Lust!

missuslovett

What pens are you lusting after? I don't just mean those out of budget masterpieces glittering in the fantasy realm but the, "Yes, I must have one of those" pens that get put on the to-do list because they look gorgeous or because you've heard so much about them. I collect mostly vintage pens and I must admit I'm a sucker for pretty colours. Here's my lust list, in no particular order:

Another wing nib Montblanc 252

Conway Stewart 'Cracked Ice' pattern

Wahl Eversharp Skyline 'Derby top'

Sheaffer Balance - preferably something pretty!

Swan SF 'Lapis' pattern

The Moore Pen (some lovely nibs)

Pelikan Souvran

Soeneckkan piston filler

Namiki Falcon

Parker Vacumatic

Waterman Carene

Actually there are many more than this but they're not necessarily expensive, they just need to be in my hands, scribbling. Some might stick, some might not but...well, you know how it is :)

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• missuslovett

• Cob

• mouzhik

• wastelanded

Pelikan pink M600. Pre-ordered and waiting (im)patiently.

Life's too short to use crappy pens.  -carlos.q

1. Scriptorium custom...or an Idyll if the design doesn't work out. Tomahawked broad cursive italic.

2. FC Intrinsic, probably with a broad Masuyama cursive italic.

I've got a foolish interest in getting a Waterman Edson, an OMAS 360 of the older shape, and one of the early Lucite-bodied Waterman Hundred Year Pens.

Ravensmarch Pens & Books
It's mainly pens, just now....

Oh, good heavens. He's got a blog now, too.

fpn_1465330536__hwabutton.jpg

Sees the new special edition M800, instantly lusts.

http://www.pelikanpens.co.uk/acatalog/M800BurntOrange.jpg

Then looks down at what's currently on my desk...

http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u11/davidfielding3832/IMAG0785.jpg

HURR DURR I SUPPOSE.

Edited by Namru

I am lusting after the custom Edison Beaumont that I just ordered. It's going to be a long two months waiting for it.

Fountain pens forever and forever a hundred years fountain pens, all day long forever, forever a hundred times, over and over Fountain Pen Network Adventures dot com!

- Joe

Emerald Pearl Vacumatic (any size but Maxima)

Green Vacumatic Shadow Wave (any size but Maxima)

Burgundy Shadow Wav (any size but Maxima)

Blue Vacufold/Duovac/Laidtone [or whatever the heck they're called]

Pelikan M400 Striated Blue

Pelikan M600 (the new Pink one)

Edison Herald Copper Flake

Vanishing Point in Metallic Purple, Gun Metal Grey, or one of the (very pricy) raden finishes

Also (this is more of a wish list) some not currently on the market:

ebonite Konrad in some of the new colors that the Neponsets are coming out in

Pelikan M400 in the Stressemann color-way (the grey one -- gorgeous and classy but the M800s are too expensive and also too big for my hand

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Swan L245/62

Cob

I've just had a look at one of these. Goodness what a lovely thing! *adds to own list* :)

I'd also like to get my hands on an M400 and an Edson but my budget is in flux and I'm too busy running around with my hands outstretched trying to grab all the nice things! Must have more discipline (yeah, right).

I've just realised I need a Namiki Pilot Myu 701. In silver. Obvs.

It has not been raining money lately, just men.

Grail pens: a Soennecken 111 Extra in Herring bone....not black. Was said by Lambrau the best pen of the '50's ahead of Snorkel and MB 146-9. Last seen (out side some idiot wanting €1,000 buy now for a black and silver) , going for €500 about 3 years ago.

(There was a lady here with all 6 colors of the Herringbone....there is only three colors I'm interested in.)

A '30's Osmia Supra Deluxe, that went for twice as much as I could as I bid....three years ago for €350.

Both pens were up about the same time. That was back when € 70 was my limit.

I seldom buy pens any more having over 50....so my limit has gone up.

Join the Pen of the Quarter in the Mail Club....not pen of the month or pen of the week.

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm300/BoBoOlson/B01Jfw2kKGrHqRg4Ew5FYulSBMcCgocBw_12_zpsb63405fa.jpg

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm300/BoBoOlson/B01JREwEWkKGrHqNjUEpeRZ0OLBMcCW45dIg_12_zps27e5444f.jpg

'

Edited by Bo Bo Olson

In reference to P. T. Barnum; to advise for free is foolish, ........busybodies are ill liked by both factions.

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.

LUST is one of the Five Deadly Sins.

I took GREED and GLUTTONY off my list. They are too much fun.

Auf freiem Grund mit freiem Volke stehn.
Zum Augenblicke dürft ich sagen:
Verweile doch, du bist so schön !

I've just had a look at one of these. Goodness what a lovely thing! *adds to own list* :)

Ha ha; well one can always trust Mabie Todd!

Cob

fpn_1428963683__6s.jpg “The pen of the British Empire” fpn_1423349537__swan_sign_is.jpg

I know, it's rather trivial, but I have just started my collection, so a Montblanc Meisterstück 149 or even 146 would perfectly do for me... :rolleyes:

I know, it's rather trivial, but I have just started my collection, so a Montblanc Meisterstück 149 or even 146 would perfectly do for me... :rolleyes:

Nothing trivial about that. Those are both on my list as well. The vintage MBs are especially beautiful and the carrot of actually being able to afford one dangles helpfully.

LUST in not on my deadly sin list; it's too embedded in my personal mission statement. :D

@ Bo Bo Olsen - Dear God! What a thing of beauty is that Osmia! That combines GREED and LUST and JEALOUSY into a perfect sin shaped storm... I have to lie down now.

Yes, that Osmia is very special indeed. I do have a soft spot for Osmias; I have three: a pre-war 226 a Frankenpen with a huge English Jewel nib, a 223 with the wrong clip and a 884B with the wrong cap...

I would like to get my hands on a 448 but they never seem to come up.

Cob

fpn_1428963683__6s.jpg “The pen of the British Empire” fpn_1423349537__swan_sign_is.jpg

They weren't on my shopping list, until now. There are so many beautiful pens. It's strange but the pen that started all this is still actually one of the finest I've handled. Though I admit I haven't many years of experience collecting, the lovely no-name green stripe celluloid I first tested the waters with proves to me again and again what a darling he is. It has a monster 14k No.6 nib that makes me swoon when I pick it up. Sadly I don't use it as much as I should because the line it delivers goes through all but the best quality paper! As I anthropomorphise everything, I've decided he's a snob. It's not on any list, finding it was just the purest luck. The pens that come and go are often measured against Noname and some fine makes are found wanting.

I'd dearly love an azure Vacumatic with a broad nib. Even if I could afford it, I'd find a needle in a haystack easier...

"I was cut off from the world. There was no one to confuse or torment me, and I was forced to become original." - Franz Joseph Haydn 1732 - 1809

For me it would have to be this Pelikan M405:

http://www.martini.business.t-online.de/images/m405blaugestreift.jpg

I bet that's just downright gorgeous in the hand. I hope to see one at the Dallas Pen Show in Sept...

I'm not sure why I'm not a Parker fan. They are fine pens, why do I find them unappealing? The Vacumatic is one of the few I fancy a go on. I think it must be a design thing. I have really never liked the 51 or 61, though some Duofolds are quite tasty.