Top Posters In This Topic

• pb2

• MCN

• rafapa

• fitz123

Top Posters In This Topic

Noodler's Liberty Elysium

~Epic

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1348/557449480_2f02cc3cbb_m.jpg http://null.aleturo.com/Dumatborlon/Badges/5EH4/letter.png

A sincere man am I
From the land where palm trees grow,
And I want before I die
My soul's verses to bestow.

All those moments will be lost in time.
Like tears in rain.
Time to die.

(also J. Herbin Bleu Pervenche is not that far off)

But the top in class is Sailor Jentle Sky High. The only ink I have ever hoarded.

So long as I have Sky High my bottle of Kon-peki will sit unused. I used to keep a Pelikan loaded with Kon-peki but threw in the towel and put Sailor in that now too.

Looking for a cap for a Sheaffer Touchdown Sentinel Deluxe Fat version

In addition to Souten, Kobe #17 Shioya Blue, made by Sailor and available on eBay, is also a lovely ink. Both are, IMHO, superior to Kon-peki.

Pelikan Edelstein Topaz

I found Topaz or Diamine Florida Blue or Diamine Mediterranean Blue very very close to kon peki.

• 1 year later...

Hey pen friends ~

I made a 2 color mix 2 days ago I am calling "Nifty Blue". It is very close to the amazing and wonderful color kon-peki, so I thought it might be worth sharing.

Nifty Blue is almost as nice as kon-peki and has the added factor of being more "nifty" in a few ways that I appreciate as a Nibsta' :happyberet: , and you might enjoy as well.

Cheifly:

It is washable. Comes off with Lava soap and a Tweezerman nail brush so I can go through the evenings without admiring my lovely blue fingers.

Secondly:

It is a lot less expensive. Cost comparison: 100ml (two 50ml bottles) for @ $25 as opposed to one 50ml bottle for @ $25. Markedly cool.

and, C:

I find that it has great qualities regarding flow, dry time, and rather nice shading (minus the red overtones of some of the denser blue inks). One of y'all brainiacs might like to figure out the PH, but to quote my dear friend and mentor, Sir Richard Binder, "I've never had a problem mixing two Waterman inks together." I suspect the PH is quite fine.

So.....

Pendleton's Nifty Blue recipe:

Equal parts of:

Waterman Myterious Blue + Waterman Obsession Blue = Pendleton's Nifty Blue

I recommend pouring both bottles of Waterman into a measuring cup with spout and then refilling both bottles with the mix and relabeling.

Perhaps one of FPNs several very qualified, inktelligent review gurus would enjoy giving it a proper review (a task I am not qualified for). Hopefully they will confirm at least one or two of my observations.

Love, peace and joy to you all ~

Pendleton

Oops ... had photos below that are not showing. will have to rely on the kindness of the ink-minded. :)

Pendleton's NIfty Blue Iroshizuku's kon-peki

pendletonspens.com

~ May the Lord smile on you ~