The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Edc Pen For Quick Annotations

edc quick notes compact pen easy to clean

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 Armand.D

Armand.D

Armand.D

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 196 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 August 2015 - 18:05

Two suggestions: Lamy Logo, same nib as the Safari etc but a slimmer, metal, body and a pull-off cap. EF is good for notes (more equal to a Fine in other brands); very reliable writer

Or Platinum PTL-5000; slim body, pull-off cap, large capacity converter, and very smooth 14K gold nib with the advantage that it's a reliable if slightly scratchy writer using the back of the nib - that gives a very thin line, great for annotating texts. Another very reliable writer even if it's been left for a while.

The Logo is probably more rugged for school use, but the Platinum is the better writer!

Thank you for the suggestions.

As just a pen to annotate, I think the logo would be more adapted.

But now I think I will go for a Prera,

Thank you !

Armand.D

Sponsored Content

#22 Koyote

Koyote

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,320 posts

Posted 11 August 2015 - 20:25

For your purpose, you want a Pilot capless pen: a Vanishing Point or Decimo. Hands down, it is the quickest-to-use pen available.

Use Pilot's blue or blue-black cartridges, which are excellent and contain ink that is virtually waterproof.

#23 mmg122

mmg122

Mary Garavaglia

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,754 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 August 2015 - 02:45

+1 for the Pilot Prera...nice looking pen, appears to be well built, slip cap, smooth writer, good ink capacity, easy to clean, handles most inks very well and reasonable price. I bought my first Prera about a month ago and liked it so much I just picked up a second one. Good size in the hand but can definitely be considered a pocket pen for transport. Good luck with your search.

#24 Armand.D

Armand.D

Armand.D

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 196 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 August 2015 - 09:53

Well, finally yesterday I've ordered a Prera black demonstrator - Medium nib on Ebay.

I don't think I will be disappointed (& talking about something more expensive I will go for a 2K soon)

So,

Thank you ! :)

Armand.D

#25 fireofspring

fireofspring

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 August 2015 - 12:42

+1 for the Pilot Decimo and Platinum Balance. 

I use the Decimo (M) for taking phone messages and quick memos, due to its one-handed operation. The Platinum Balance (M) is my go-to pen for note-taking. 

If you want a gold nib on a similar style of pen as the Platinum Balance and the Pilot Metropolitan (push-on cap, cartridge/converter, slim and comfortable to hold, not too flashy), there's also the Parker Sonnet and the Aurora Ipsilon Deluxe, both some of my favourite everyday writers. 

I'm not a big fan of the Pilot Prera tbh. Cosmetically, it's very cute and comes in a great range of colours. In the hand, however, I find it too lightweight for comfort - and that's saying something for me. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: edc, quick notes, compact pen, easy to clean

Sponsored Content

|