Drone

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,433 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 April 2016 - 03:21

Hi, The all clear TWSBI Eco is out...

Has anyone done a comparison between the new and old models to see if TWSBI did anything to fix the cap posting problem? Or did TWSBI just pretend the problem doesn't exist?

From the pictures I've seen the new and old pens seem identical. But it wouldn't take much for TWSBI to change the barrel dimensions slightly to fix the posting problem, a change that would be impossible to see on a Web site photo.

Thanks, David

Sponsored Content

#62 Lamyrada

Lamyrada

Super Witch

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 580 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 April 2016 - 16:05

Push the cap all the way down until you find it encounters a "damp" resistance, like gummy-bear-like. The cap never come sout after months and moths of use.it is not meant to be capped, either... And I think it looks odd when capped.

#63 Jamerelbe

Jamerelbe

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,670 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 April 2016 - 03:15

Push the cap all the way down until you find it encounters a "damp" resistance, like gummy-bear-like. The cap never come sout after months and moths of use.it is not meant to be capped, either... And I think it looks odd when capped.

"Not meant to be capped"?? Then why do they have the O-ring to hold the cap firmly in place? It is *designed*to be posted, for those who wish to do so but on some pens the air seal produced by the O-ring causes a build up of air pressure, and the cap comes off. I haven't experienced this on my Ecos, but it appears to be a problem for some!

#64 prashant.tikekar

prashant.tikekar

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 641 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 April 2016 - 05:39

Yes it is designed to be posted. But when posted, weight of cap makes end heavy. So I find it unbalanced for my hand. So I use mine unposted. Plus it is nicely balanced unposted.

Edited by prashant.tikekar, 22 April 2016 - 07:08.

#65 T4TEXAS

T4TEXAS

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 634 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 April 2016 - 06:43

I have a hard time imagining anyone - even with large hands - finding it comfortable to write with posted. This would be a non-issue, except for the ring.

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club."

- Jack London

SnailBadge.png

#66 Srestrepo1112

Srestrepo1112

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 April 2016 - 09:25

I use my ecos posted. I also post my 580's but I also have very large hands.

My gripe with posting the eco is that when you post the cap, the o ring might trap enough air to prevent secure posting. This does not create an air tight seal however. My strategy has always been to push the cap down and hold it if only for a second to allow some of that air pressure to release or even neutralize. At this point the o ring provides enough friction for the cap to stay in place.

The design elements are there for posting and understandably this isn't ideal for all, but for me it's the most comfortable way to write.

#67 DriftingSands

DriftingSands

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 22 April 2016 - 09:28

I find the Eco to be most balanced when posted. As of now, I still haven't had any issues with cap jumping off.

#68 WingFPN

WingFPN

Dipped Only

• Member - Bronze

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 July 2016 - 07:55

Has anyone considered risking a mod to the pen to fix this? One could grind a small hollow inline to the body under the o-ring to make it less air tight.

Edited by WingFPN, 04 July 2016 - 07:57.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: twsbi, eco, cap

Sponsored Content

|