My First Grail Pen!

FinalEleven

So earlier this week I was finally able to purchase on of my personal Grail Pens...The Omas Ogiva Alba in Violet. Ever since I saw it on Goulet Pens I wanted this pen, especially since purple is my favorite color. I wasn't able to purchase it at the time. A couple of months pass and on a casual search I find that it's sold out almost everywhere and I was disheartened. I then found it on ebay from Tay from Pensinasia. I wasn't able to fully pay for it at the time and he graciously let me put down some money to hold the pen for me! A couple of weeks later, I managed to get the funds to fully pay for it and I finally was able to pay for it on the 2nd. Tay proceeds to ship it out on the 3rd and it was delivered to me today! 3 Day Shipping from across the world! Amazing!

I waited all day today for the package to arrive and after calling the shipping company a couple of times, the package arrived right when I was about to leave my house. I delay my plans for an hour while I crack open the package, open the awesome Omas box and was finally able to hold the pen that I've wanted for a while in my hands. It's 33/327. I also was able to get the Extra Fine with the Extra Flessible nib. After I flushed the pen out, I inked it up with an ink that perfectly fits this pen, Bung Box Imperial Purple, and wrote with it on my Rhodia Ice pad. I was completely blown away with the writing experience. It's completely different from all the pens I own and I am loving it. The incredibly soft nib and the flex it provides gives me joy. My friend gave me some guff about spending that much money on the pen, but I was incredibly happy and pleased with my purchase.

http://puu.sh/jrcUi/c7e6c9528d.jpg

Those who hurt me were not only someone else,

but also those who pretended not to notice. It was my friend.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FinalEleven

• ______Zaphod_Beeblebrox

• dms525

• Lam1

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats! Looks great :D

Pelikan 140 EF | Pelikan 140 OBB | Pelikan M205 0.4mm stub | Pilot Custom Heritage 912 PO | Pilot Metropolitan M | TWSBI 580 EF | Waterman 52 1/2v

That's a beautiful pen! Congratulations!!!! How do you like the extra-flessible?

It really blows my mind. I did enough research to know not to push it to hard or the nib will get sprung so I'm being very gentle with it. The slight line variation that I'm seeing in my writing is really awesome to look at though.

Congrats! Looks great :D

Thanks!

Congratulations! I am in the same situation as you were, I couldn't buy the pen when it came out and now I can't get it because it is sold out everywhere and purple is my favorite color and an EF extra flessibile nib calls to me... I'm happy that at least one of us has gotten that pen :P Use it in good health!

Is this realy a "Grail Pen"?

I thought a so call "Grail Pen" would be unattainable, and elusive. In other words, does not exist just like the actual so called "Holy Grail".

"Grail Pen" is a phrase that is over used just like "Man Cave".

Beautiful pen and you picked the perfect ink for it! About your friend...a lot of folks don't understand why we pay what we do for something we love. That's OK. It leaves more pens for those of us who love them. I don't understand why people spend big money on fancy cars, shot guns or Samarai swords but I don't begrudge them.

Would love to have a '57 Chevy some day though. But that's me. ;)

Lovely pen, ink, and handwriting !

Did you feel like a ten-year-old on Christmas morning ? :vbg:

Auf freiem Grund mit freiem Volke stehn.
Zum Augenblicke dürft ich sagen:
Verweile doch, du bist so schön !

Wish you joy of it!

"how do I know what I think until I write it down?"

I thought a so call "Grail Pen" would be unattainable, and elusive. In other words, does not exist just like the actual so called "Holy Grail".

Considering this pen is nigh unattainable from normal means would possibly consider this a grail pen,especially in this color.

In terms of your definition of a grail pen, my current one is a Pilot Custom Heritage 92 demonstrator in Violet. I've only seen it once on ebay and nowhere else. There's very little information on it.

But yes, the term grail pen is subjective.

Oh, and before I say anything I should have congratulated on your purchase.

It is a very nice pen, Omas make fine pens.

And do not take me too serious, I just type what pops in my head. Dangerous I know.

Congratulations! It is really beautiful! Enjoy!

"Today will be gone in less than 24 hours. When it is gone, it is gone. Be wise, but enjoy! - anonymous today

Congratulations! I am in the same situation as you were, I couldn't buy the pen when it came out and now I can't get it because it is sold out everywhere and purple is my favorite color and an EF extra flexibilitie nib calls to me... I'm happy that at least one of us has gotten that pen :P Use it in good hea

The OP must mean he got there first in finding what others have sought ever since the birth of FPN. Thank goodness the quest is now over, and at last we can rest!

They came as a boon, and a blessing to men,
The Pickwick, the Owl and the Waverley pen

Sincerely yours,

Pickwick

I love Tay at Pensinasia! He always has the out-of-production, limited addition, hard to find pens I'm looking for. Great communication and lightning fast shipping (always 3 days for me too!).

So happy for you! XD

BB Imperial Purple looks a bit blue--is it a blurple?

Ink, a drug.

― Vladimir Nabokov, Bend Sinister

Instagram:
a.transient.life

FinalEleven, congratulations on your new acquisition. It's a gorgeous pen and that extra flessible nib seems fantastic.

From Merriam-Webster: grail (non-capitalized) = "the object of an extended or difficult quest".

So, given the difficulty to find (and at the right time), it does seem that this fits the bill for a grail pen.

Reaching a difficult to achieve goal is always sweet. Congratulations!

It's a handsome pen. Use it in good health!

David

Rude as usual.