• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Luma

• amberleadavis

• inkstainedruth

• mhguda

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think it is so cool. I have flown it around my office when I was feeling blue. It really cheered me up.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

• 4 weeks later...

Just peeking in. Have read a few of the post's here. I guess my question is, 'can I join, or has it gone back to LuMA yet?'

• 4 weeks later...

I have the book now, just received it (from halloween). Next it is going to musicman. Not sure where it will go next...

I have a question I hope some of you who contributed may help solve the mystery. There was talk about the origami butterfly that was in the book, but I received the book without that little "guest". I've asked halloween and he has not seen it either. Amber mentioned having it fly around, so it was in the book then. Can it inadvertently have been left behind? And if so, where, and can whoever has it send it onwards so it is reunited with the book? that would be awesome...

a fountain pen is physics in action... Proud member of the SuperPinks

fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pi

There is always the indelicat one who is arrogant enough to take posession of someone else's property. :angry:

If asked, I could have sent one to the person.

WomenWagePeace

SUPORTER OF http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/100x75q90/631/uh2SgO.jpg

My avatar is a painting by the imense surrealist painter Remedios Varo

Somehow, I still think it's an honest mistake...

I hope whoever has it now speaks up soon and clears up the mystery for us.

But if not, the book in itself is such a joy to peruse... I am still doing that...

Although I am encouraged by the contents to make a small contribution of my own.

Patience, please...

A honest mistake... Humm, let me see... And why didn't the honest mistaker say: "hey guys, sorry, made a honest mistake and forgot to include the butterfly inside. I'll send it to the next person"? And still is not honestly responding?

Your opinion is much more beautiful than mine, of course, and the "lost" of the butterfly is by no means a lost for the pleasure of perusing the book. Never had that pretention.

It is just that, after having passed by so many hands, after almost 2 years of travelling, and so near to get to the owner... Very irritating, that is all.

Edit: to add last sentence.

WomenWagePeace

SUPORTER OF http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/100x75q90/631/uh2SgO.jpg

My avatar is a painting by the imense surrealist painter Remedios Varo

I have the book now, just received it (from halloween). Next it is going to musicman. Not sure where it will go next...

I have a question I hope some of you who contributed may help solve the mystery. There was talk about the origami butterfly that was in the book, but I received the book without that little "guest". I've asked halloween and he has not seen it either. Amber mentioned having it fly around, so it was in the book then. Can it inadvertently have been left behind? And if so, where, and can whoever has it send it onwards so it is reunited with the book? that would be awesome...

Oh no, that's my fault. I found it yesterday - it flew to the LA pen show with us and didn't fly back into the book. (I also didn't check in on this thread lately, so I missed this post.)

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

Oh no, that's my fault. I found it yesterday - it flew to the LA pen show with us and didn't fly back into the book. (I also didn't check in on this thread lately, so I missed this post.)

I'm glad it's surfaced. Please post a picture so we can see it. And then you can either send it directly to musicman and have it rejoin the book, or send it to me and I will put it back inside. Either way would work for me.

OOPs, I was typing this before I saw your response M.

I'm very sorry. I didn't have any bad motives. I separated the butterfly from the book when I was trying to scan the book and then I rushed to mail out the book and didn't get everything back together. It was a mistake and I am sorry.

I got to see MusicMan at the pen show. :) He is just as darling as you might have hoped. After he is done with the book, it is coming to me so that I can scan it. I'll put them back together and then send the combo out again.

Sometimes it is good to be wrong. :)

I am going to scan the butterfly, but does anyone have a pattern for how to make one? I will be sure to add the pattern back in with the book. It is super amazing.

I should have considered taking the book to the LA Pen show. Strangers came up because they recognized my book that GatzBCN made. The book really is amazing.

Glad the guest turned up safely. As I was only the second person to have the book - Fountainpagan's start was wonderful - I can only wet my lips in anticipation of scans to come from all the entries since. Sounds like it turned out beautifully.

It's really something special. When we finish this one and order a second one (and it will happen eventually), I think I would order it with half the pages. As we glue items in and add pictures, the size doubles which makes it no longer flat when closed.

It's really something special. When we finish this one and order a second one (and it will happen eventually), I think I would order it with half the pages. As we glue items in and add pictures, the size doubles which makes it no longer flat when closed.

But half the fun is seeing all the stuff people wrote and drew and glued in! Half the pages would mean half as much creativity. :(

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Not so. That creativity would be activated sooner. I have the journal now, and it's mostly empty pages - the cost of shipping all that empty paper is something I don't want to think about for now... I totally agree with Amberlea, let's do a normal-sized journal with half the pages, that way it will actually be filled in the time it goes around to everyone... and when it's full we start another...

I think that's a good idea. I can't imagine how overstuffed it would be if we actually filled all the pages.

I have Hobonichi planners that I glue pictures to, ticket stubs, decorate with washi tape...and by the end of the year those things are too fat to carry around.

Sometimes it is good to be wrong. :)

I am going to scan the butterfly, but does anyone have a pattern for how to make one? I will be sure to add the pattern back in with the book. It is super amazing.

I should have considered taking the book to the LA Pen show. Strangers came up because they recognized my book that GatzBCN made. The book really is amazing.

Hi everyone!! Even if I don't say much I follow this thread with interest and can't wait to see what you all have done with the book!

Since I see people mentioned that people had been gluing stuff and now the book barely closed... for the future you may consider asking for a "album type" journal. You know those empty albums that are thicker from the spine that the front? That. That way, with the extra space, when the book is filled, it is not left open. It looks weirder at the start, but looks better when finished. An extra motivation to fill it!!

Amber, how is that that strangers came up because they recognized the book? Which one, the tree green one or the Davis burgundy one? That is awesome!!

Have a wonderful weekend people!!! By the way, where is the book now? How does the list of names look like now?

You are welcome to visit my blog: http://gatzbcn.blogspot.com/ and that is my shop: https://www.gatzbcn.com/shop