Show Us The Costliest Chinese Pen You Have!

sanyalsoumitra

Felt curious to ask what is the costliest Chinese pens owned by our members. Chinese pens are generally perceived as cheap ones but there are some more expensive than the rest of the pack. Below is a few pics of my Crocodile 702 my most expensive Chinese pen bought in mainland China for about $ 60. No idea if this is available at lower prices in the ebay / aliexpress,but for sure I had paid the local VAT etc. Please show us yours.

fpn_1438645439__p1020012.jpg

fpn_1438645506__p1020013.jpg

fpn_1438645548__p1020014.jpg

fpn_1438645587__p1020015.jpg

fpn_1438645644__p1020016.jpg

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• harry015

• richardandtracy

• rwilsonedn

• sanyalsoumitra

Hero 892 $18 Similar to Parker 45. The barrel and cap Is black with abalone and mother-of-pearl fragments embedded. The nib and feed is compatible with the 45. Have tried to submit a photo without success. But their is a review on this pen

Edited by Pickwick

They came as a boon, and a blessing to men,
The Pickwick, the Owl and the Waverley pen

Sincerely yours,

Pickwick

Hero 1000 @ circa £26

I really must pull my finger out, get some pics and do a review.......

I hope this thread gets more action. I really think a fair number of us are curious about the more expensive Chinese pens, but cautious about taking a chance on an unknown item. This is especially true where an unknown seller is involved.

I've been fortunate on the small purchases, and haven't bought anything pricey, as yet. The most I've spent was just under $30 US for a Hero 100. That was satisfactory. Nice pen, smooth writer, bit lightweight for me, but OK.

Anyway, good or bad, let's share experiences with the higher priced "good" stuff...

Ah, mine is this one too, only the gold/brown version. It's the only Chinese pen I own. It was pricey but worth it-- the nib was perfect out of the box, the finish is quite pretty, and I like its small size and good balance.

I think I'll have to pass on that one. It is a tiny little bit out of my price range.

I do wonder if the Hero 2009 is actually a good pen ( http://www.ebay.com/itm/HERO-2009-18K-DRAGON-PHOENIX-24KGP-GOLD-NET-18K-FP-/160831469624?hash=item25724d7838 ) but doubt if I'll meet anyone prepared to take the risk.

Regards,

Richard.

The title of the auction is confusing. The nib is apparently 18k gold, and the intricate design is apparently a grid on top of what appears to be either a steel or chromed brass tube. The gold content may be a lot less than expected, but the workmanship seems of a high order. Since the pen was issued in 2009, the seller (offering more than 10!), is probably charging a premium over the price at issue.

It certainly looks like a thing of beauty, but it's not the type of pen one inks and uses, even in a rotation. If the buyer is wealthy, the circumstances would be much different, of course.

Very interesting, at any rate, and well worth a look at the larger pictures. Hero does have the resources to make something like this, and I'd be curious about the original issue price.

Thanks for the link, it provided a few moments of "wow" time in a slow day.

I think I'll have to pass on that one. It is a tiny little bit out of my price range.

I do wonder if the Hero 2009 is actually a good pen ( http://www.ebay.com/itm/HERO-2009-18K-DRAGON-PHOENIX-24KGP-GOLD-NET-18K-FP-/160831469624?hash=item25724d7838 ) but doubt if I'll meet anyone prepared to take the risk.

Regards,

Richard.

Loiminchay did make a range of much less expensive pens ($100-500, I think) that were still very expensive by modern Chinese standards. I don't know if they are still active or not. As far as I can tell no one here ever reviewed one.

ron

Interesting thread. I have a cheaper Loimichay rollerball and the quality is excellent...though if I recall some of the pen is done in Japan and France in addition to China.

According to Peyton street pens, it is designed in China, made in France with Italian materials. For me the most expensive is a 1960s Beijing jinxing 12k.

Duke Confucious, fude version, heaviest pen ever, haven't even inked it yet, can't bring myself to part with it.

Similar one here:

Unusual.

Second most, a Haolilai 'Golden' pen. Beautiful finish, just okay writer.

My latest ebook.   And not just for Halloween!

My other pen is a Montblanc.