Elysee Pens I Need To Figure Out

alwayspete

Hi Friends,

Are there any other similar looking pens that would belong to this group of pens below? I don't know which series these pens belong to in the first place. All three of them look identical in structure. It's just the intricate designs on the body and cap that differ. I know these three and I safe keep the Elysee Art Nouveau pen (3rd). Are there more to add to the list?

Elysee Deco

http://s30.postimg.org/g6kmu5h19/Deco.jpg

Elysee Empire

http://s4.postimg.org/6uis1mvy1/Empire.jpg

http://s22.postimg.org/flnd7i0y5/Empire_2.jpg

Elysee Art Nouveau

http://s18.postimg.org/ji89yt0f9/Art_New.jpg

People who know, know that these pictures do not justify the true beauty of these pens even 50%. It would be great if anyone could shed some light on these pens. Plus including information on where can I find the first two pens for a reasonable price if possible would be great as well. I know the company closed down in 2000. How unfortunate!!! Thanks & Cheers mates!!!

Pete :")

Edited by alwayspete

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• oswaldo

• ceac

• alwayspete

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Pete,

To my best knowledge the model is the Elysee Line 60. The Art Deco, Art Nouveau and Empire are the only 3 in that particular finish.

I know of 3 other similar 'special finishes' in brushed metal with gold plated accents ... World Map, Sports (tennis figures) and Golf

Best,

Cees

Hi Pete,

To my best knowledge the model is the Elysee Line 60. The Art Deco, Art Nouveau and Empire are the only 3 in that particular finish.

I know of 3 other similar 'special finishes' in brushed metal with gold plated accents ... World Map, Sports (tennis figures) and Golf

Best,

Cees

Thank you very much, first for reading and second for sharing your wisdom with me. So Line 60 must be the early 80's, right? Are you a Elysee fan? Ooh... do I have great affection for the finishes these pens have!?! These photos certainly do not justify their true beauty. Have you handled one of these my friend? I just recently got to know the existence of the other two pens - The Art Deco & Empire. So I'm trying to find them now. Apparently a bit too late. Appears to be that they are very tough ones to spot on the market these days! Sadly I lost my old case of the Art Nouveau. :"( Thank you for the additional info on the other three pens. Luckily I've seen them online at least!

Do you know of another Elysee pen called the Dynamic? I was told that this pen also belongs to the Elysee Line 60 series. The finish is Gunmetal & gold... I think. I tried for a picture online. Couldn't find it anywhere! If you do happen to have this pen or even a picture of it, could you please post it here? Take care & Cheers mate!!!

Edited by alwayspete

• 4 months later...

Hi Pete,

Best,

Cees

Dear ceac,

I'm a newcomer to this wonderful site and somewhat new to the fountains pens world as well. I've found this Elysee set - see it attached - in a local online store. I see you have good knowledge on the Elysees, - a lot more than me anyway :rolleyes: - so I though perhaps you can identify the model from the picture. The photo is blurred so is difficult to see the pattern if there's any, the vendor has said it is golden with longitudinal strips. Could you have any idea? Thanks in advance.

Hi Oswaldo,

It's hard to tell from these pictures; Elysee pens tend to look a lot alike :-)

Some good info info on Elysee is found in this thread ... https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/165455-anyone-heard-of-elysee-fountain-pens/page-1

Also Penhero.com is good place to start your search ... http://penhero.com/PenGallery/Elysee/Elysee.htm

Cheers,

Cees

Hi Oswaldo,

It's hard to tell from these pictures; Elysee pens tend to look a lot alike :-)

Some good info info on Elysee is found in this thread ... https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/165455-anyone-heard-of-elysee-fountain-pens/page-1

Also Penhero.com is good place to start your search ... http://penhero.com/PenGallery/Elysee/Elysee.htm

Cheers,

Cees

Thanks Cees,

I'll check the information you've provided. You're right the pictures are blurred so it is difficult to say.

I see the box inside white is rather plain and different to those I've seen here and in Ebay. A cheap version of Elysee? I've read somewhere that Elysees where also made in Mexico.

Further than that, due the crazy exchange rate system we have nowadays in Venezuela, the price - in equivalent dollars - is US$ 14,50 for the double set, which I assume is a bargain anyway.

Oswaldo

For that price .... RUN AND GO GET THEM :yikes:

Thanks,

I'll try to get them, if so will post them here.

As you said, nothing to loose.

Oswaldo

Thanks for all the info guys. I thought this thread was deleted or something!!!

@ oswaldo

Yes please post the pictures here if you get them. Good luck mate! Cheers!