The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Lamy Safari - Clips

lamy safari clip switch

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#41 atc729

atc729

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 January 2016 - 17:35

Has anyone had any attempts or successes with this in the USA? I would be VERY intrigued by a Stormtrooper Safari, white with black nib + clip, or a purple-black AL-Star. I may even black out my Vista...

If no one has contacted Lamy USA O'd be willing to be the canary, but if there's a path with footprints on it it would be easier...

I am wanting to do the same thing! White and black just looks good! But along the same lines, I was wanting to put an Al-Star section on it. Does anyone know if the Safari and Al-Star sections are the same? (I might go the route of buying the White Safari and Black Al-Star and switch clips, nibs, and sections)

Sponsored Content

#42 THRobinson

THRobinson

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 January 2016 - 19:07

I bought 2 black clips, just to save myself the trouble going forward... I like the Black-Purple Al Star, would look great with an ink like J.Herbin's "Poussiere de Lune".

That was the plan, but then decided, since I have 2 Safari's and 1 Al-Star... I may want to try other pens. Grabbed a Visconti at a steal of a price (1/3 of retail) which was a nice pen until 2 months later the barrel cracked. I just got a Monteverde at Xmas which I am liking a lot.

I'll probably keep the extra clip as a spare... seen a lot of images online of the black clips and the paint coming off. Kinda bummed that the black isn't a chrome plating. My Al-Star though sits on my desk at home, not in a backpack or briefcase bouncing around though.

If no one in the USA sells it, maybe you guys can do a group buy direct from Lamy or from here in Canada?

LAMY Al Star (Limited Ed. Copper Orange) w/ Noodler's Apache Sunset

LAMY Safari (Black) w/ Noodler's Black (Bulletproof)

LAMY Safari (Red) w/ Noodler's Eel Rattler Red

Noodler's Ahab (Clear Demonstrator) Used for Testing Inks

Parker Urban (London Cab Black) w/ Diamine Red Dragon

Parker Reflex (Green Pearl) w/ J.Herbin's Poussiere de Lune

#43 Miz Black Crow

Miz Black Crow

Inksperimentrix

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 383 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 January 2016 - 17:19

I sent an email to the Goulets, telling them I'd be interested in buying a BATCH of black clips, on the order of 10-50. (That way I can do pen upgrades for people, resell them here, etc.) We'll have to see what they say, but hopefully getting a large enough order will make them consider placing a special order.

Pens: TWSBI Diamond 580-AL (M), TWSBI Eco (M)

Lamy Safari { Vista (M); Charcoal (M); Charcoal (1.1mm SI)},

Noodler's Ahab (Cardinal Darkness, Blue Poseidon Pearl, Clear Demo, King Philip Purple Demo)

Retro 51 Tornado EXT in Lincoln (copper) (M)

Inks: Noodler's: 54th Massachusetts, Apache Sunset, Red Black, BSiARIcelandic Minty Bathwater, Lexington Grey, Liberty's Elysium, Old Manhattan Blackest Black

"an' it harm none, | Primum Non Nocere | do what ye will."
l.png

#44 jkingrph

jkingrph

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 970 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 January 2016 - 23:32

I had contacted the Goulet's a couple of months back and the reply was that they could not get parts.

I like their product line and service, but get the impression they are a full line stationer, possibly online only and offer no repair or specialized services as some of the other vendors out there.  

Regards

Jeff

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: lamy, safari, clip, switch

Sponsored Content

|